Thread: [Q]What is the story of AL?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I don't see any people interested with AL's lore, so this is quite a rare sighting!

Okay,so the story is made of 4 parts.

PART 1:
    Lord Mardrom,lord of the demons wants to invade the world of Arlor and he sends Ghul Bellybottom (an orc) along with his goblin horde to create a portal for Lord Mardrom and his "damned legion" (this is how Dimitrius calls it) to get to Arlor.The goblins choose the Brackenridge gold mine as the construction site for the portal.And they also raid the village,destroy the aqueducts and imprison Dorothy (i think that's her name) because reasons.
    This fails,so Lord Mardrom sends in Bael along with the Necromancers (the witches in ydra forest and Watcher's tomb) to build another portal on Rooks' Nest.Bael doesn't want to get interrupted, so he corrupts the rooks and we all know how that went out.
    A moment of silence for Karin's father.

Done.After that,Gustav sends you a letter in wich he says he will be going to Rooks's Nest to confront Bael.Bael kills Gustav,you kill Bael and before he dies,Gustav tells tou that the key is the arcane companions (not arcane rarity,just normal pets) and we have to protect them.
    Lord Mardrom is rage quitting.I mean he failed twice,don't tell me you wouldn't do that.A soldier comes and tells him that they have found "The Artifact", a piece of unholy power that can raise the dead.Lord Mardrom manages somehow to teleport to Arlor along with his legion (and The Artifact).They established their headquarters in the Arcanum Castle and attacked Kraag.
    When you meet Noxxar,head of the Kraag Commandos (or as i like to call it,"The Iron Regiment") and he tells you to go to Dimitrius (nice name btw) on the front lines.When you meet him,he assigns you to the army and thus you go to war.
    While you are destroying the Kraag cannons,you meet Captain Rutger,and he gives you the task to find his missing scout,Ann.As you already know,she's the first boss of the campaign and you already guessed what happened to her.
    Moving on,the Dead are sending reinforcements over the frontline,and this time it has an undead troll with it.And his name is...*drumroll* Krunch! No seriously,he's Krunch.
    You finally reach the Arcanum Grounds and when you get there,your first job is to destroy the Artifact,but Rutger wants it for a selfish purpose.The selfish purpose is his girlfriend,who probably died in the Kraag explosion (i think the one responsible for the explosion is the Nott ghost in Paradise Pier).
    Then you finally defeat Mardrom and the legion.

PART 2:

The Aegir pirates have always been a danger to the Arlorian coastline,but they spent their time drinking and fighting each other.This changed after Captain Bloodhammer united the pirates under one flag and attacked Windmoore Harbour.Of course,this means war,and you go to war.Again.
    After the attack,you journey to Paradise Pier,the capital city of the Kolga,who are sworn enemies of the Aegir.During the journey,you get attacked by Bloodhammer,and then you learn who you're dealing with.After you get there,you meet general Priska,commander of the Kolga and she gives you your first task:defeat Captain Fangtooth at Grog Beach.
    When you defeat him,you find a mailbag that says that Bloodhammer and Fangtooth somehow betrayed Captain Hately.
    You go there to find what's going on,and when you defeat Captain Hately,he says that he will have no rest until Fangtooth has paid for his betrayal.When he finds out about Fangtooth's death,Hately gives you the location of Bloodhammer's HQ: Skull Cove.
    After you defeat Bloodhammer,you find out that the artifact that allowed Bloodhammer to wreck havoc in The Kraken Isles is the Gleipnir.When you think of Gleipnir,you think of the 3 great heroes: Uller,Vili and Himingleva,and when you think of them, you think of Nordr.

Surprisingly,Nordr is under attack,blah,blah, blah.You make your way to Stronghold and you meet King Erik who gives you your first task:Sound the Horn of Victory at Reaper's Pass (mount Spyr map).When you get there,you see that the battle is a complete disaster,and only 1 man manages to escape the onslaught.You sound the horn of victory,blah,blah,blah and you continue your way throughout Oltgar Keep to achieve complete victory over the frost.You find out that Grimnr,the last frost giant and the leader of the frost army had stolen a piece if the Gleipnir from Vili's tomb.
    You return to Stronghold,home of Uller's tomb and you retrieve a shard of the Gleipnir from the tomb.With all 3 pieces combined, you have the Glepinir in its full greatness.

After your great victory over the frost and saving the Kingdom of Nordr from collapse,a misterious Nott (who gives me sometimes the creeps),Seer Hox creates a portal that leads to Shuyal,his homeworld.This is the same portal that the Nott built 100 years ago when they escaped from the almost Devoured land of Shuyal.The portal is called now "The Lost Gate".

You walk through the portal, and you are given a hero's welcome by the Nott.Just kidding,you thought you are always gonna be welcomed as a hero, didn't you?
    Okay, back to the story.The Nott are scared and they don't know what to do.Elder Horrin (who is too pesimistic for his age IMO) doesn't want you here and begins to complain about opening the portal.At last,he gives you the first task:collect some kind of shadowmancer essence to see if the town's alchemist,Rowan, can find a way to transform the shadowmancers back to the Nott.

Spoiler alert:it doesn't work.There is no way to turn them back.
    After this sad news,elder Horrin gives you a mission to kill the Wraith heart,Ferrix and retrieve the Heart of the Forest from the overgrowth.After this,you are given the mission of all missions:to kill Darkness incarnate,Inan'Hesh.But for this,you have to go through the Undim Fields.Of course,you get through that aswell and you also kill Inan'hesh.
    NOW you are given a hero's welcome by the remaining Nott.

PART 3:
    Tarlok,a naughty sorcerer and his dragon companion,Valkoz invade Arlor because some reasons.
    Tarlok wants to conquer Arlor,and he starts with something relatively "small":Nordr.They attack the village of Frozen Hope,in the highest peaks of mount Spyr.
    If you are an old player,you would recognize this as the 2013 winter event.
    Moving on,the heroes of Arlor are called to the rescue.You know what happens next.
    After Tarlok's death,the Arlorians decide to attack Tindirin to take even more revenge for Tarlok's Wrath.Captain Oarswood,Jorrick and General Clurg are leading the expedion.On the island,the Dragkin tribesmen are "welcoming" you with their best troops,including the Elite (nub)Guards.After securing the wilds area and leaving open space for the troops to assault Mount Rockhorn,the leaders of the expedition decide that they will attack the mountain through the tunnels.To get there,they need to defeat the tribesmen at the Jagged Trail.You defeat them,and you make your way through the mountain blah blah blah,complete victory.
    But victory isn't that easy to achieve.There are many dragons spread all across the world who will come to defend their homeland.
    Sirrylax,a dragon lord,comes from the Ursume mountains (just a liitle north from Nordr) and attacks Balmy Bay,the north shore of Tindirin.
    You guessed how that turned out.I'm sure you've been here at the 2014 winter event.In case you haven't,don't worry, they will recolour this event this year too.

PART 4:
    Just a peaceful afternoon in the village of Garetta,until...ORCS!
    Raiding.Pillaging.Destroying everything in their path,the orcs totally reduced Garetta to a burning ruin.

Until you showed up.The great heroes of Arlor repaired Garetta and made the Ren'gol orc clan pay for what they've done.

But you want to know how the orcs came to Garetta,do you?
    Korgar Goretusk,warchief of the Ren'gol orc clan,invaded and pillaged the Glintstone caverns to extract glintstones and make money,and of course,for the Cryostar.
    The Cryostar is an artifact of (almost) limitless power.With it,nothing can stop the orcs.During their mining operations,the orcs created an inter-dimensional portal where they banished the gnomes.But one brave gnome,called Fribbel,escaped through a mining cart outside the caverns into Garetta (you remember in the Garetta rebuilding event that there was a mining cart in the place of the statue that is now? yeah,that's the mining cart Fribbel escaped with).Unaware that the orcs were following him,they pillaged Garetta and you know what happened next.

Thank you for reading! Have an awful day!
    Last edited by Dimitrian; 11-02-2015 at 04:42 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    I don't see any people interested with AL's lore, so this is quite a rare sighting!

Okay,so the story is made of 4 parts.

PART 1:
    Lord Mardrom,lord of the demons wants to invade the world of Arlor and he sends Ghul Bellybottom (and orc) along with his goblin horde to create a portal for Lord Mardrom and his "damned legion" (this is how Dimitrius calls it) to get to Arlor.The goblins choose the Brackenridge gold mine as the construction site for the portal.And they also raid the village,destroy the aqueducts and imprison Dorothy (i think that's her name) because reasons.
    This fails,so Lord Mardrom sends in Bael along with the Necromancers (the witches in ydra forest and Watcher's tomb) to build another portal on Rooks' Nest.Bael doesn't want to get interrupted, so he corrupts the rooks and we all know how that went out.
    A moment of silence for Karin's father.

