Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS gonna fix medium cakes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    What makes you think this is an exploit?

Are STS a bunch of nincompoops who added chests which drop exactly 15k for 3 ppl? Or grand cakes which are meant for 5 people but have the best profit? Or large cakes which have an exorbitant chance of jewels?

There is no negative for this, if you look at it the right way, all your items are increasing in price, soon new mythics and Arcane pets will be a lot more, massives will sell for a lot more. So will rengol locks, so will spider locks so will any future locks. Since we the happy budday farmers have a lot of gold, new resource tier items like fangs, jewels, locks, candy bars or such will sell for a lot more. It's not a select group of people who are profiting. It's STS and the game, since this is making the economy rich, more gold to circulate, gold which is spread out evenly and not in the 5-10% crème de la crème of the economy(all the rogues rich from arena farming, all the people hoarding vanities and eyes and paras).

This is nott an "uneeded" advantage, and you someone who has three(or so, sorry lost count)threads in sunsets and happy trails coupled with a SIG which implies(implies being the key word) of you nott being active has every right to say so, nott.

This is an event which will see all the current items sky rocket in price and new items having a juicy gold price on them.

Edit: I think I should add this bit in, I haven't opened more than a 100 cakes since Sunday due to internet being broken.

It causes higher prices for everyone, while everyone is not able to benefit from the event. That is Zylx's post, and he's entirely correct. The inflation is fine IF everybody is able to participate.

However, Zylx, I must add that I've been doing it all weekend with trusted friends. If you have one device, that option IS available.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

For those that think this won't affect them, if you don't play more than the average user during this event farming hard, your money is depreciating at an incredible rate.

Please imagine gasoline costing $2.00 before the weekend at a station, then going to the station to fill up your automobile in 3 days and it costing $6.00. As for me, I feel like I'm only treading water even though I've played way too much over the weekend.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Being 4 people in a party everyone opening 10 medium cakes= 150k
    Opening 10 cakes yourself with 3 alts around you: 150k
    It is not even dependant on having several accounts or chrome if you do it the easy way.

The party don't even have to be trusted that much if you take turns and open at a small scale, like 10 crates at a time, since you can clearly see in your gold amount when they have done enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Being 4 people in a party everyone opening 10 medium cakes= 150k
    Opening 10 cakes yourself with 3 alts around you: 150k
    It is not even dependant on having several accounts or chrome if you do it the easy way.

The party don't even have to be trusted that much if you take turns and open at a small scale, like 10 crates at a time, since you can clearly see in your gold amount when they have done enough.
    We've been farming and opening the cakes as intended in our guild and this event is really nice. It's true items that used to cost 1m are now 2-3, but the players who didn't even have 1m before now have 5-10m. Buying power has gone to the lower side of the economy which I think is good! I don't get why people are that upset! At the end of the day, this new found gold will go to the plat spenders who are the source of new items in the game. The only people affected are those who don't participate at all. It's no different from any other event that gold was possible to make.

I bought medium cakes off some players that were trying to get off their feet. I make the gold back with guildies and then some. Ultimately the gold was intended from STS, the distribution seems to be more of the issue here. Making the cakes untradable may solve current issues without undermining STS's intent.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    We've been farming and opening the cakes as intended in our guild and this event is really nice. It's true items that used to cost 1m are now 2-3, but the players who didn't even have 1m before now have 5-10m. Buying power has gone to the lower side of the economy which I think is good! I don't get why people are that upset! At the end of the day, this new found gold will go to the plat spenders who are the source of new items in the game. The only people affected are those who don't participate at all. It's no different from any other event that gold was possible to make.

I bought medium cakes off some players that were trying to get off their feet. I make the gold back with guildies and then some. Ultimately the gold was intended from STS, the distribution seems to be more of the issue here. Making the cakes untradable may solve current issues without undermining STS's intent.
    If everyone is a millionaire, nobody is rich. Yes those who invested 10+ hours in the game in the last 4 days are better off than before. Those who didnt are much worse off. The new players who will start playing in the next days, weeks and months are also much worse off, than they would have been last week. Thus diminishing the chance to keep them. This is how I see it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The world is full of whinners

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Poping up cakes with 4 members pt by each player opening 10 cakes to earn 150K doesnt seem to have any sort of difference while a player sells it individually for 15K each & earning 150K by selling 10 cakes only profit he receives is that he can avoid the fees of listing those cakes to sell. But the player will surely be in 99.99% risk if he is intending to open those cakes with unknown or untrusted persons expecting his part of share in gold that he has to receive.
    I truely admit that this is an profitable event for poor players to earn some gold with less effort. I myself made around 1.5M just by selling medium cakes.
    Last edited by Ceuidear; 11-16-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    ....... Making the cakes untradable may solve current issues without undermining STS's intent.

I'm partial to this idea, it forces players to actually play the event. However, when you really think about it, if people aren't buying medium cakes from the CS, gold isn't circulating, it's only being injected into the economy by the ones who farm.

Make it untradable AND lower the drop rate of cake slices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofdevilz View Post
    The world is full of whinners
    The world is full of people trying to help those with less, while those with less insist the people trying to help them are actually hurting them and 'whining'
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    The world is full of people trying to help those with less, while those with less insist the people trying to help them are actually hurting them and 'whining'
    This hit the nail on the head...lol. Whatever money these players think they're making is nothing when compared to the amount the most experienced at this are making. And, at the end of the day, whatever money people have made most likely won't be enough to combat the new increased inflation. Only those who made upwards of 30m+ will be reaping those benefits.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What ever is it, at least now some players can buy vanity from Sir Spendalot that in "normal condition" near imposible, not only you rich players want open achievement you know. Make mayor game community "happy" is Dev supposed to be, not only for few people. So what ever market crash or economy fall, as long as players happy and keep playing, keep paying, all is well. Have fun and enjoy the game, may the auction house be with you .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Not just chrome users and players with 4 devices are benefiting. Anyone who can take their time to farm/merch can benefit greatly from this event. Please don't change this. These cakes are a money-making opportunity for the poor, every cake tier has a chance to make money if you do it right(large,medium,small,grand), its just that mediums have the best profit. The event ends in 3 days anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

The problem with inflation is that it doesn't make people rich, it moves the bar for what rich is so folks become poor if they don't participate and their gold is worth less.

I am not a plat farmer and I can't play enough in an honest way to keep up. I'm trying but I am losing ground quickly. I am one of those players that can play more during the week then the weekend so I am in catchup mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Finally

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

So will the price of vials nd locls increase after event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

More players farming GOLD=drop in prices.add some Vanities that only are around only for a while people start to freak out on the demand for these items.once this event is done and the chance for these items is gone,our stock will be in Vanities(stg wants this and so do we.).grands should go for 30k.in the end,alot of gold will be "gone" (not really it is just invested.)the way a game works.think,no events or anything(like our pets)to take away our excess gold and this game would be broken.enjoy what you get from this event(gold,friends, Vanities ect) and watch everything go back to "normal" in 10days as we await our next event to keep the servers up and the gold off the street.it's a good thing all around.Promise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Lol more gold= HIGHER prices not lower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Woohoo! Fixed! What's done is done, and hopefully the honest players will have a chance to catch up soon.

Thread closed.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Here is a list of points why what you want isn't feasible:

1) it has been announced till Thursday(this event), changing the date will make the people who have taken the time to make time in their schedule for this event angry(with an underline, people say using bold and underline makes u seem rage-y).
    2) changing the rates would be considered nerfing, nerfing never goes well.
    3) this was meant by STS, do you nott see how they added 5k for 3 players a piece? To make the economy richer, not just the players.

Here is what according to me, are the positive points of this event:
    >addition of jewels into the system without the values of jewel depreciatimg thereby rewarding all the players invested in jewels(speaking as someone who started jeweling gear 1-2 months ago)
    >more people logging in to get "gold rich".
    >more gold flowing into the economy, will mean locks and all those f2p obtainable items players are farming will be worth a lot more
    >gold circulates,if AL is taking an f2p direction it will be only right the gold is plated out evenly. Or somewhat evenly knowing fully well people have 50-300m banks and will leave no leaf unturned when it comes to throwing around statements about their gold or how their gold came into their pocket. 50-300m on some people and 1-10m on 500 times the amount of people with 50-300m.
    > winter is coming.
    I guess it was feasible.

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #120
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Let's avoid the name calling and insults. If you haven't seen it already, Remiem posted about the medium cakes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...o-Medium-Cakes

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hi everyone! As you know, today we published an update to decrease the payout of the Medium Birthday Cakes. Our intention for these cakes was for players to share with friends and spread the joy and spirit of giving to celebrate this big milestone in the history of Arcane Legends. Unfortunately, we saw this exploited by a few players. For this reason we made the decision to reduce the payout of the Medium Cakes and to allow the event to continue because we know most players are having fun partaking in the spirit of the celebration just as we hoped.

It's important to know that we came to the decision to change the gold drop amount based on internal data we have, not based any forum posts or private messages. Please remember to keep the forums a clean, constructive, and friendly place. It's a birthday party, after all!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post: