Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I agree it is kinda pointless to open KM to everyone, if you are going to keep the map for 21+ (or whatever the level is).

On the other hand, I disagree with the notion that mobs there should scale to the level of the players. I don't think a huge crash of lock prices will be a good thing for the game as a whole.

p.s. Of course no-one farms useless jewels in crypts.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    The point is to make km3 easily accessible to people who are new to AL, doubt this was a move to let twinks into a tombs. Keeping mob difficulty to +21 makes sure low lvl mages which are OP in some tombs don't crash the market for locks. Then even an easily accessible dungeon won't be worth accessing by the new players(due to lock prices being low).

Twinks can farm kt4, most ppl can make the 3 boss pull in kt4 as fast as they can run km3...
    Except kraag tombs sucks for locks

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I agree it is kinda pointless to open KM to everyone, if you are going to keep the map for 21+ (or whatever the level is).

On the other hand, I disagree with the notion that mobs there should scale to the level of the players. I don't think a huge crash of lock prices will be a good thing for the game as a whole.

p.s. Of course no-one farms useless jewels in crypts.
    How many endgamers are there compared to twinks? How many twinks would actually farm locks anyways? Its not like they really need to farm gold for new gear. Ancient druid set, tarlok amulets, lurid bows, dws, season 1 rings are still used.

This would hardly cause a crash in the lock market. When jarl dropped locks nobody said "oh twinks are crashing the lock market"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Besides some of the twinks have endgame some of them dont have if sts opened it for all lvls the twinks who had endgame will posible switching to his twink for farming(he cant use it at the same time so how it will crash lock price) and some twinks create twinks because they tired of farming , they have alot of gold , lvl 46 rogues are OP (high lvl pvp is boring(no balance)) and some of them used it for events so do you think the "twinks" who will farm in km3 is not farming in endgame? So how it can crash the lock price i just want to know "How" besides they cant use their endgame and twink at the sametime hunting locks. For me lock price will crash soon even sts not opening km3 for low lvls. Better open it for all lvls and scaled them too of course. I know km3 would be finish faster for twinks.

:::::If the price of locks drop many ppl will open massives ::::

XD hope sts will scale the km3 to all lvl
    (Why?)
    We twinks may use km3 for events for farming but not all the time because we make twink for pvp not for farming(obviously where can we farm)
    Last edited by Order; 11-11-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Ppl will judge

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Order For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    How many endgamers are there compared to twinks? How many twinks would actually farm locks anyways? Its not like they really need to farm gold for new gear. Ancient druid set, tarlok amulets, lurid bows, dws, season 1 rings are still used.

This would hardly cause a crash in the lock market. When jarl dropped locks nobody said "oh twinks are crashing the lock market"
    Jarl was an easy 10 second run. Plus, it was doable by even new non-twink players. Moot point.

As for how many of these, how many of those - I can run some crypts faster on my relatively cheap twinks than on my pretty much maxed endgame rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Because at that time everyone was farming locks, not just twinks. And it was crashed, plus tombs are easier for twinks, each time STS decides to rectify the scaling down in tombs they botch up, all of their tombs have had exploits till yet..I would agree to planar tombs being open for 41!
    I think its price crashed because there was no benefits from openning crates, not just because everyone was farming it.
    And like Order said, twinks are more for pvp. If you are a twink and farm crates all day, you will most likely get kicked from the guild soon.
    And like me, those who have end game will either farm on twink or end game, not at the same time. This will not doulbe the amount of crates in market tbh.

So again, if map will not be scaled to avoid too many crates and jewels in market, why do you open it to all level? What's the point of it? To give easier access to everyone does not make sense at all.
    Aegis

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Because at that time everyone was farming locks, not just twinks. And it was crashed, plus tombs are easier for twinks, each time STS decides to rectify the scaling down in tombs they botch up, all of their tombs have had exploits till yet..I would agree to planar tombs being open for 41!
    so u say it wasnt crashed because of twinks, it was crashed because everybody was farming locks. But now if they make it scale to lower lvls, its going to crash again because of twinks.

really good reasoning u got there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Sts does something nice: results in complaints. Most of you couldn't solo Bloodhammer on your twinks to begin with. You don't even deserve the KM.

Why is it that KM not scaling below 21 is an issue, but it is not an issue that the Hauntlet doesn't scale down below 15?

It has already been answered in this thread: "we want a super easy to run map where we can farm Energy, Jewels, Crates, and Nexus."

I feel some people here would honestly like an app that is a slot machine where you always win...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

If we don't "deserve" the KM, then that brings back the OP's question, again. Also, questioning the purpose of a change made by STS is complaining?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Sts does something nice: results in complaints. Most of you couldn't solo Bloodhammer on your twinks to begin with. You don't even deserve the KM.

Why is it that KM not scaling below 21 is an issue, but it is not an issue that the Hauntlet doesn't scale down below 15?

It has already been answered in this thread: "we want a super easy to run map where we can farm Energy, Jewels, Crates, and Nexus."

I feel some people here would honestly like an app that is a slot machine where you always win...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    If we don't "deserve" the KM, then that brings back the OP's question, again. Also, questioning the purpose of a change made by STS is complaining?
    To let players have access to more maps? An addition of hard maps for twinks to test themselves against (creating new maps just for lvl 12s would be a ridiculous time waste, while unlocking higher maps is simple)? You can enter Windmoor Harbor at a very low lvl...doesn't mean it is easy. You're not meant to kill the Elusive Four with a twink, but many players grind it out.

Again...why is this an issue with KM and not the Hauntlet? Does everyone want KM to be relocked, along with Hauntlet becoming locked up, too?

Questioning indeed isn't complaining...but a lot of the responses in this thread are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

It's stated in Remi's weekly letter, KM is a "farming destination for all Arlorians", what is the point of having access to a map when you can't effectively run it? It's like, you've won this fabulous Ferrari, it's yours, but you can't drive it faster than 25 miles per hour....
    To let players have access to more maps? An addition of hard maps for twinks to test themselves against (creating new maps just for lvl 12s would be a ridiculous time waste, while unlocking higher maps is simple)? You can enter Windmoor Harbor at a very low lvl...doesn't mean it is easy. You're not meant to kill the Elusive Four with a twink, but many players grind it out.

Again...why is this an issue with KM and not the Hauntlet? Does everyone want KM to be relocked, along with Hauntlet becoming locked up, too?

Questioning indeed isn't complaining...but a lot of the responses in this thread are.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluebatthing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It's stated in Remi's weekly letter, KM is a "farming destination for all Arlorians", what is the point of having access to a map when you can't effectively run it? It's like, you've won this fabulous Ferrari, it's yours, but you can't drive it faster than 25 miles per hour....
    Hahahhaa....nice example

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

well considering a number of us have soloed bloodhammer, and we just cleared all of nordr last night using a full party of 17s, i have to disagree with the entirety of your post.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

You are not reading the line where I am stating tombs don't scale up after lvl 21, bosses and mobs start hitting harder and having more armour after level 21, that is why most tombed runs lbr times are set by twinks.

Ty for nott taking digs at my reasoning.

And then a mod will edit/delete my post saying how I take digs at nub twinks.

And yes excuses, but if you noticed in past locks were at 4k at one point, this is worth less than the average amount of gold one usually receives from these watch locks.true twinks can't farm locks in km3 but I think kmines shud be released to them if STS can figure out why their tombs are so afkably easy(at endgame gear you will be one hitting all mobs in wt4, I was getting the same results, if nott better results on my lvl 15 mage twink), on twink gear. Not to mention how much more OP twinks with para and nekros are now. This is probably why they have kept it 21+, they don't want to buff up the chances of lock loots for twinks because their gear will be worth a lot more, since farming locks on twink mages will be easier than endgame mages, and then this affects game economics and not to mention how much work STS will spend mediating the outraged endgame population.

Edit::not to mention how the new lock system is integrated in the system for a much larger population than the locked crate population.
    so you say that tombs dont scale past lvl 21, that means they are easy as hell for endgamers to complete. But kraken mines shouldnt scale to the lvl of a twink because it would be too easy for them. So once again ill take a "dig" at your flawed logic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I think your comment sums up this thread nicely. Brilliant example.

Not really sure why people are blowing this issue out of proportion though. The map in ydra with two bosses is where you can farm crates at low levels. Granted its not as effective as Jarl or KM it's still doable.

It pains me to say this (and as much as I'd love for this to happen) but if KM was scaled down i can see the lvl 15 lb timed runners wrecking the current times set. And i know that a bunch of furious max geared endgamers will complain about it on the forums .

However I'm also unsure of what sts was thinking when they decided that opening KM was a good idea since as far as i can tell it currently doesn't benefit anybody. Took me and a friend 5 minutes to do KM3 at lvl 15, not to mention we died many many times
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Here's my take on the issue....

Remi said "The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones", yes you can understand it as twinks can enter, but you can also interpret as "everyone wants to farm at km3 so we change it so that it's easier for new player to access."

Honestly, i think it's poorly worded for their intention, the should've say " You no longer have to complete the Blood Hammer quest line to access the nautical map “Explore” via the Dragon’s Jewel." (what they have this week) instead of that.
    Since from Carapace's response, their intention was just to make it more easily accessible to new comers.

As for people asking what's the use of this? i've seen people who are lv 46 but still don't have access to km3, nor do they know how to.

I think a better analogy is that a 6 y/o won a Ferrari, but cannot even drive it properly (cant reach the paddle)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    Here's my take on the issue....

Remi said "The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones", yes you can understand it as twinks can enter, but you can also interpret as "everyone wants to farm at km3 so we change it so that it's easier for new player to access."

Honestly, i think it's poorly worded for their intention, the should've say " You no longer have to complete the Blood Hammer quest line to access the nautical map “Explore” via the Dragon’s Jewel." (what they have this week) instead of that.
    Since from Carapace's response, their intention was just to make it more easily accessible to new comers.

As for people asking what's the use of this? i've seen people who are lv 46 but still don't have access to km3, nor do they know how to.

I think a better analogy is that a 6 y/o won a Ferrari, but cannot even drive it properly (cant reach the paddle)
    You just repeat same thing here.
    On first their intention, there was nothing about easy access. Cara said about it after we asked what's going on. First thread clearly says they want to open it to all level. It's about opening the map to all, not having easy access at first.

And if you say 6 years old won Ferrari, my question is same again.
    Why did you give a Ferrari to 6 years old? What's the point of it?
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Did twinks make their toon to farm in PVE or play PVP? I'm confused XD
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Omg arrowz and avikk. Stop fighting already -_-"

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Thread's gonna get locked after three pages in and no definite answer.

Gotta love forums sometimes.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This thread is kinda useful... Please don't get it locked >.<