Done.After that,Gustav sends you a letter in wich he says he will be going to Rooks's Nest to confront Bael.Bael kills Gustav,you kill Bael and before he dies,Gustav tells tou that the key is the arcane companions (not arcane rarity,just normal pets) and we have to protect them.
    Lord Mardrom is rage quitting.I mean he failed twice,don't tell me you wouldn't do that.A soldier comes and tells him that they have found "The Artifact", a piece of unholy power that can raise the dead.Lord Mardrom manages somehow to teleport to Arlor along with his legion (and The Artifact).They established their headquarters in the Arcanum Castle and attacked Kraag.
    When you meet Noxxar,head of the Kraag Commandos (or as i like to call it,"The Iron Regiment") and he tells you to go to Dimitrius (nice name btw) on the front lines.When you meet him,he assigns you to the army and thus you go to war.
    While you are destroying the Kraag cannons,you meet Captain Rutger,and he gives you the task to find his missing scout,Ann.As you already know,she's the first boss of the campaign and you already guessed what happened to her.
    Moving on,the Dead are sending reinforcements over the frontline,and this time it has an undead troll with it.And his name is...*drumroll* Krunch! No seriously,he's Krunch.
    You finally reach the Arcanum Grounds and when you get there,your first job is to destroy the Artifact,but Rutger wants it for a selfish purpose.The selfish purpose is his girlfriend,who probably died in the Kraag explosion (i think the one responsible for the explosion is the Nott ghost in Paradise Pier).
    Then you finally defeat Mardrom and the legion.

PART 2:

The Aegir pirates have always been a danger to the Arlorian coastline,but they spent their time drinking and fighting each other.This changed after Captain Bloodhammer united the pirates under one flag and attacked Windmoore Harbour.Of course,this means war,and you go to war.Again.
    After the attack,you journey to Paradise Pier,the capital city of the Kolga,who are sworn enemies of the Aegir.During the journey,you get attacked by Bloodhammer,and then you learn who you're dealing with.After you get there,you meet general Priska,commander of the Kolga and she gives you your first task:defeat Captain Fangtooth at Grog Beach.
    When you defeat him,you find a mailbag that says that Bloodhammer and Fangtooth somehow betrayed Captain Hately.
    You go there to find what's going on,and when you defeat Captain Hately,he says that he will have no rest until Fangtooth has paid for his betrayal.When he finds out about Fangtooth's death,Hately gives you the location of Bloodhammer's HQ: Skull Cove.
    After you defeat Bloodhammer,you find out that the artifact that allowed Bloodhammer to wreck havoc in The Kraken Isles is the Gleipnir.When you think of Gleipnir,you think of the 3 great heroes: Uller,Vili and Himingleva,and when you think of them, you think of Nordr.

Surprisingly,Nordr is under attack,blah,blah, blah.You make your way to Stronghold and you meet King Erik who gives you your first task:Sound the Horn of Victory at Reaper's Pass (mount Spyr map).When you get there,you see that the battle is a complete disaster,and only 1 man manages to escape the onslaught.You sound the horn of victory,blah,blah,blah and you continue your way throughout Oltgar Keep to achieve complete victory over the frost.You find out that Grimnr,the last frost giant and the leader of the frost army had stolen a piece if the Gleipnir from Vili's tomb.
    You return to Stronghold,home of Uller's tomb and you retrieve a shard of the Gleipnir from the tomb.With all 3 pieces combined, you have the Glepinir in its full greatness.

After your great victory over the frost and saving the Kingdom of Nordr from collapse,a misterious Nott (who gives me sometimes the creeps),Seer Hox creates a portal that leads to Shuyal,his homeworld.This is the same portal that the Nott built 100 years ago when they escaped from the almost Devoured land of Shuyal.The portal is called now "The Lost Gate".

You walk through the portal, and you are given a hero's welcome by the Nott.Just kidding,you thought you are always gonna be welcomed as a hero, didn't you?
    Okay, back to the story.The Nott are scared and they don't know what to do.Elder Horrin (who is too pesimistic for his age IMO) doesn't want you here and begins to complain about opening the portal.At last,he gives you the first task:collect some kind of shadowmancer essence to see if the town's alchemist,Rowan, can find a way to transform the shadowmancers back to the Nott.

Sppiler alert:it doesn't work.There is no way to turn them back.
    After this sad news,elder Horrin gives you a missikn to kill the Wraith heart,Ferrix and retrieve the Heart of the Forest frlmthe overgrowth.After this,you are given the mission of mission:to kill Darkness incarnate,Inan'Hesh.But for this,you have to go through the Undim Fields.Of course,you get through that aswell and you also kill Inan'hesh.
    NOW you are given a hero's welcome by the remaining Nott.

I'm gonna do Part 3 and 4 tomorrow cause i'm tired as heck right now.
    Wow thanks for this ill look forward for part 3 and 4.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree