Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Hotfix | November 16, 2015

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    We understand that there is some frustration with today's update. However, we do ask that you keep the discussion civil and constructive at all times. If you haven't seen so already, Remiem made a post explaining this change:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...o-Medium-Cakes
    So punish"a few players" instead of punishing the entire community. There were way more players saving up their mediums for a huge opening at the end than there were players that didnt share.

those few players are sitting on a ton of gold while those saving up for the big openning at the end got screwed.

You say you can monitor what is going on, then why not place a character on hold because they are pocketing several million a day versus the majority pocketing several hundred a day.

More of an effort by STS to put a hold on "a few players" would have been a lot better than the easy way out that you took.

Drop a 0 from the program, must have taken like 3600 seconds of your time. so impressive.
    Last edited by Sfubi; 11-16-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

.....well this is awkward... >.<

Ok look, this is my constructive feedback.

Yes, this event is one of their best and it still is completely free.. Give credit where it's due.

No, it isn't fair that they changed it mid event especially because we were using the cakes as intended.. To be opened in a pt of 4.

HOWEVER, it's their prerogative! Plain and simple... It's their game and they can do whatever they want and I know people don't wanna hear that but there's really no argument... People can be mad, happy, sad, disappointed, relieved etc. and the end result is still the same- STS decisions are non-negotiable. Rage quit or don't rage quit.. Still the same update. They're in an awkward position too.. They know this is unprofessional yet I'm sure they'd rather have some upset customers now then go out of business or have bigger issues or worse complaints down the line. Don't waste your time petitioning or complaining cuz at the end of the day, STS has to do what's best for them. For example, from a business perspective, if everyone got super rich then no one would buy plat and that's part of their paycheck. Whether they made this update for financial reasons, inflation reasons, or personal reasons it's still all irrelevant because again, STS will make their own decisions. For those who think they can get others to quit and hurt the business.. Let's be real, we're all replaceable. If u don't play, someone else will. And even more so.. Good luck finding a game as fun as STS games -.-

I am not denying that this is super annoying lol cuz I really liked the way the event was going.. But it doesn't really matter what we think... They have chosen and SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE. And we the people... Must respect their decisions. End of story.

Additional rant:

What's with everyone hating "rich" players.... Whoa... Envy much?? No? Then why else belittle the players who are able to play comfortably.... Think about it. People who have 1 million pve kills are bound to get rich from common drops alone! People with 30k pve kills might be spending hundreds or thousands of real money on plat. BOTH equally contribute to the game! Why are u so mad?? With the exception of the few rich scammers who if STS knows about, they will ban. We all know STS isn't shy on banning. Imo, this is a form of bullying. In conclusion... Come on guys the game is sooooo much more fun when everyone's friendly and getting along. Keep it simple.

With that said, let's be grateful for what we have and recognize that things could be much worse.... Like the tragedy in Paris RIP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marilyn For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

It is like being invited to a birthday party and halfway through eating your cake a big mean health obsessive mom walks in and yells NO CAKE FOR YOU and smile while you eat these raw vegetables.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeisg View Post
    If it got higher, and they really want it, then they must be patient to wait to release it again. Or, must work hard to get what they want. And as I said, JUST A WEEK. After all, this is their Anniversary. This should be fun, not.. Err.
    PS: No hate, just peace and love.
    Yes just a week, average ppl in a week got 7-14m.
    "Smart" ppl in a week got 70-500m.
    So the only way to get gold is from this event ? Before this event everything already cheap and stable..IF they really want something they should be able to buy it by farming (elite/km3 for locks etc) coz the best item in game wasnt worth more than 5million gold, IF this happen longer the previous "5million" worth item becomes 20 million gold, what would u say ? Wait it until it gets cheaper ? Wait till next expasion ? Wait till it becomes outdated? Farming more hard ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    Anyone complaining about this patch is completely missing the point. The intended objective of this event is to collect birthday tokens so you can buy special vanities to celebrate 3 years of Arcane Legends. The gold and jewels dropped from cakes are just a bonus.

Why does an event have to be profitable to be "good"? Not everything in game needs to be about you getting rich.
    i think you are the one who did not get the complains , they should have think about this flood of gold before releasing event the complains of this is items in cs skyrocket cause of event and now changed . .i guess you are one of players who depend on plat purchase obvious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson Lee View Post
    . .i guess you are one of players who depend on plat purchase obvious
    There's nothing wrong with buying plat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Speaking of negativity...I've been literally harassed out of my mind by nearly everyone who was doing this and didn't understand why the fix had to happen.

It doesn't bother me all that much, but it does become quite cumbersome to ignore list each and every player that PMs this hate mail. I can only imagine the harassment Zylx would go through if he logged in.

This is despite what developers have posted that they already knew to fix this issue.
    I could only imagine lol. For the future, i would suggest other people report these kind of things in a private message to a dev so they wouldn't have dealt with the harassment. I know people in-game who are very impressionable on threats and would actually take this harrassment seriously. I believe that I am to blame for much of the fire currently on the forums, and i accept it.

I sincerely apologize to the devs and mods who've had to go through all this hate and ill-natured comments surrounding this. Even though I'm retired, I'm sad to see so much hate over what should've been a cool, fun, celebratory event
    Last edited by Zylx; 11-16-2015 at 11:09 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Fix Large cakes

What was done with mediums can be done with large ones. People buy large ones at 10k only and then open on 4 alts to get weak jewels each of which sell for more. Fix large cakes too.

I do not see why sts did not foresee these exploits before releasing the event. Currently we are in a situation where a few people hoarded close to 50 million but most did not. That resulted in all prices shooting up above average. Your gold sinks have been wasted. The gap you were closing has once more been created. It does not matter that the average player made 1m or 10m in the last few days. The smart players with atleast 100m in stash are 10 steps ahead of the average player still because they doubled and tripled their gold by spamming medium cakes straight off the auction all day. The same is being done with large cakes now. Jewels are being hoarded and they will be monopilized and sold at cut-throat prices soon.

What is going to be done about this? Just fixing the exploit is not an answer. What steps will be taken to balance gold among everyone again?
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 11-16-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    .....well this is awkward... >.<

Ok look, this is my constructive feedback.

Yes, this event is one of their best and it still is completely free.. Give credit where it's due.

No, it isn't fair that they changed it mid event especially because we were using the cakes as intended.. To be opened in a pt of 4.

HOWEVER, it's their prerogative! Plain and simple... It's their game and they can do whatever they want and I know people don't wanna hear that but there's really no argument... People can be mad, happy, sad, disappointed, relieved etc. and the end result is still the same- STS decisions are non-negotiable. Rage quit or don't rage quit.. Still the same update. They're in an awkward position too.. They know this is unprofessional yet I'm sure they'd rather have some upset customers now then go out of business or have bigger issues or worse complaints down the line. Don't waste your time petitioning or complaining cuz at the end of the day, STS has to do what's best for them. For example, from a business perspective, if everyone got super rich then no one would buy plat and that's part of their paycheck. Whether they made this update for financial reasons, inflation reasons, or personal reasons it's still all irrelevant because again, STS will make their own decisions. For those who think they can get others to quit and hurt the business.. Let's be real, we're all replaceable. If u don't play, someone else will. And even more so.. Good luck finding a game as fun as STS games -.-

I am not denying that this is super annoying lol cuz I really liked the way the event was going.. But it doesn't really matter what we think... They have chosen and SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE. And we the people... Must respect their decisions. End of story.

Additional rant:

What's with everyone hating "rich" players.... Whoa... Envy much?? No? Then why else belittle the players who are able to play comfortably.... Think about it. People who have 1 million pve kills are bound to get rich from common drops alone! People with 30k pve kills might be spending hundreds or thousands of real money on plat. BOTH equally contribute to the game! Why are u so mad?? With the exception of the few rich scammers who if STS knows about, they will ban. We all know STS isn't shy on banning. Imo, this is a form of bullying. In conclusion... Come on guys the game is sooooo much more fun when everyone's friendly and getting along. Keep it simple.

With that said, let's be grateful for what we have and recognize that things could be much worse.... Like the tragedy in Paris RIP
    I do partly agree with you that this is their game and they know what's best for their business but I'd like to add that this event was meant to be a week long event so in the middle of event this 'fix' doesn't make sense to me. If they wanted everyone to share cakes and not disturbing the 'economy' by hoarding, then they could have made the cakes untradeable/unstashable since the start of this event. Why didn't they do it in the first place?

And some people be complaining that should STS ban people who take advantage of this? But why is taking advantage to gain money is against the terms and conditions? People aren't spamming or scamming, they are simply making profit by legit means. Why ban them?
    AL - Kanyakumari (Rogue), Tantrika (Sorcerer), Vajrabahu (Warrior) DL - Pishacha PL - Vayavya (Archer) SL - Nakshatra (Commando)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

There is nothing wrong with buying plat. I work a professional job and have responsibilities at home. This does not leave very many hours in any week to farm everything. If i didnt buy a little platwhen they have a sale I would still be in noob gear.

And while we are at it there is nothing wrong with season 1 players having the best. It took us 3 years to get where we are, give us at least a little props for our hard work.

Furthermore, I have many friends with many millions of gold. They worked hard for it, they deserve props too. I am envious of their bank roll, no doubt, but I am sick of seeing people complain about rich people. Admit to being jealous, as I just did, and get on with yourself

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    What was done with mediums can be done with large ones. People buy large ones at 10k only and then open on 4 alts to get weak jewels each of which sell for more. Fix large cakes too.
    Large isn't an issue because it does not introduce new gold into the economy. The medium did. All large does is transfer gold and eventually crash the jewel market

Personally, I am fine with people earning gold this way because it won't cause massive inflation.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if everyone become rich , player no need buy plat and this bad for sts , just simple

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheentaro View Post
    Oh.. Thanks Exploiters for ruining our gold source
    Fixed it for you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Large isn't an issue because it does not introduce new gold into the economy. The medium did. All large does is transfer gold and eventually crash the jewel market

Personally, I am fine with people earning gold this way because it won't cause massive inflation.
    Lets guess you are not done opening your large cakes yet. Yes large cakes are an issue too. Because 4 alts of each person opening large cakes entire day results in massive jewel hoarding by a few people who can, and then manipulating the jewel market for the rest who cannot. Most players do not play on multiple devices to do this. They are scapegoats of those who can?
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 11-16-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Had to stop the influx of too much currency before the entire system crashed. Too little too late unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I guarantee STS is regretting giving us this event right about now 0.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

How about removing nature and water jewels from grand cakes? So higher level cakes have better types of jewels and better level of jewels. It's still random, I believe? So it's not a guarantee.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    Lets guess you are not done opening your large cakes yet. Yes large cakes are an issue too. Because 4 alts of each person opening large cakes entire day results in massive jewel hoarding by a few people who can, and then manipulating the jewel market for the rest who cannot. Most players do not play on multiple devices to do this. They are scapegoats of those who can?
    I haven't opened any large cakes since the update, thank you for the assumptions though. I have not for the same reasons in my post...it's a very finite bubble which will burst if too many people do it. I do not want to be burned by them.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

welll , im da one who play fair just crafting not buying cake now wat happen??????in this 3 days i play hard like hell just sleep 4 hours for saving my cakes hope at da last day of event can share with friends now wat happen?? me not open one cake yet then sts make this update in da middle of event , da price of all cakes become low , and da items drop from cakes is more useless now , oh my god pls dont like this sts this is very unfair for some player who already hard work by crafting da cakes no eat no sleep , this is very unprofessional decission.
    for them already rich maybe will say good update , but as you know there are many poor people than rich people in this game !!!!!!!crying cuz this update is really ridiculous.
    500 gold you can effort it easily by killing mobs or farming lock. do you know why so dramatic so many complains of your game , cuz you always make us happy at da beginning but always make us stop being happy at da middle or end with your no negotiable update, you already make a big fault big mistake in this game through this birthday event ,dont celebrate it pls !!!!!!! can you ?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thx u sts :/