Thread: The brand new Pocket Legends Update? Is it any good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs down The brand new Pocket Legends Update? Is it any good?

Hey guys, it's me Sekib from Tron!
    It's great that Spacetime Studios have updated the game but it has to be asked why. My initial thoughts towards this topic was simply because it'z who Cinco is! After further and further thought, how could one person encourage the whole of Spacetime studios to invest money in what they pretty much had made a 'dead franchise' update again. The only logical reason the game must have been updated was because of decreased income/revenue over the past few months. Wikipedia, to quote them, have said, 'SpaceTime Studios are estimated to be earning $8000 per day.' Surely that's not enough to pay 35 workers?. I know that we shouldn't always trust Wikipedia but $8000 seems realistic, with the majority of income coming from Arcane Legends. The new update that came out shocked us all, and for me, despite having a feeling of euphoria that Spacetime update the game, I wasn't happy.

Firstly, no new gear that looks new. I know that Pocket Legends does not have the money to make incredible new animations as such but seriously, if you are going to update the game, do it rightly. Next, this flaw is my opinion (some people may like it), the names of the gear sucks. What is PROJ? They don't make sense or make the sets seem prestige and nice to wear again, in my opinion. The name Swift, the name Savage or even Fiery actually sound nice and good to me.

Do I see Pocket legends updating the game again?
    Very simply, it depends on how much money comes into Pocket Legends. For example, if they start earning $16,000 dollars a day, they may make this their flagship game. If the game earns pretty much normal, what's the point?
    Dungeons
    The dungeons suck to me. Firstly, we have the basic aliens that are so easy to kill, it removes the challenge. The game has changed from finishing dungeons and having that good feeling to essentially running to a boss and hoping for a legendary/elite. What's the fun in this?

The one very small thing that annoys me
    I know this is small and exposes my seriously weird OCD, but why does 'THE OVERLORD RETURNS' have to be in full uppercase letters? To make it seem more challenging? To add drama?

Despite this hugely long rant, the least I have to say is thanks for updating the game. Please continue to do so. I know I've completely bashed SpaceTime, but I feel like I need your guys' opinion to see what you think? Thanks,

Sekib.
    Last edited by sahandunited; 10-30-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    L80 Sekib, (Bird), L80 Perisma, (Bird), Various other accounts used for PVP!
    Tron! Previous guildsBlue Phoenix, Hands for Help, Serene)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sahandunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Well... first i thought that everyone was quite happy that their halloween ain't ruined in PL but i was wrong.
    And now starting to state some of your things wrong..

First of All, where you state the whole Spacetimes studious was "encouraged" by Cinco and updated the game is not true(from what i hear).
    All the people(mostly) stats that this update was only done by our faithful Cinco, andi want to say he didn't did this for money. However to prove it i will use your example of wikipedia, if STS is earning 8k$ a day, still it is a pay to 35 workers including cinco. this means cinco is getting 250$ a day approximately(calculator says 229$). if we calculate then cinco pay is only more to 6870$ a month(and it while eventually be less when the update will be old). Cinco invested his own money and updated for what but 250$ a day? I don't think so it was his intention, and if he was a greedy person why would he even invest his own money?

Pocket Legends update is eventually depending on our luck... i heard people to buy 2k plat daily after STS said that they has stopped updating because those people had hope on STS, still sts updated after an year, so it depend if STS like updating, nno matter if they start earning 16000$.

To the new gear and dungeons, i don't expect any one to even complain, I know they're a copy paste but this update was intended as a Halloween surprise, an update which brought happiness to all other lovers of PL, an awakening for PL, and a gift from Cinco for being a loyal community. This update had a lot benefit on YOU which you didn't even thought once.
    But i'll state benefits.
    Wonder if Cinco didn't updated this game, the results will be worst, firstly slowly the community would had gotten less(in manner of good and old players). That decrease in community had taken your friends(i have already experienced) and even if you loved the game, with no good friends or less good friends you had deleted this game claiming that it is boring, like this many people wolud had quit and PL would be a game filled with newbies going here and there knowing nothing.
    As you talk that what's the fun in killing the boss for a pink or elite, but it was the same way always.

And as you get annoyed to the capitalizing of the overlord returns and think that it is to show it is more challenging and making in dramatic, i would like to ask you to think in a positive way.
    If you think it like this that it is to increase suspense and terror because overlord ruled at alien oasis much and its terror was a lot you'll be fine with the capitalize.

All of your excuses and problems are only caused because you thought so much negatively on this update(no offense) but you should had thought positively, thinking in a positive manner is always good.
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post I never said I wasn't positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingshahzeb View Post
    Well... first i thought that everyone was quite happy that their halloween ain't ruined in PL but i was wrong.
    And now starting to state some of your things wrong..

First of All, where you state the whole Spacetimes studious was "encouraged" by Cinco and updated the game is not true(from what i hear).
    All the people(mostly) stats that this update was only done by our faithful Cinco, andi want to say he didn't did this for money. However to prove it i will use your example of wikipedia, if STS is earning 8k$ a day, still it is a pay to 35 workers including cinco. this means cinco is getting 250$ a day approximately(calculator says 229$). if we calculate then cinco pay is only more to 6870$ a month(and it while eventually be less when the update will be old). Cinco invested his own money and updated for what but 250$ a day? I don't think so it was his intention, and if he was a greedy person why would he even invest his own money?

Pocket Legends update is eventually depending on our luck... i heard people to buy 2k plat daily after STS said that they has stopped updating because those people had hope on STS, still sts updated after an year, so it depend if STS like updating, nno matter if they start earning 16000$.

To the new gear and dungeons, i don't expect any one to even complain, I know they're a copy paste but this update was intended as a Halloween surprise, an update which brought happiness to all other lovers of PL, an awakening for PL, and a gift from Cinco for being a loyal community. This update had a lot benefit on YOU which you didn't even thought once.
    But i'll state benefits.
    Wonder if Cinco didn't updated this game, the results will be worst, firstly slowly the community would had gotten less(in manner of good and old players). That decrease in community had taken your friends(i have already experienced) and even if you loved the game, with no good friends or less good friends you had deleted this game claiming that it is boring, like this many people wolud had quit and PL would be a game filled with newbies going here and there knowing nothing.
    As you talk that what's the fun in killing the boss for a pink or elite, but it was the same way always.

And as you get annoyed to the capitalizing of the overlord returns and think that it is to show it is more challenging and making in dramatic, i would like to ask you to think in a positive way.
    If you think it like this that it is to increase suspense and terror because overlord ruled at alien oasis much and its terror was a lot you'll be fine with the capitalize.

All of your excuses and problems are only caused because you thought so much negatively on this update(no offense) but you should had thought positively, thinking in a positive manner is always good.
    I never said I was negative.
    I never said I wasn't positive; all I said was that it didn't leave me in the positive mindset it used to leave me when new updates came out.
    You got all the mathematics wrong!

SpaceTime studios might be earning 8,000 dollars everyday, but wrongfully, not all of it goes to the workers. They probably didn't buy the office or area of property they are in and may have to pay a huge fee for that. In addition, if they were to implement new updates in any game ( Mainly their flagship game=Arcane Legends), it would cost a lot of money in investment. Their are a lot of different things that they need to spend money on, rather then just the wages, and that's where you go wrong. Sure, if they were to be earning 275 dollars every day, they wouldn't need to roll out a new update!
    Did I ever say Cinco was greedy, in fact, he is God for pushing this update for us!
    Like the bold text says, I thank Cinco and all I was saying, was that their were problems in the new update.
    'Pocket Legends update is eventually depending on our luck... i heard people to buy 2k plat daily after STS said that they has stopped updating because those people had hope on STS, still sts updated after an year, so it depend if STS like updating, no matter if they start earning 16000$' I don't think a huge majority of people had faith that the game was updated, and if we were shown a demographic as to which people bought the 2000 platinum bundles, it would be levels lower then 60. I am not saying that level 77's were not buying plat, but much less, as they had what they needed.

Obviously the game would be more dead if there was no update!

That's just stating the obvious, come on!

And finally, you tell me to think in a positive mindset when in fact, every update for every game has bad features, and I just wanted to point them out and get ideas from other members in what now, is slowly becoming a thriving community.

-Sekib

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Well the beginning point is based on a misunderstood premise.

Cinco did not influence the studio to do anything. It was quite simply him working entirely alone, while the rest of the studio was producing their usual commodity.

Nextly,

The article stating that they were generating $8,000 a day is ooooolllldddddd, like early(?) 2011 old.

They are making, presumably, exponentially more now.

Finally,

What could u expect from one man, making content for a beloved game alone, to do?

Just be happy for what you got.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

befssss come backkkk D:
    BestChuck Inflated, Vonc Overrated, Flashx Outdated, TSM Eliminated!
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

fun review of this new level cap, i would disagree with a bit of what you said, also I think you misunderstood what happened; cinco didnt encourage spacetime do dump more funding into this game but he invested his own personal time and ideas into a game which he and we love a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by sahandunited View Post
    Firstly, no new gear that looks new. I know that Pocket Legends does not have the money to make incredible new animations as such but seriously, if you are going to update the game, do it rightly.
    I mean this wasnt even a funded level cap and last cap didnt have new gear either so not sure what the surprise here is.

Very simply, it depends on how much money comes into Pocket Legends. For example, if they start earning $16,000 dollars a day, they may make this their flagship game. If the game earns pretty much normal, what's the point?
    good speculation: if it makes more money than yes, more of common sense

The dungeons suck to me. Firstly, we have the basic aliens that are so easy to kill, it removes the challenge. The game has changed from finishing dungeons and having that good feeling to essentially running to a boss and hoping for a legendary/elite. What's the fun in this?
    I'd say the high hit point bosses more than make up for the quick dash through mobs
    Good feeling? I think that comes from getting pink or elite items, basically every mmo ever

why does 'THE OVERLORD RETURNS' have to be in full uppercase letters? To make it seem more challenging? To add drama?
    CUZ CINCO WANTED TO, DOES THIS EVEN NEED QUESTIONED

from Tron!
    enough said

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magic Sword For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Groaning View Post
    befssss come backkkk D:
    Name:  jpeg.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  75.5 KB

But every1 is so toxic :'(
    Ign - Coolguymage

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Exclamation Another Misunderstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Well the beginning point is based on a misunderstood premise.

Cinco did not influence the studio to do anything. It was quite simply him working entirely alone, while the rest of the studio was producing their usual commodity.

Nextly,

The article stating that they were generating $8,000 a day is ooooolllldddddd, like early(?) 2011 old.

They are making, presumably, exponentially more now.

Finally,

What could u expect from one man, making content for a beloved game alone, to do?

Just be happy for what you got.
    I never said I was ungrateful!
    I never said I was ungrateful, and all I did was just point out the flaws in the new update. If a new update rolls out, for whichever game, it's good to compare the pro's and the con's, and in this case, in my opinion, there are more negative sides. But like always, we should be grateful for any update that comes since they made it a dead franchise.

-Sekib

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Responce to Magic Sword!

]'I mean this wasnt even a funded level cap and last cap didnt have new gear either so not sure what the surprise here is.'
    If he spent another two months planning and making the new gear, wouldn't we have liked the update much much more. I don't want this to be perceived as hate simply because I admire Cinco a lot and when I mean a lot, a lot more then any of some you people playing. Why? I actually started playing this game in 2011, whereas, the majority of users for Pocket Legends came in the early parts of 2014.

'I'd say the high hit point bosses more than make up for the quick dash through mobs
    Good feeling? I think that comes from getting pink or elite items, basically every mmo ever'

Strange opinion, in my opinion!

I would rather dungeons be longer and harder, but rather then having a 5% chance of getting a nice elite, it would be improved to 15%. Please note, that these figures are completely made up, and I am just using it for an example.

'CUZ CINCO WANTED TO, DOES THIS EVEN NEED QUESTIONED'

I clearly mentioned this was just my OCD!

I clearly said that this was my opinion and a bit of OCD; there's no way you can drag me down for this!

And finally, what is wrong with Tron?

-Sekib

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Lol. /11 chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

He is a thinking a positive manner. In fact the argument is not over who is positive and not. He is making a point but you are taking the point and twisting it. No offence what you are saying is true, but I'm reading the post and there is no matter of opinion due to negativity of it.
    L80 Ileave/L30Brotherprince/L25 Persverance/L15 Naeini/L15 Sheikhi
    If I leave mid-fight, I may get my death but you don't get your kill -Ileave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Btw my reply above was to Kingshahzeb...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

If he spent another two months planning and making the new gear, wouldn't we have liked the update much much more. I don't want this to be perceived as hate simply because I admire Cinco a lot and when I mean a lot, a lot more then any of some you people playing. Why? I actually started playing this game in 2011, whereas, the majority of users for Pocket Legends came in the early parts of 2014.
    I mean you can go on that indefinitely if he spent another 10 years on it he coulda made PL greater than any pc mmo and we would have loved it that much more
    ...Realistic expectations

And Yeah I started in dec2010

I would rather dungeons be longer and harder, but rather then having a 5% chance of getting a nice elite, it would be improved to 15%. Please note, that these figures are completely made up, and I am just using it for an example.
    Not a bad idea, similar to original shadow caves in their first days with 100% pink drops.
    I am not opposed to this however the average dungeon time is probably about the same as old shadow caves with the new bosses health and that's with the elixirs we now have.

I clearly said that this was my opinion and a bit of OCD; there's no way you can drag me down for this!
    Not dragging you down, OCD is fine, why even mention such an arbitrary detail?

Tron?
    Nothing we have time or need to discuss here c:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic Sword For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

What does how old u r have to do with admiring some1...

Name:  37879091.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  88.0 KB

Also stop backing yourself up on another account...
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Another account? I already clarified I am his bro. Stop trying to be funny because you're really not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbemani1 View Post
    Another account? I already clarified I am his bro. Stop trying to be funny because you're really not.
    Gentle reminder, thanks boosting is ok but account sharing against tos.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Looooooooool I'll pay 1m pl gold to be thanked to 200. PM me ign xxthexbossxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk