Thread: Hit% in the sewers sets and not only

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Unhappy Hit% in the sewers sets and not only

Hello folks,

I have 4 chars and have only my paladin at level 56 with its Dex crown mainly for for the Hit% Bonus.
    I understand that the devs wanted to make Oranges, Greens, Purple and Pinks combinations possible to make a balanced char, but I feel the lack of Hit% on my Bear and Mage disturbing. I'd like to suggest to add a Hit% bonus to Pinks sets for mages and bears (Mega Mage and Fury Fighter) just to reach 100%.
    If someone has invested a fair amount of time to collect all the pinks in the sewers, I think he/she deserves to hit his/her opponent (lol).
    Also to add more Hit% option to the ones that want to combine different gear, I'd like to suggest to add Hit% to the single pieces of the Sewer Queen and Royal Guard (Or whatever it is called) in order to give us the opportunity to use also that gear to combine with other ones (both pink and not).

Suggestion delivered.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 05-31-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Fury is already really good with its HS/Armor/MS/Dodge, if fury were given hit% it would make it overpowered. For mages as pure int you get like 98% hit or so, you can always spec 67 DEX to use the DEX rings and you will get 101 hit%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    Fury is already really good with its HS/Armor/MS/Dodge, if fury were given hit% it would make it overpowered. For mages as pure int you get like 98% hit or so, you can always spec 67 DEX to use the DEX rings and you will get 101 hit%
    fury could do with a bit more dps though 146 is a bit too low
    especially when the limbchopper gives 176 with fury armour helm and shield
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Isn't 85% hit chance the cap anyway? I remember reading a post by Physiologic about that. The conclusion was that anything above 85% didn't make any difference. I don't know if anything has changed since then though.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Jay, if what you say is correct i may withdraw my suggestion. But sounds weird that having 85% hit means your hits always land on your opponent. I need proof

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Isn't 85% hit chance the cap anyway? I remember reading a post by Physiologic about that. The conclusion was that anything above 85% didn't make any difference. I don't know if anything has changed since then though.
    Sort of. But bear in mind that his conclusion was actually something like "at 126% hit, hit rate is still capped at 85%." He did not test below 126% hit, or certainly not below 100% hit, so we don't know if the 85% cap is reached at 125% hit, or something less. We are just assuming the 85% cap is reached at 100% hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Higher hit rate definitely affects dodge ability. I am certain I pull better (beckon) with my 4 piece hate set than my 3 piece rift set. Hate has more hit% but 4 piece rift is better hit% than hate and works the best for my lvl 52 bear.
    Charmonda: He started dancing on me and so I started dancing on him. You now how we do: