Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Damage on weapons not correct when equiped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Damage on weapons not correct when equiped

I have a lvl 30 full dex archer. I was comparing some weapons and noticed that the damage totals were not matching up when I equipped the weapons. So I unequipped all gear and made sure I had no buffs and checked again, still not matching. The lower end of the damage scale was matching but the top end was off 6 points each time (once 7 but not surprising given the -/+0 you see sometimes in comparisons against equipped gear). This was tested on a variety of one and two handed weapons from rare to legendary level 17-30. I wrote down base damage and weapon damages and compared against equipped number. Same result each time. I then logged on my dex leaning bear and the first weapon tested was 6 points off on the top end damage number. So here I am.

Not sure if this is just a problem with number displayed or if this is affecting the number crunching while in action. Hoping someone might take a look at it and/or someone else can verify this.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Damage values are fractional, and are not displayed to full precision, and damage a weapon does is affected by your stats, so your gear affects it as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I apologize for not being clear about weapons being 6 points "off". I should have said 6 points lower. And I did not test actual damage in the field, as trying to pinpoint that 6-7 points of damage with all the variables involved would be near impossible for a player. These observations were based on what I am seeing in my stat window. I should have been clear about that as well.

I totally understand that stats via base stats and gear granted stats affect weapon damage. In all cases though damage should be higher not lower though with stat increases from the weapon on top of listed damage. Which is why I stripped off all other gear to eliminate some of that but was still seeing the same difference.

I also understand most of the values displayed by gear and in your stat window are fractional as I stated in parenthesis about gear comparisons with equipped gear showing +0 or -0 implying a difference less than a full point. All of that aside 6 whole points is still a considerably higher difference than a fractional variation.

In addition I checked on my enchantress and it is the same thing on her as well.

Again my apologies for not being clearer in the original post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This has been discussed before in the forums somewhere (I will dig up the links later) and the general consensus is that your fists are weapons worth 6 points of damage. Though it is possible it might be a long existing bug, like the now fixed potion bug.