Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Big Idea for a more Colourful Arcane Legends - Item Customisation

blaze5786

Thumbs up Big Idea for a more Colourful Arcane Legends - Item Customisation

I have been holding onto this thought for a looooong long time.

Arcane Legends is a constantly evolving game with new items of better stats and new looks being released every now and then.
    I've been wondering what is the 2% that's missing from the already available functions of this game
    Out of all, I believe legendary rarity items are utilized the most in this game - due to the overwhelming number of twinks and variety of nice stat gear for those who cannot afford or wear higher shelf items.
    As a player whos been through a lot of seasons, I know the great deal of items that are floating around with no use due to lack of stats (A heap of items released from s1 - s7).
    Many of these items (targetting weapons, armoury) have great designs and are gone to waste as there are better, like devourer bows and new eloia/galen/jord staves and all.

Finally, I thought of the idea of infusing the stats of the mainstream, top tier equipment to another item to change looks? Adding on, merely the cosmetic transformation would be empty. All legendary weapons and selected equipment have special procs, so as you combine the two items the final product will carry the stats of the higher stat gear, the gems of the previous high stat gear but the proc of the item you wish to keep and its looks?
    (This will only apply to legendary-legendary item combinations, cross-mixing or mixing the stats of a ghoulish to a rusty dagger will sound silly (maybe possible) as there is a reduction of gem slots and rusty dagger sadly doesn't have a proc or a special ability. Maybe the consequence of inter-rarity mixing would be the diminishing of gems?)
    Elaborating: 1) The mixing of a bow with a dagger would be illegal. Only items of the same class can mix. 2) The level of both items have to match to prevent many problems.

I think this would be a great update going into festive season and the new thrill of combining new procs and looks of the many deserted encyclopaedia of items of Arcane Legends with the mainstream forager/supreme/devourer bow etc. gear with the highest stats will lead to a more colourful and fun/experimental game and will be a nice add-on or upgrade to normal vanities.

Examples of these deserted items (I am a rogue and only know rogue items but I'm sure the same number of even more items are available for other classes): Flintlocks, frostbite blades, villainous blades, devils tail bows, polar bows, heartseekers, lifethiefs, steel commando blades, witch nails, dimensional daggers, incandescent daggers, eagle talon bows, fleshroasters, biter blades, buccaneer blades etc. (these are on the spot out of my head, many more items exist).
    Winter wonderland, stormrunner, deep sea, poseidon, shipmaster, red beard, beguiler, sealord, bloodhammer, iron envoy, founder gear, forerunner, shade knight, architect etc. the list is never ending.

Thank you and please make this happen, in my opinion this is essential to a game with flooding items with great design, bring back those forgotten items and procs from the past!
    Last edited by blaze5786; 11-10-2015 at 05:34 PM.

blaze5786

Bump for good luck

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

This is a great idea blaze5786, thanks for sharing. We've discussed this issue quite a bit actually. We have tons of items in the game that don't hold the same value they once did. How can we make these things meaningful again?

Let me see if I'm understanding your proposal correctly.

• Items can be used as crafting ingredients to create better (higher rarity tier) items.
    • These crafted items all get procs? Or do you mean that any procs on the ingredient items are inherited by the crafted item?
    • The visual of the crafted item would be the same as the item used to craft it?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to G-M For This Useful Post:

blaze5786

Correction time

1) Better in ways of looks as there are many flashy items lying around, even with nice procs which never come to use as the item itself has stats which are hell of a letdown. Ultimately this would be a nice experimental and cosmetic customization feature bringing upgrade not only visually but implanting old, forgotten procs. Some procs are amazing and definitely deserves to shed some light
    2) The items with the better stats will lose their proc and the item you wish to cover over will possess the proc (only applies for weapons I think).
    3) Final product: A polar bow with the proc of a polar bow and the stats + gems of a devourer bow.

I think there needs to be further discussion on whether one of the items will have to be removed.

Thank you G-M ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

A version of this idea is already implemented in quite a few of the big MMO's out there. You basically have to acquire an item (with premium currency) which you then use to fuse the looks of item A with the stats/lvl (and gem slots for AL) of item B if they're of the same type. And then there's another item that can break this fuse.

It's probably the most efficient addition STS can throw in to enhance the variety of vanities without increasing the game's size nor really creating/adding new vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I think the purpose would be to just get the look of the old items more like a vanity. If we could convert any item we wanted into vanites, that would be a big game changer moving foward!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

blaze5786

Yes, also there is a huge bonus of giving unique abilities/procs to already overused pvp items to give variation and further pvp strategy. This idea I think will be a huge boost to all aspects of game
    Last edited by blaze5786; 11-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blaze5786 For This Useful Post:

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Ah OK so it's just about changing any item into a vanity? That's also something we've discussed. I was confused with the talk about procs.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Allow us to convert our old items into wearable vanities. Simples!

blaze5786

Think I've compressed the idea of converting old items into vanities with the proc inheriting idea. Proc inheriting would be an additional feature as merely converting items to vanities would sound empty and nothing would be different in comparison with normal vanities.

mesalin

I like the idea at all. I not old player but old weapons such as steel commando daggers or polar bow look way better than this new daggers 46( forget name but i used it lol) and better than Terra bow IMO.
    Yeah if we can mix it
    Polar bow ( proc + look) + Terra bow ( stats) it will be really nice.
    I support the idea

<Forgiveness>

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mesalin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

The next new weapon (different proc or better stats) or armor, instead of directly dropping from chests/crates could use current legendary weapons as ingredients for crafting combined with a special ingredient that drops from chests/crates. This will impart some value to currently valueless legendary items floating in excess. However above mentioned items such as villainous blades and polar bows are extinct now and only possessed by collectors. So the legendary items that are to be used as ingredients should be currently available and not too old and obsolete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Id happily die for for lvl 15 gun with runic gun looks and proc !
    Last edited by Sky_is_epicgear; 11-11-2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added happily
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I'd like to have my lvl36 mythic armor and helm as a vanity (they look so awesome)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

blaze5786

I clearly mentioned the part about identical level combining, took a further step into idea of having any item as vanity as the system of stat and proc matching is important in my suggestion.

And also I did mention examples of "rares" but really they are just a small portion of all combined miscellaneous items which we no longer use or just abandon as we know stats are lacking - example are those volatile barrels and expedition bows with explosive effects, but have whack stats.

blaze5786

Making any item as vanity despite requirements of level and straying from stats/proc can be another topic to discuss. This is shout outs to the old mythic set which have great looks but hardly used in combat anymore..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I think the purpose would be to just get the look of the old items more like a vanity. If we could convert any item we wanted into vanites, that would be a big game changer moving foward!
    Oh how I have dreamt of this!! Not only do these older items find use, it saves sts from having to constantly make new designs for a while (allocating time for the to work on other stuff to make the game better)
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I support the idea. Looks cool if we have more tiered "slain" like weapons but going up till mythic and arcane rarity. And better if only the top tiered gear is trad-able and not the low ones so farming gets revived.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

+1.for making old gears to vanities. The part of inheriting the proc,tho.That'll be a major game changer and really needs a lot of thinking by our devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Theres a lot of useless weapons with good procs, so i think it s a great idea to use those procs with the stats of a better weapon.