Ok, I'm not a big fan of playing a TANK class. For me this is the class that "tanks" to the bottom of my list the most.
I'd like to know how many other players like the Tank-Bear in PL and want to play the equivalent COMMANDO in Star Legends? And why and what they want to see improved??
Looking at the Ursan Warrior Bear-Tank in PL for eg:
Reference: General Guide on the Ursan
It follows the order of buff, debuff and then damage that other classes use.A: Self-target buffs:
(1)Rage: The main source of damage for any Ursan.
(2) Iron Blood: The definition of tanking, this is a skill you should try and have up AT ALL TIMES. Essential for chewing up damage, this, in combination with your large health pool and h/s regen, should keep you shielded from the onslaught of mobs you should be trying to control.
(3) Evade: The perfect counter part to Iron Blood, this skill adds a sufficient amount of dodge to keep you in a ninja like state.
B: Target Debuffs/Aggro:
(1) (AOE) Beckon
(2) "SMASH" Combo
(3) (AOE) Taunt
(4) (AOE) Hell scream
(5) "TERROR" Combo
(6) Crushing Blow
C: Damage skills:
(1) Super Mega Slash(stun)
(2) Vengeful Slash(knock-back)
(3) Crippling Slash(root).
(4) (AOE) Stomp:
(5) "SMASH" Combo: Works in conjunction with Beckon. Must be Beckon + Stomp.)
Order: Self-target buffs, target/aggro, then damage skills.
But what I don't like about the Bear is that in the pure form with melee damage it is very static profession involving drawing mobs and not having to move a lot ie taunting enemies.
Problem 1: Tanking and taunting crowd control (CC) seem the most basic way to control the mobs and not sure how much use this is in PvP (never used tanks?). Ie threat levels and taunting seems boring to me when it's more fun using skills and kiting mobs ie movement and positioning are important. Taunting does the job automatically.
Problem 2: 1 tank plus another tank doing the same thing seems redundant ie what I'm doing does not seem very individual. ie tank & spank the poor bear just soaks up the damage and aggro is very passive.
Problem 3: A pure tank because they can be high toughness need to be lower damage hence again they have less interesting options except grinding a mob. This seems to take a long time going solo, is it slower levelling overall?
Problem 4: Are tanks shafted in PvP compared to other professions?
Problem 5: Because skills are so defensive/passive/reactive... they definitely don't look as graphically cool as the other professions skills in PL?
Solutions for Commando:
(1) Less taunting emphasis and more Skills used to root, split mobs and stun mobs etc that need to be carefully used?
(2) Maybe armor slot that is only effective against some types of attack eg maybe good against a flame-thrower but low on a laser, hence different tanks required in combat?
(3) More shield skills to protect party and dodge-roll for the commando to reduce damage?
Just some ideas to kick off discussion on the COMMANDO-TANK... What do you like the most about the tank in PL and what do you think could be improved in Star Legends? Consider the tank could have big guns this time!
EDIT: Oops: I edited this out, thanks for the heads-up Moogerfooger(!): I AM USELESS AT THIS PROFESSION!! More experienced OPINIONS REQUIRED!!