Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: This Weekend in Arcane Legends | Jewel Elixirs Arrive for a Limited Time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    No it's called staying in business.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    Maybe ur an sts employee with all your defence, btw dont care at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    to stay in business does not mean that they should lie or not tell community about secret buffs. . eg planar tombs. . elite tindrin. . elite rengol
    Good point!! Right on the spot!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    to stay in business does not mean that they should lie or not tell community about secret buffs. . eg planar tombs. . elite tindrin. . elite rengol
    You have taken this discussion and twisted my words. My discussion focused solely on the jewel elixers it had nothing to do with secret nerfs and buffs. Those annoy me as much as anyone. Please don't twist my words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I can confirm, its indeed working. 1 lix= 10-25 cracked jewels, 3-5 damaged for me. Maps was elite tindirin and elite rengol. It is better than farming km3 for lockeds.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    elixers
    Wrong spelling is wrong lols

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Run in Elite Rengol with strong party -->one elix = one damaged Finess jewel. Of course my luck is always bad, people talk 4 to 6 crates in KM3 but I always get one for 30 mins.
    Last edited by BabVna; 11-07-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

sometimes we should be flexible and think of ways to maximise our farming efficiencies instead of just blaming the gears/class/lix, i believe those who blame the rate probably blindly farmed the whole map or farm a map that takes more time to mob kill ratio i.e. inefficient farming. It's like saying luck lix doesn't give much locks, i farmed elite tindrin and only get 0-1 lock per lix instead u can actually km3, hope that helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

well well well, as a daily f2p player who makes a living in this game mostly thru constant solo jewel farming in NORMAL misty grotto and cryogem mines I used to earn 1-3 stat jewels after 3-4 hrs of playing, after these jewel elixirs introduced, just today I've played almost same amount of time and have seen that jewels loot w/o elixir are dramatically reduced if not zeroed . I have done all those maps as usual as before, I have got no jewels at all, even, not a cracked diamond jewel, I have only looted "nobody's need" epic items.
    this is not a guess but just a real observation of their chance to drop being dramatically lowered,
    This was never ever happened to me before and I have played enough to double check and no, I feel content about it leaving no suspicion.
    I am not going to complain/whine as I know they've came to this conclusion for profit as they are a company , It's perfectly understandable for me and I look from bright side , AL was what I do when I'm procrastinating , now as I have almost zero motivation left to reach some better status in the game. thus, from now I will mostly play it in events , other times will play by occasion, not daily anymore (I will play not for getting better items armor etc, but just for simple joy) this means less procrastinating , more work. and more profit for me too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

A Mage in my guild got 20+, so I bought one to try it out. Two jewels :/

I tried again, 3.

Talked to a few people about their experiences, mages are the only happy ones, every rogue I talked to felt ripped off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

With this recent update it was stated that Kraken Mines level restriction has been removed. I do not see how anything has changed after the update. Was it planned but forgotten to implement?

Before the update low level toons had to party with a higher level friend to enter Kraken Mines map itself and the Kraken Mines 1,2,3. So even now it is still the same. On a lvl 10 character, when I try to enter the Kraken Mines map through Dragons Jewel it says I need the Gleipnir. So I party with a high level and go to Kraken Mines map but the the low level toon cannot even enter the Mines (Km 1, 2, 3) without party with a high level toon. The mobs get scaled to lvl 46 in there. What exactly has changed when it is said that level restriction has been removed for KM?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Pfffff...I was Waiting for a Little peek for winter,But noooo...Lets do jewel elixir ! -.-
    From the darkness I serve the light.
    Theredpvp-Lv.56 AL Warrior

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coco Cocos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good post. thank you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ty, we need more update of the game, keep it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    Wrong spelling is wrong lols
    Run out of things to say? This is an all-time low.

The elixirs do work, but it still based on luck. I've gotten as few as 3 jewels and as many as 23. I left aimed shot out of my skill spec (the horror!), since I don't want to kill mobs too fast. I think that rogues with the glintstone set have it much better because of the 100% retraction rate of traps, hence ensuring that all mobs bleed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Run out of things to say? This is an all-time low.

The elixirs do work, but it still based on luck. I've gotten as few as 3 jewels and as many as 23. I left aimed shot out of my skill spec (the horror!), since I don't want to kill mobs too fast. I think that rogues with the glintstone set have it much better because of the 100% retraction rate of traps, hence ensuring that all mobs bleed.
    Good for you period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had awesome results.... But I play a mage, Fb, ib,clock, dot crazy. I was getting 10 -15 cracked mind and finesse and a couple damaged of each. Also I used both elixers at once. I did this multiple times,in rengol maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

While my luck is low always, I want to thank STS for giving & maintaining this awesome game. All I want here is to forget daily life pressure and enjoy couple of hours. Of course things don't come free. Movie, sporting and other every thing is involved with money. Over 1 million players world wide playing, it is really impossible to meet each on expectations. Oh man it needs lot of patience, same time they have to maintain creativity and come innovative ideas. Both platinum player and non platinum players are important to game. All STS need is good feedback for good game experience. Let us do this in a positive way guys. We love you STS. Waiting for winter event details, pls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Previously it took 10 essences to make a gem. Even with poor luck, you would get a grand gem an average of 1/10 tries. So 100 essences for a grand gem. We now have to gather over 2000 jewels to make a single item of the same quality.

Not only do we need 20x the materials to make essentially the same thing, we are required to pay 32 plat / hour to achieve approximately the same drop rate as we got with essences? Sorry but this whole pay-to-play thing has just gone way over the top.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for the jewel elixers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    With very good* luck did someone get a grand gem in 10 tries.
    Avikk, I never post numbers without having research behind them. However in this case it doesn't matter if it was 1/50.

They still increased the amount of jewels we need to loot to attain the same quality item by an insane amount, severely lowered the drop rates from what essences were, and spread the variety out betwen 8 varieties instead of 3. Now we are supposed to cheer because they will graciously allow us to pay 32 plat / hour to get a drop rate similar to what we had for free originally?

This is a case of "let's make it so horrible for a few months that they will thank us when we let them pay to have what they had before". Were we not supposed to realize this is what is happening?

Edit:
    I would suggest making the drop rate of cracked jewels realistic normally (the same as they apparently were on the test server), and have the elixir give you a % chance to get higher tiered jewels, and/or a higher % of those jewels dropped be the variety you want. But making jewel farming only realistic to those willing to pay, even if the elixirs are tradeable, isn't right.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-09-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: