Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Venom Guild Post (LONG POST)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We've all read this post, it offers a lot of great ideas, some controversial ones, and some strong opinions.

Great (if lengthy) communication ;-)

We take everyone's opinions and feedback into consideration, and balance it with our own vision, bandwidth, and priorities.

I'll tell you this though, the sky is the limit for what this game can grow into!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We've all read this post, it offers a lot of great ideas, some controversial ones, and some strong opinions.

We take everyone's opinions and feedback into consideration, and balance it with our own vision, bandwidth, and priorities.

I'll tell you this though, the sky is the limit for what this game can grow into!
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.......BEST thing I have heard!!!!!!!!!!!
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Staring mournfully at my copperheads wammo the hammer wishing it was still 1337
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.......BEST thing I have heard!!!!!!!!!!!
    you mean since sliced bread of course? right? RIGHT??
    Kirei-Fnord - lvl 55 - The Origanal Fnord Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You can't flame Royce even an insignificant amount. It won't work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Thank you for taking the time to read the post.

Edit: @Mobdropper: There is a difference between adding and responding to suggestions, and being contrarian for the sake of it. We are more than happy to hear and respond to your comments. Obviously you disagree with some if not all of the suggestions in the OP, but there is very little constructive comments in your recent posts to respond to.
    We are making suggestions to the devs, not to the player base. If you feel threatened or upset by changes that other players propose or simply disagree, let the devs know and post your thoughts. However snide forum flaming doesn't help any case that you make, and doesn't promote a constructive dialogue.

As for the debate that seems to be forming between the game catering to casual or hardcore players, there is no reason the game can't have content for both. Ignoring either player base is bad for the game and bad for business. Personally i think any player should be able to make a guild for instance, but higher guild functions should require more game time/play to unlock.
    Last edited by Azrael; 06-04-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Edit: @Mobdropper: There is a difference between adding and responding to suggestions, and being contrarian for the sake of it. We are more than happy to hear and respond to your comments. Obviously you disagree with some if not all of the suggestions in the OP, but there is very little constructive comments in your recent posts to respond to.
    We are making suggestions to the devs, not to the player base. If you feel threatened or upset by changes that other players propose or simply disagree, let the devs know and post your thoughts. However snide forum flaming doesn't help any case that you make, and doesn't promote a constructive dialogue.
    Perhaps you did not read my posts? As each and every one of them includes constructive criticisim or my "feedback" and counter-opinions. None of my posts make claims without additional options. In fact, I believe my last post has at least half a dozen open questions awaiting your reply.

I understand you are making suggestions to the dev's, not the player base, as is the nature of this forum - and we all in fact are sharing our suggestions for the devs to read. Kind of a mute point really. Anyway, if you did not want the player base to respond, you should have acted accordingly and communicated to the dev's via a different avenue.

None of my posts have been flames, I have not called anyone names or made false claims. If you feel my posts were flames, that's on you =/.
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage