Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: This Weekend in Arcane Legends | Jewel Elixirs Arrive for a Limited Time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agressief View Post
    Thanks for the jewel elixers
    Say what?????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cornel-west-crazy-look.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	143130

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

With the exception of a few posts I see some good arguments for and against the ELIXIRS. I think it is obvious that some like the new elixirs and some do not. I respect all the well thought out replies one way or the other.

My biggest issue with the elixirs is the class difference. Mages have way better results and Warriors have difficulty because of the Damage/DOT aspect of the Elixirs. I do think the Elixirs need to be class balanced somehow. I also think "Coalesce" is a misleading term. If Jewels really did "Coalesce" we would be able to calculate how much damage was required to "Coalesce" a Jewel. As it is the granting of Jewels seems more random than anything and based on DOT "ticks" not total damage.

If these were to be released as trade-able I would run these over Luck and KM3 at least until prices drop and this weekend event had 0 effect on prices. I do think that these only work well in Elite maps and I had much better luck with running with a solid party then solo. I think the reasoning for this is I could focus more on Damage then staying alive. My limited testing in normal maps gave terrible results. Based on my result I think I could conservatively make twice the gold in half the time then luck elixirs in KM3 which would more than make up the difference in cost (assuming they are trade-able).

For me the best thing with the elixirs was that I could do my regular fang runs while also running elixirs and I got way more enjoyment out of the runs.

As for drop rates of jewels changing it is hard for me to say, if drop rates were lowered for the weekend I do thing that is a bad move. Also while I see Serancha's points in regards to Gems vs. Jewels and the time and effort required I always come back to the fact that you can keep Jewels forever. If you upgrade your gear you just have to transfer the Jewels instead of powering through days/weeks of re-gemming trying to get super gems. So in the short term I do think the new system is more expensive and takes more time but in the long run I think it will be cheaper and less time consuming with Jewels. The problem is it is going to take a very long time to max out your Jewels. Tradeable Jewel elixirs will speed up the process considerably.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #83
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We will be reading over these discussions as well as looking at the data from this event. I would like to take a moment to reassure you that we did NOT lower the normal drop rates of jewels at the same time as creating a for purchase enhancer.

Concerns related to class based farming sound valid, in which case there may be reasoning here to justify it forming jewels based on dealing AND taking damage. This would ensure that a warrior could still benefit properly by tanking for their party. This is just a thought of course, and one to be discussed internally with the data we collect.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Concerns related to class based farming sound valid, in which case there may be reasoning here to justify it forming jewels based on dealing AND taking damage. This would ensure that a warrior could still benefit properly by tanking for their party. This is just a thought of course, and one to be discussed internally with the data we collect.
    This is not feasible as taking damage requires just one set of mobs so it would tip the balance to the warrior having the advantage.

It would be nice to share some more info on how the formula to coalesce jewels works either way. Most importantly, is total damage dealt affecting it or just the number of "ticks"? And why is it necessary to kill the targets in order to receive jewels (from tests under the elix, hitting but not killing results in zero jewels)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    This is not feasible as taking damage requires just one set of mobs so it would tip the balance to the warrior having the advantage.

It would be nice to share some more info on how the formula to coalesce jewels works either way. Most importantly, is total damage dealt affecting it or just the number of "ticks"? And why is it necessary to kill the targets in order to receive jewels (from tests under the elix, hitting but not killing results in zero jewels)?
    You don't have to kill anything to get jewels. In fact, you are far better off not killing. Use a level 1 common weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    You don't have to kill anything to get jewels. In fact, you are far better off not killing. Use a level 1 common weapon.
    This is not in line with my test results as capped mage in shuyal but I can repeat to verify.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    As for drop rates of jewels changing it is hard for me to say, if drop rates were lowered for the weekend I do thing that is a bad move. Also while I see Serancha's points in regards to Gems vs. Jewels and the time and effort required I always come back to the fact that you can keep Jewels forever. If you upgrade your gear you just have to transfer the Jewels instead of powering through days/weeks of re-gemming trying to get super gems. So in the short term I do think the new system is more expensive and takes more time but in the long run I think it will be cheaper and less time consuming with Jewels. The problem is it is going to take a very long time to max out your Jewels. Tradeable Jewel elixirs will speed up the process considerably.
    While I understand that the items are reusable and you can keep them forever, it's the math that is bothersome on this. They have made it so that it is pretty much mandatory to use these elixirs if someone is to be able to make quality jewels while the game still exists. Especially if they have further lowered the drop rate for non-elixir players.

If we calculate a generous yield of 20 cracked jewels for each elixir, we can get 80 jewels per hour of the variety we want. (Calculating a damaged as 3 cracked to reach this average based on various reports on the forum).

That means it would take 27 hours of elixir use to make one noble gem = 874 plat

x 18 to jewel all gear

So it would require 486 hours and 14,592 plat to make a full set of noble jewels using elixirs.

For someone who farms 3 hours a day, that would mean 162 days (5 1/2 months) and $800 - $950 in real money (in Canada the price of a 1700 plat pack is over $110, and other non-US countries it is up there also) to make a set of jewels (plus the gold required to craft them).

If we do not use elixirs, it has been calculated out on this thread to 36 years to make a set for an average player farming 3 hours a day.

Edit
    It just seems to be really really unbalanced. Elixirs are supposed to give you a bit of help to make things easier, but things should not be virtually impossible to do without them. The joy of the gem system was that non-plat or moderate-plat players could earn money by farming essences and making gems.

We already give the plat merchants our earned gold for elixirs, ankhs, respecs, arcane pets, mythic weapons etc. Must everything take that route?
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-09-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Edit
    It just seems to be really really unbalanced. Elixirs are supposed to give you a bit of help to make things easier, but things should not be virtually impossible to do without them. The joy of the gem system was that non-plat or moderate-plat players could earn money by farming essences and making gems.

We already give the plat merchants our earned gold for elixirs, ankhs, respecs, arcane pets, mythic weapons etc. Must everything take that route?
    All great points. I would suggest that IF jewel elixirs are made tradable the return more than pays for the elixir with lots left over. Assuming prices hold close to where they are (maybe an unreasonable assumption) given Finesse at 5k per cracked currently in CS. Elixirs should average 16-18k per in CS so given your average of 20 cracked per elixir if you sell 4 after every run you more than make back your gold, minus pots, and have lots of jewels left over. Sell 5-6 if you need to make back pot money too.

I would take that return over selling elixirs any day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I just thought it was funny how there's still water and nature based elixirs. Those are the worst ones, no one would buy them with plat! Another question is why do nature and water jewels practically drop a few of each per run of normal maps yet running the rengol maps yield sometimes 0 of the primary stat jewels in a few runs. Doesn't make sense to me if everything was equal. We need some more transparency on how jewels drop, as well as their rate and perhaps a balance. I still think there should be a trade in system where we can get the jewel we want when we get junk jewels like water and nature. Maybe 10 nature for one jewel of our choice? I'm pretty must just deleting water and nature jewels as they just clog up our continually shrinking inventory space. I'll leave that for another suggestion thread!
    Last edited by Kakashis; 11-09-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

This is not in line with my test results as capped mage in shuyal but I can repeat to verify.
    It works and is the most efficient way to farm jewels. I actually took it a step further and respeced to replace my dex with all strength.

Do main stat jewels even drop in shuyal? I spent all of my time in elite Tindrin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

the drop rate was changed, i used to beable to farm for 3 hours and have enough jewels to sell and buy potions and mana to keep on farming
    now its different i get like 10k worth of jewels please remove jerita from the game thank you
    o yeah and it seems like more water jewels and diamonds are dropping

ill repeat myself " THE DROP RATE WAS CHANGED" i wouldnt be posting if it didnt
    Last edited by AKILIOS; 11-09-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Am I the only one who wants better jewels with these new elixirs too?
    I doubt it.........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We will be reading over these discussions as well as looking at the data from this event. I would like to take a moment to reassure you that we did NOT lower the normal drop rates of jewels at the same time as creating a for purchase enhancer.

It is better to have the jewels drop more often on bosses instead of mobs. This weekend test proofs that it drops too much for 8 plat~30-60 jewels in 15mins. This will actually makes players kill the elite bosses now instead of ignoring them. (No loots from boss, then why waste our time on them)

This way, STS can release stand alone jewel elixir that can be purchasable and sell to other players who are f2p.

And for the drop rates for All Classes, Mage have the best, and Rogs & Wars w/new mythics are not far behind.

And for most wars who disagree, i solo all Classes and i average about 30-50 jewels in 15mins. It all depends on which map you farm.

But Overall, the drop rates IMO are too high. Make them drop from Elite bosses is better in the long run for the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I got 15 crack fin and one damaged fin with one elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Now that this "event" is over, I will post my findings..... I did not mention this up until now so as not promote this information, but I figured out a way to "abuse" these elixirs to my advantage in a way that was obviously not intended. I'm not the only one either who figured this out.... Here is what you needed to do:

1) Have a sorcerer and use the following skills with all AoE and DoT upgrades: Time Shift, Fireball, Frost, Shield

2) Next, remove your weapon, you will not need it for this.

3) Remove your belt

4) For your helm, armor, ring and amulet, use cheap legendary gear that has high armor values and high STR/Health values, and put diamond jewels in every slot.

With this setup, your damage will be lower than 250, and your armor will be higher than 2000 and health higher than 4000. This is what you want.

5) Make a solo party, and enter the elite wilds dungeon. Make sure you have a lot of potions, and it also helps to have Nekro or another good defensive pet.

6) Gather up a big group of mobs, and just keep dropping your clock, fireball and frost skills, all charged. These attacks will do little to no damage since your damage is so low, but it will be enough to keep the potion working and jewels will continue to drop over and over. It will take a few minutes to actually kill the mobs since your damage is so low. So keep circling and moving around the mobs and keep using your skills, and alternate between your shield and nekro's shield to protect yourself and keep spamming health pots.

Using this method I managed to drop as many as 65 jewels (counting cracked as 1 jewel and damaged as 3 jewels) with a single 15 minute potion. My average was 40-50.

With finesse jewels selling for 4500-5000 each, that means I was able to turn 8 plat into around 200k. With other methods of converting plat to gold, like selling elixirs or ankhs, the exchange rate is usually about 10% as much as this. So the way I see things, the long term result of having this elixir in the game would be that jewels will drop in price to around 10-20% of what they cost now.

You will notice that this single weekend did not really affect jewel prices. The reason is that finesse jewels and chaos jewels are still in great demand as very few players have reached the point of achieving noble jewels on their gear. So even with a huge supply, players kept buying them up. However, do this long term and the supply will quickly outpace the demand as players use up their gold, and prices will drop way down.

So with that in mind, I give this idea a thumbs down. I think there are better ways that STS can some extra cash than the manipulate the jewel market.

Here's an idea, how about adding some sort of very rare arcane item to the drop tables of the rengol elite dungeons. Make it a pet egg, or maybe an arcane belt? something rare that can be had from a boss drop, and can be rerolled from a mythic drop. Then luck elixirs will become more popular again. There is no need to have a new type of elixir like this one.

Here is another idea..... Make it so that a damaged jewel (of any type) can be rerolled from a cracked jewel with a luck elixir (or lep amulet). Then people will run more often with a luck elixir, but at least we will not see tons and tons of jewels dropping.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-09-2015 at 06:28 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Thank you for the event. The main drawback is well known. Because this farming is very expensive, everyone is trying to max loot for his real-life money and usually takes mage and runs hard elites solo. I wasted at least 50 plats on rogue until I understood that I must learn to play solo elite mage fast if I want to get reasonable amount of jewels for my money.

I support the idea of Serancha (edit, and Energ) - increase the basic drop rate at least by 50% (three runs in rengol for one stat jewel, really?) and let the elixir give you chance (good chance) to reroll the stat/chaos cracked into damaged or even weak (small chance). The elixir should last longer, say 30 minutes, which should cover the time for Rengol daily for most players.
    Last edited by KingMartin; 11-09-2015 at 06:34 PM.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Now that this "event" is over, I will post my findings..... I did not mention this up until now so as not promote this information, but I figured out a way to "abuse" these elixirs to my advantage in a way that was obviously not intended. I'm not the only one either who figured this out.... Here is what you needed to do:

1) Have a sorcerer and use the following skills with all AoE and DoT upgrades: Time Shift, Fireball, Frost, Shield

2) Next, remove your weapon, you will not need it for this.

3) Remove your belt

4) For your helm, armor, ring and amulet, use cheap legendary gear that has high armor values and high STR/Health values, and put diamond jewels in every slot.

With this setup, your damage will be lower than 250, and your armor will be higher than 2000 and health higher than 4000. This is what you want.

5) Make a solo party, and enter the elite wilds dungeon. Make sure you have a lot of potions, and it also helps to have Nekro or another good defensive pet.

6) Gather up a big group of mobs, and just keep dropping your clock, fireball and frost skills, all charged. These attacks will do little to no damage since your damage is so low, but it will be enough to keep the potion working and jewels will continue to drop over and over. It will take a few minutes to actually kill the mobs since your damage is so low. So keep circling and moving around the mobs and keep using your skills, and alternate between your shield and nekro's shield to protect yourself and keep spamming health pots.

Using this method I managed to drop as many as 65 jewels (counting cracked as 1 jewel and damaged as 3 jewels) with a single 15 minute potion. My average was 40-50.

With finesse jewels selling for 4500-5000 each, that means I was able to turn 8 plat into around 200k. With other methods of converting plat to gold, like selling elixirs or ankhs, the exchange rate is usually about 10% as much as this. So the way I see things, the long term result of having this elixir in the game would be that jewels will drop in price to around 10-20% of what they cost now.

You will notice that this single weekend did not really affect jewel prices. The reason is that finesse jewels and chaos jewels are still in great demand as very few players have reached the point of achieving noble jewels on their gear. So even with a huge supply, players kept buying them up. However, do this long term and the supply will quickly outpace the demand as players use up their gold, and prices will drop way down.

So with that in mind, I give this idea a thumbs down. I think there are better ways that STS can some extra cash than the manipulate the jewel market.

Here's an idea, how about adding some sort of very rare arcane item to the drop tables of the rengol elite dungeons. Make it a pet egg, or maybe an arcane belt? something rare that can be had from a boss drop, and can be rerolled from a mythic drop. Then luck elixirs will become more popular again. There is no need to have a new type of elixir like this one.

Here is another idea..... Make it so that a damaged jewel (of any type) can be rerolled from a cracked jewel with a luck elixir (or lep amulet). Then people will run more often with a luck elixir, but at least we will not see tons and tons of jewels dropping.
    I used a similar method with my rogue. I bought the worst set of daggers I could find and respeced all strength in place of dex. That brought my damage down to about 250 and my health up to about 7k. I would then spec traps, razor, and nox, equip Nekro, and run elite Tindrin. My low damage and high survivability allowed me to solo big groups of mobs for ridiculous amounts of time.

I doubt I did as well as mages, but I still did very well. It required an obscene amount of pots, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'll admit that I actually felt bad buying these elixirs once I figured out this exploit. If I had spent all day yesterday doing this I could have turned my 1k plat I'm sitting on into tens of millions of gold. Instead, I only bought about 10 elixirs or so, and probably earned myself a couple million gold. Then I got bored and stopped. It felt like I was cheating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

actually... i've gotten cracked and damaged chaos with the first couple hits in elite rangol mine ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I got 27 chaos jewels with 2 elixers in grotto...not bad