Thread: Level one twinking, lost forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Level one twinking, lost forever!

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that level one twinking has now been killed. do you want to know why...

The new recent update demands that you have to be level 4 to access the forest haven, which was the only stash level one twinks could use. I can't tell you for defiantly I have to quit level one twinking, because I left all my level one twinks items on a main. Now I cannot get these items back...

STS please look in to this and don't let level one twinking die!

Thanks ~pandapower~

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

They did this in order to "make the leaderboards mean something," so I don't think there is any going back. Kind of sad imo since that was keeping me occupied until end game content was added, but oh well. I think the worst part is the plat that was spent on level 1 gear, why even offer it at all? RIP pve twinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No point in kill farmers anymore, as characters with xp turned off no longer gain kill stats. We want the leaderboards to mean something beyond who can farm the most with xp turned off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kill farming was a fun aspect of the game.....you really think this is gonna make pointless leaderboards, whose members have already done the damage to elevate their numbers, somehow meaningful again? is that a joke sam?

you have removed a significant niche from this game....simply because you want the leaderboards to be "meaningful"? this effectively means that only end-gamers can make a run for the top.

way to ruin the game.....youre never gonna see another dolar from me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superrolltop View Post
    youre never gonna see another dolar from me.
    Great! See you later, we don't need your kind.

The leader boards are absolutely worthless with the ability to take a lvl 1 and spam kill it until the end of time. And no lower level xp locked chars should ever belong on any of the leader boards, since they are not getting kill counts in any legitimate form.
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PandaPower:393503
    Hey guys,

Just to let you know that level one twinking has now been killed. do you want to know why...

The new recent update demands that you have to be level 4 to access the forest haven, which was the only stash level one twinks could use. I can't tell you for defiantly I have to quit level one twinking, because I left all my level one twinks items on a main. Now I cannot get these items back...

STS please look in to this and don't let level one twinking die!

Thanks ~pandapower~
    Sounds like its been killed for you since you thought it was smart to give your main all the items your twink uses. Thats like giving a mm wand to a lv 1 twink whats the point in that lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    Great! See you later, we don't need your kind.

The leader boards are absolutely worthless with the ability to take a lvl 1 and spam kill it until the end of time. And no lower level xp locked chars should ever belong on any of the leader boards, since they are not getting kill counts in any legitimate form.
    There's not a single level 1 character on any of the leaderboards. I'm not certain but I'd guess that the issue lies with people locking exp around level 40-50 and farming easy maps on Ao2 and Ao3 where there's a ton of enemies grouped up and really easy to kill, like Plasma Pyramid

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    I'm not sure how you figure that "spam killing" with a level 1 is illegitimate, killing doodz is killing doodz, I can kill just as fast and efficiently with a level 56 in the sewers as I can with a level 1 in the forest. Perhaps you're forgetting the fact that level locked toons already rule a large portion of the LB so this change just solidifies their place in history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Leader boards will never mean anything IMO. Most kills? You're on the board for pveing a lot. More pvp kills? You're on the board for pvping a lot. Doesn't indicate who's the best PvEr or PvPer, if that's what they're aiming for. Besides, you can still boost to get on the PvP KD, and PvE/PvP deaths board with little or no effort. Also, what happens to the twinks already on PvE board? I know I've said this before but it's practically frozen with them up there since no one can break 1xx K kills 0/1 deaths on an alt without locking XP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I don't level one twink, but i agree with gluttony on all points.

Just keep it to one thread plz. If it's not one thing its another, just always something dramatic happening all the time that makes tons of repeat threads on the current dramatic subject of the week. Starting to really want to avoid the forums these days. People dont search or read op's EVER.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's was on in the stash not on a main... Sorry my bad. I just made a new lvl one twink cos I wanted to be a mage, not a bird. So I never got my armor to my new char. I don't care about the "xp gain stop" no keying me get stats its just the fact I can't pvp at all on my level.one twink. All I want is lvl one stash back
    Thapanda- Level 21, Farmer Dexbear
    Jivon - Level 15, Anti Bear Mage
    Imtekkers - Level 17, Dexbear twink
    Rplz - Level 10, Helper/Twink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I think the lvl required stash should stay the same as a thing that you unlock access to. In SL it is lvl 5.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    I don't level one twink, but i agree with gluttony on all points.

Just keep it to one thread plz. If it's not one thing its another, just always something dramatic happening all the time that makes tons of repeat threads on the current dramatic subject of the week. Starting to really want to avoid the forums these days. People dont search or read op's EVER.
    Thanks for the cosign, and sorry about creating another thread about this issue thought I believe they have something a bit different to offer. This is more the OP's feedback and I believe mine is more a suggestion threat. Intergration of the two may have been nice, but if I had just posted a huge thread about my suggestion in here it would be a bit of a hijack imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I think the lvl required stash should stay the same as a thing that you unlock access to. In SL it is lvl 5.
    Sorry to say but this is a PL issue, the games are seperate and should remain that way. Try thinking about it like this: why was the stash added to the FH zone which is created for level 1-10 toons if only level 5 and above can actually use it?
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-26-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I wouldn't mind level 1 access to FH stash back. I actually thought low level farming was cool and geared-up level 1s was neat, including buying premium stuff for it. But now that I cannot move vanities and plat items back and forth, I'm not sure what to do with levels 1-3's.

Anyways, just thinking that it was a fun aspect of the game and didn't seem to be skewing the game in any other ways. At least from my perspective.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think dev should make a machine that make you pay if you want to lock your exp and that you need to redo it every 24 hours...
    Cost 100,000 for level 1
    Cost lowers as you level up
    I'm just suggesting random stuff that i think might work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

So, I'm going to do an upgrade, to see what I can do with my level one twink. Here he is, as currently stands. I didn't make him for k/d. His story is that he is a crafter, a smith. He farms for level 1 items when he doesn't have any recipes. In other words, he doubles as my mule for crafting items.

I believe the new material is actually good for level ones. We just have to work around a problem that hopefully is temporary. So here's the before picture. You know, this is for those who say "what are level ones for, anyway?" Fun, of course!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I think most players with a level one would appreciate a solution to the no stash acess issue, even something like completing all 14 FH quests would suffice. A one time pass would even be okay for most. Just to have some of those items lost forever (unless you're willing to level them up) just seems a bit extreme since the update came without warning. The deva hear and see all so either they don't feel as strongly as we do about this issue, or we can expect a reasonable workaround in the near future. So why do I have a level one you ask, I did it for the lulz.