Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please include players with 2 yrs of loyalty in the "Veterans"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The only difference with the veteran vanities is the color. Like madnex says its nothing really special. These are only given to veterans and true veterans have been here since the beginning, therefore they should get these vanities. True veterans started when Malison was the best, when there was no pvp, Elite Rooks Nest was the hardest thing ever, and was there for Dead City expansion. They started at the very beginning in the game and deserve something for their efforts. If it was given to 2013, then 2014 pplayers would want it and so on and it would no longer be a veteran vanity.
    Last edited by Arcanedragon; 11-13-2015 at 02:30 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arcanedragon For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I don't get the logic of this post sorry.
    I can only understand who's complaining for 1-2 months of difference but it makes no sense to give this "reward" to people playing from 2 years. Isn't AL 3rd birthday?
    Move on, c'mon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

These vanities have come in other games. Either you met the requirement or you did not. They, in no way, hinder your ability to play the game as they are just vanities.

It's so difficult to see the color of the various versions of these vanities anyways so anyone that can tell the difference has been checking out your character much too long, and I suggest asking them out on a date.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

this is why we can't have nice things

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

05/16/12 wooohh!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Exactly. How does giving it to everyone say "thank you" to those of us who started at the beginning?

If you started 2 years ago you aren't actually a veteran. You didn't play when there was no pvp, you didn't play when there were no locked crates, no mythics, no arcanes. When the difference between the best gear and the next-best gear was 0.2% crit and 0.4 damage. When Malison didn't drop for 2 months, and Bael was too hard for most players to fight.

You didn't play pvp when pets weren't allowed, when the Windmill glitch turned warriors into instant-death machines, when people were actually friendly and would spend days testing 1vs1 with a full ctf map of spectators. When there was no TDM, the leaderboard wasn't sewn up by people who haven't played for years, and twinking wasn't a thing. You haven't spent 3 years working with the devs on the forum to try and make the game better for those who came after.

There are multiple colours of these back vanities. It isn't like it's a totally exclusive thing. You can get it in another colour.
    A lot of the players complaining here were here for those things, seeing as they missed the deadline by the margin of a few days (myself included :<)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I feel, just almost slighted. This is the longest running app I've ever played, the only app I spent money on. I think I said it best in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    Countless runs, countless hours, completed plat offers, survived plat farmers, every event participated, even bought plat in a jam... Participation should count too!!!! I did my part and helped keep this game alive!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I'm going to tack something on to make it sound less, "gimme gimme,"

I love the originals that helped start this game and get it off the ground, I feel some of us long term users, that participate daily, legally, that help keep the doors open and lights on, should be graded on our help as well. Rather than a date, where some players may or not play anymore... Where is the true Arcane Legends lovers and grinders reward?

I feel like a step-parent that came in six months later, after the originals left for smokes and didn't come back, busted *** to help, and got zero in return.

To some it's a useless, untradeable gold shield, to me, it's an STS "thanks for your long-term support."
    Last edited by Zaizor; 11-13-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    A lot of the players complaining here were here for those things, seeing as they missed the deadline by the margin of a few days (myself included :<)
    Sure, but I was responding to the thread that is asking for 2 years to be considered "Veteran".

It wouldn't matter what date they make the cutoff - there will always be people who missed it by "just a few days". There is no winning in this situation for the developers. If they make it 6 months, the people at 7 months will have "just missed" it. They wanted to make something special for those who started at the beginning and are still playing. There really aren't that many, and a bit of appreciation shown for being one of those people is a nice gesture.

For those who weren't here for season 1 and the start of season 2, they made a bunch of other colours in which you can get the same vanity.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Sure, but I was responding to the thread that is asking for 2 years to be considered "Veteran".

It wouldn't matter what date they make the cutoff - there will always be people who missed it by "just a few days". There is no winning in this situation for the developers. If they make it 6 months, the people at 7 months will have "just missed" it. They wanted to make something special for those who started at the beginning and are still playing. There really aren't that many, and a bit of appreciation shown for being one of those people is a nice gesture.

For those who weren't here for season 1 and the start of season 2, they made a bunch of other colours in which you can get the same vanity.
    Couldn't have said the 2nd paragraph better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

The real question is why people are pissed about this when the silver shield is like 25 times cooler anyway IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Honestly, i needed to check twice what the differences are. I thought at first its the same as the bronze version just don't need to spend tokens on it. It's nice tho, but a gold winterfest vanity would be more epic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I got it on my original account, but not on my main. Not going to lose any sleep over it because come on, how many of you guys would actually use that shield over wings?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I got it on my original account, but not on my main. Not going to lose any sleep over it because come on, how many of you guys would actually use that shield over wings?
    Isn't little love and Lvl 16 cap banner prettier than this shield anyway? :P

Back to topic, It should stay to those who played before 1/1/2013. Not just because I'm from Nov 2012, but since it's one of the few veteran vanities out there (Little Love & Level 16 cap banner are the other two) - And they are just that... Vanities! Nothing game changer, and the token shields are prettier, actually.
    Last edited by Sariita; 11-13-2015 at 07:59 PM.
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

a veteran is a veteran is a veteran!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    1 year is already a feat in itself, 2 years is unquestionable loyalty and 3 undying love.

My appeal is to include players with 2 years of account creation and had logged in within 90 days to those that will receive the "gold shield".
    pls turn all mythic drops from crates into arcanes instead

pls give warmonger title to anybody with 7500 pvp kills

pls give paragon to people with 7500 aps

pls make grand cakes give 150 tokens instead of 100

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    pls turn all mythic drops from crates into arcanes instead

pls give warmonger title to anybody with 7500 pvp kills

pls give paragon to people with 7500 aps

pls make grand cakes give 150 tokens instead of 100
    o come on you didnt go for the best one, make sns free.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Exactly. How does giving it to everyone say "thank you" to those of us who started at the beginning?

If you started 2 years ago you aren't actually a veteran. You didn't play when there was no pvp, you didn't play when there were no locked crates, no mythics, no arcanes. When the difference between the best gear and the next-best gear was 0.2% crit and 0.4 damage. When Malison didn't drop for 2 months, and Bael was too hard for most players to fight.

You didn't play pvp when pets weren't allowed, when the Windmill glitch turned warriors into instant-death machines, when people were actually friendly and would spend days testing 1vs1 with a full ctf map of spectators. When there was no TDM, the leaderboard wasn't sewn up by people who haven't played for years, and twinking wasn't a thing. You haven't spent 3 years working with the devs on the forum to try and make the game better for those who came after.

There are multiple colours of these back vanities. It isn't like it's a totally exclusive thing. You can get it in another colour.
    Thank you for those "holy" words Ser!! People simply don't want to understand

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedgon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I just want to say thank you STS. I was so happy once I found out my account was made in 2012. Happy to receive the special back piece. To those who didn't receive it don't loose any sleep over it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

My biggest problem with this is that AL and PL accounts are practically the same. So someone who's played PL since 2010 and just began playing AL a week ago automatically gets a "AL veteran" status symbol. Yet there are people who've supported this game for years and they get absolutely nothing. That's a kick in the teeth.

But whatever. What's done is done. I'm never playing another Legends game again.
    Last edited by Zylx; 11-14-2015 at 12:07 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord