Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Venom Guild Post (LONG POST)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    All this just seems way to overly complicated for a mobile MMO. And I especially dislike all the restrictions on builds and armor. Ugh, I would hate PL if it were like this.
    Minus the "hate" part, I agree with Banned. Y'all are way overthinking a game that you play on your phone. Part of PL's charm is the casual gameplay. I already have a full-time job. I don't need (or want) PL to become a second job.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Trading Optimization

- To reduce the hassle of initiating a trade with someone in a populated town, we should be given like a pop-up box to accept or decline the trade. The current system is a hassle since we have to find out who initiated the trade with us, try to find then, and tap them, switch to trade tab in order to accept the trade. Another idea is that we can simply just tap the message ("Sally wants to trade with you") to go straight to the trade screen.
    I like this idea. All of your other ideas ... I don't like. As previously stated, PL is a simple game. Your changes would undo a lot of that simplicity, which would make PL less enjoyable for me.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim View Post
    Minus the "hate" part, I agree with Banned. Y'all are way overthinking a game that you play on your phone. Part of PL's charm is the casual gameplay. I already have a full-time job. I don't need (or want) PL to become a second job.

I like this idea. All of your other ideas ... I don't like. As previously stated, PL is a simple game. Your changes would undo a lot of that simplicity, which would make PL less enjoyable for me.
    Why would changing the game for the better make you play it more? Basically you are saying that if they changed the game so they it could be more in-depth that it would require you to play more. You don't have to play it more than casual..it's all preference I am just saying this game is going to lose a LOT of interest if they do not change things...and very quickly, this game is far to easy and needs a lot more content added. I love what the DEV's have done so far, but they need to make huge changes to the system to produce more playability and more content.

SlipperyJim - this does not mean that you have to play it more, it will just be more in-depth so that the players who do play this a lot more than we should will have something to do. Perfect example (In Venom we have about 5 players with 3 characters all 35 and all full pinks, also when our top 5 players get together in PvP we have yet to be beaten and we have never won by less than 10 deaths.) What else is there to do....socialize, nah it gets really boring, so we make posts like this to improve the overall game play for everyone, however again we are not saying that you have to play it any more.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why would changing the game for the better make you play it more? Basically you are saying that if they changed the game so they it could be more in-depth that it would require you to play more. You don't have to play it more than casual..it's all preference I am just saying this game is going to lose a LOT of interest if they do not change things...and very quickly, this game is far to easy and needs a lot more content added. I love what the DEV's have done so far, but they need to make huge changes to the system to produce more playability and more content.
    Perhaps I did not explain myself clearly. It's not so much the time commitment -- although that's part of it -- it's the overall commitment to the game. If PL becomes more complex, it will require a greater commitment to play.

To take one of your suggestions as an example: Crafting. If the Devs implement a full-featured crafting system into the game, I'll have basically two choices. I'll either need to start crafting myself (adding more commitment to the game), or I'll need to crank up my farming and pay others to craft for me (adding more commitment to the game). Either way, my commitment to the game will probably have to increase. I don't want that. I don't want to worry about how to make my items, and I don't want to pay other people to make my items. I just want to kill a boss and get the item.

I strongly disagree with your predictions of doom and gloom for PL. Your thesis seems to be that the Devs need to add more of everything. My counterpoint to your thesis is that PL started as a fairly simple game, and it's become quite popular as such. To use an analogy, your "laundry list" of suggestions seems a bit like someone saying that Checkers is doomed because of its simplicity. "Unless each checker gets an upgrade path, customization, and the ability to craft new checkers ... everyone will quit playing!" Well, no. Checkers is a simple game, and that simplicity is part of its popularity. The rules are really simple. The strategies can get a little tricky, but nearly anyone can sit down with a set of checkers & a board to play a game. In a similar way, I believe that part of PL's popularity is its simplicity. People who normally shun MMOs (like me) can pick up their iDevices, download the PL app, and start slaying mobs in very little time. It's quick, easy, and fun.

While I respect the (obvious) level of work that Venom put into this list of suggestions, I don't want most of them to be implemented. I think that we really want different games. You want PL to be more complex. I want it to stay at (or near) the current level of simplicity. It will be interesting to see which way the Devs go....

As an aside, y'all have looked at the planned additions to the game:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lease-Schedule

When I look at that schedule, it looks pretty chock-full to me. My tolerance for complexity will already be a bit stretched. So let's see how the planned additions work before we start requesting more stuff.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The reason I disagree with almost all of is because of the
    memory it can take up. 3 characters is good enough you guys can't excpect any of this to happen suggestions are good but the devs work there butts off. Again remember it's not even done yet. There still making it! I think suggegtions would be better for near end summer when it's complete. For Now we must be patience and let the devs take care of the changes right now ( THERE STILL MAKEING IT,ITS NOT EVEN A FULL GAME YET!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    The reason I disagree with almost all of is because of the
    memory it can take up. 3 characters is good enough you guys can't excpect any of this to happen suggestions are good but the devs work there butts off. Again remember it's not even done yet. There still making it! I think suggegtions would be better for near end summer when it's complete. For Now we must be patience and let the devs take care of the changes right now ( THERE STILL MAKEING IT,ITS NOT EVEN A FULL GAME YET!!)
    I agree, all we can really do now is give general feedback on what is implemented. Like PvP, we can give ideas on how to balance it. I am sure the devs already have ideas for their major releases. This list of ideas makes this game a PC MMO, not a phone one.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    I agree, all we can really do now is give general feedback on what is implemented. Like PvP, we can give ideas on how to balance it. I am sure the devs already have ideas for their major releases. This list of ideas makes this game a PC MMO, not a phone one.
    Exactly. If I wanted any of this stuff, I would just quit PL and play EQ (which I dislike) or WoW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just want to kill a boss and get the item.
    Thats not an MMO. That's a Co-op hack and slash game.

So let's see how the planned additions work before we start requesting more stuff.
    I dont agree with everything in this "review", but I think there are some good points made. There was alot of complexity in what was posted and could be confusing for some. Why do you think there is a suggestion and feedback forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Exactly. If I wanted any of this stuff, I would just quit PL and play EQ (which I dislike) or WoW.
    I'd love to see you boot up WoW on your iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    The reason I disagree with almost all of is because of the memory it can take up.
    How many other games will you really be playing after this? Thats a terrible reason. I don't how anyone can take you seriously anyways... I mean you stole your parents credit card and spent 1 thousand dollars on gold.
    Last edited by Ogediah; 06-01-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogediah View Post

I dont agree with everything in this "review", but I think there are some good points made. There was alot of complexity in what was posted and could be confusing for some. Why do you think there is a suggestion and feedback forum?

I'd love to see you boot up WoW on your iphone.

How many other games will you really be playing after this? Thats a terrible reason. I don't how anyone can take you seriously anyways... I mean you stole your parents credit card and spent 1 thousand dollars on gold.
    You will be able to play WoW on the iPhone once Onlive comes around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really awesome ideas here, would love a 10 man raid that would require some thinking. Something that would have to be fixed is drops though. That to me is the reason that swamps is still so easy because otherwise we would be spending 30 min for orange and green drops. If they gauranteed a pink or purple drop every boss kill then making them really hard would make more sense as it is though you have to kill them multiple times before you get a look at anything worth having. just my 2 cents, awesome post bring on the pure healing class!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Feedback is great, but these look less like feedback and more like expectations or demands.

If you honestly want a full MMO experience, go back to gaming on a desktop and find your fix with WoW, EQ etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, I've socialized and played both PvP and PvE with Xanthia and other Venom members. So I fully respect both the intentions and the rights of all players. However there are several things I take issue with, I'll just rapid-fire back in a bulleted response -

About the thesis part... I don't think saying that you speak for the community is a fair statement. It's obviously a very niche group of players that would say they agree with the entire declaration. There are a lot of different things brought up in the OP to say that "the loyal trustworthy etc" members have gotten together to discuss this. It's more like, a particular segment of the playerbase speaking on behalf of a lot of others, who for various reasons have not made an attempt to voice their opinion[s].

Concerning the first PvP bullet - While I agree that the combat isn't as lengthy as I would like, I think it allows for simple strategies and coordination. Of course, PvP as a whole is a floundering fish out of water at this point, but it could become something special with focused and proper refinement. Now, to say that damage mitigation in PvP is a bad thing is flat out wrong. There are very few non-sandbox MMOs that feature universal damage numbers. It's just not that common. Due to the fact that any/all AI mobs in all MMOs are running static scripts that can be overcome with experience + strat + coordination, it is difficult to empower the AI without cheesing their stats up. Honestly, it's just not easy to make a game with balanced numbers for PvP and PvE. Damage mitigation, in some form [currently in PvP] is almost a necessary evil given the fundamentals of this game. I don't see how any monster in any dungeon is going to pose a serious threat without having 1000% the health/mana of a comparably leveled player. When you take the PvE out of the equation and are left with PvP combat numbers, it is obvious that the numbers were designed to reflect the difficulty of currently-end game monsters. The simplest way of nerfing down those numbers is damage mitigation. There are other ways of dealing with it, such as Armor buffing, cooldown changes, crit mechanics, diminishing returns, a resilience system, etc. But as it stands, damage mitigation was probably the quickest and easiest way to get PvP in our hands. With regards to healing, I think a lot of that could be overcome by tweaking the Enchantress slightly to allow for more tactical healing and utility - think something like HoT [heal over time] and the possible changes in playstyles, tactics, and coordination this could bring.

Hybrids - Look. I get it. Hybrids are the second, lesser reason why I am not even PvPing in PL [the first being the horrendous lag / frame rate stutter since a couple patches ago]. I get it. When you have a R/P/S game with variables in the given classes, it is going to exacerbate any nuance in balance because each class has the capability to capture almost any 'overpowered' tactic. If there is a problem with say, BOWS, the fact that each class has access to BOWS will cause any current imbalance regarding BOWS to become extrapolated across all classes, not just the Archer [unless the imbalance is a combination of BOW and in this case Archer SKILL COOLDOWN]. With the current system, it simply means that any imbalanced ability can be capitalized upon by ANY player, if they have the resources to obtain that capability at its highest potential. It is this seizing of potential imbalances that causes issues between classes, but really - if they can use X, chances are you can, too. The problem I have with that personally, and I suspect a lot of others do, is that they don't like that every player and class can seize upon any weapon / stat build / gear imbalance, thus almost FORCING you to do the same. Players in general do not like having their hands FORCED into play. Nobody plays poker where you are given no option to fold or raise. Nobody likes being FORCED to buy Baltic in Monopoly. Players are essentially FORCED to build certain ways regardless of class, if certain universal motivators are potentially exploited to powergame or imbalance certain aspects of the game.

Regarding stat distribution - Now, if a system as briefly described was in place, then perhaps changing the PvE -> PvP damage mitigation would be a good idea. If, like in the example, bears had 860 hps if they dumped massive points into STR speccing, then I can see tweaking that PvP dmg mitigation being a great idea. But as it stands, this looks like rainbows and leprechaun stuff. Not saying it's a bad idea, just, currently unfeasible.

Armor - doing 0-10 damage is unsettling, yes, it's one reason my Zombie h/s tank mage spec is shelved as the dust settles from 1.2... Personally I think hard numbered research is needed with transparency for the playerbase to scour over and get a foothold on before we start talking about that. It's sort of funny how a lot of number crunching has been done from everything from diff weapons to different specs to crits and hit %s... and not a lot of research on the mitigation itself, like dodge and armor and buffs/debuffs. More math needed to really call upon Armor in a legitimate context.

Invites, meh. Leads to elitism / exclusivity. Also leads to less annoying people joining instances. I'm up in the air on this one, don't care either way.

PvE farming - I will be frank on this one since I already gave an incredibly detailed explanation of the pratfalls of unabated runaway farming. Lemme just say this - if farming is going to be in the game, it needs to be worthwhile. As it stands, it just decreases the average players life-cycle within the game and ruins any motivation to play the game properly [and thus receive a much longer replay value from the game for said player]. Farming should be an explicit format, clearly defined, and not left to poison the actual full PvE [joining 20 maps to find a real group, etc].

Guilds - This is not a Darkfall clone, this is not an Age of Conan clone, the biggest static impact a player or group of players should have on the game itself is housing, and it should scale regarding how much you are willing to farm for it, relative potential farming power [# of players in guild willing to chip in for that goal, etc], and also a glass ceiling to keep the nonfactors in check. These are the three things necessary to bulwark against elitism. This is clearly not an elitist game, it's casual almost to a fault [currently]. If the current playerbase was to jump on a guild-based bandwagon, then I think these guild quest and rank ideas would possibly hold more water. But currently, I think that is just a way for a group of no-lifers to say they're better than other players without actually proving it within the game [ala PvP].

Regarding removal of player dictated stats - Any game that forces you to place stats somewhere is a game that is less fun than a game that allows the player to place stats at their discretion. Non-linear development provides for a much greater immersion in the persona of the character itself [since you are deciding the way it develops] and provides a much more stratified playerbase that helps strengthen the notion of individuality in a game which is severely lacking in that "can I be unique?" area. Anything that leads to imbalance should be potentially cut off to avoid exploitation [via "build-of-the-month" players]. Simple.

Crafting - Not even looking it over. Any game can benefit from crafting as long it is impossible to farm resources for crafting unattended. Please read the previous sentence three times, as it is the entire key to keeping a crafting system from ruining the economy and a myriad of other areas.

10 Man Raids - Why not. PvE is way too easy as it stands and true "uber" gear should be a lot more difficult to obtain - I'm sorry 8 year old kids who run willy-nilly into boss groups, but that's the truth.

Achievement Points - Meh. I'd rather see a "This character is XYZ days old" feature in the paperdoll UI when clicking on a player.

If you really want class-specific gear, thus dampening motivation to go hybrid, it should at least provide perks / procs that are universal, providing use in both PvE and PvP.

No disrespect was intended in this post and I find this thread to be highly informative of both the current feeling of the playerbase in the foreseeable future, and potentially amazing in long-term speculation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you took my quote out of context. You quoted me as saying:
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim
    I just want to kill a boss and get the item.
    However, that statement was made in the larger context of crafting. I don't want my entire PL experience to be limited to "kill boss, get lewtz". As you wrote, that would basically be co-op hack and slash. Co-op hack and slash can be fun, but PL can be a little more than that. However, I don't want PL to be an economics simulator, a blacksmith simulator, or a weaving simulator. I don't like crafting very much. It's very hard to balance, and it adds a high level of either complexity or tedium (possibly both) to every game in which I've seen it done.

I don't object to other MMO aspects. In fact, I'm quite excited by the Devs' plans for increased character customization. I'm hoping that my bear can change his fur color, my chicken can get a crest, and my elf can tailor her wardrobe a bit. As long as I don't have to dive into some crazy crafting system to do it....

Oh, I'm not disputing Venom's right to post their suggestions here. As you wrote, this forum has a purpose, and the Venom Guild's post is within the guidelines of that purpose. They made (numerous) suggestions for the Devs to consider. I'm not disputing their right to do so.

I'm simply disagreeing with the content of those suggestions. If I understand correctly, this forum is not just for people to post suggestions, but also for people to debate those suggestions. Since I disagree with most of Venom's ideas, I am joining the debate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, notice i said this was being written mainly by myself and Azrael and with assistance of the Venom members. That would be the community I speak of. Don't read between the lines. BTW no harm taken just replying how I feel and no offense to anything you wrote and I hope none is taken in this message.

Hybrids - if you make players just stay with-in the confines of their class, if they had a lot of options in their class then there would be a lot of diversity within that class, meaning that there would be MULTIPLE builds for 1 class. Honestly, no one would be making you play it one way or another, however there should be SIGNIFICANT HUGE LARGE stat deductions to players using armor/weapons from a different class. This is what makes PvP possible to be balanced.

Stat Distribution - you would place your stats in Achievement Points which would ultimately be the same thing, however you would get a set number of Health, Mana, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence per level but then get to place points in your skill tree to design your character how you wanted it. The reason that you should have a set stat distribution is so that the game can be balanced and this also will place a lot more emphasis on how skilled the player is and not as much about what is the build of the month.

Invites - the only reason I want this is so that I can make a passworded game and only have players I want in the game, like I don't want to make a game have Azrael join the game then ALL of his friends want to join, when I only want to group with Azrael and have to kick everyone else and listen to why they should be allowed in. How about a compromise.....There are 2 types of passworded games. Secure and Unsecured passworded games. In secure Passworded games you would have to provide the password to enter the game no matter if you were friends with someone in the game. Unsecured would be how the games are not, anyone who is on friends list can join. I think that is very fair and makes sense.

PvE Farming - I AGREE 100% make players play all the zones, but GUARANTEE a pink at the end of it!!!!!!!

Guilds - I really like you and I don't want any of this to change it, however when you said this is a way for no-lifers to say they are better than other players really kinda pissed me off, just because a guild can afford this type of guild hall does not mean that they have no life or are claiming to be better than they are. I think that statement was extremely uncalled for. Ok, done with that
    If the players who play the most and accumulate the most money do not have a way to prove that they do that, then they will get bored and not way to do that..so why not make guild halls so expensive. The casual players are still able to have a guild hall, they will just have to work to get it, why should we make things easy for the casual players in return make the hardcore players bored, why not make hard for both but make all guild hall levels beneficial and capable of same thing just make the higher guild hall levels more prestigious or have more bells and whistles, but all 3 would still have the same core items and purposes.

Player Dictated Stats- I already went over.

Crafting - I agree!

10 man raids - thank God someone else is sick of 10 year olds......

Achievement points would not be something that ppl would like brag about, this is a way to place points into Skill Tree's I think you read this incorrectly.

Thanks would love to hear back Diz
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

However, that statement was made in the larger context of crafting. I don't want my entire PL experience to be limited to "kill boss, get lewtz". As you wrote, that would basically be co-op hack and slash. Co-op hack and slash can be fun, but PL can be a little more than that. However, I don't want PL to be an economics simulator, a blacksmith simulator, or a weaving simulator. I don't like crafting very much. It's very hard to balance, and it adds a high level of either complexity or tedium (possibly both) to every game in which I've seen it done.
    Crafting does not have to be a bad thing, this will still enable you to have all the items that all the crafters have you will just have to buy them, like go to the auction house and purchase them, and they will be competitive prices Obviously because a lot of players LOVE to craft. So, don't look at it so negative look at it as a way to allow you to have more things in game and allow you character to embrace the crafting system without having to craft.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DEV's can we get some ideas of what yall are thinking about this.....did we hit the mark on anything....did we go way off chart? I know it is completely up to you to decide if you want to correspond back, however there are a lot of ideas thrown around here and would LOVE to hear from you all.

Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, notice i said this was being written mainly by myself and Azrael and with assistance of the Venom members. That would be the community I speak of. Don't read between the lines. BTW no harm taken just replying how I feel and no offense to anything you wrote and I hope none is taken in this message.

Hybrids - if you make players just stay with-in the confines of their class, if they had a lot of options in their class then there would be a lot of diversity within that class, meaning that there would be MULTIPLE builds for 1 class. Honestly, no one would be making you play it one way or another, however there should be SIGNIFICANT HUGE LARGE stat deductions to players using armor/weapons from a different class. This is what makes PvP possible to be balanced.

Stat Distribution - you would place your stats in Achievement Points which would ultimately be the same thing, however you would get a set number of Health, Mana, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence per level but then get to place points in your skill tree to design your character how you wanted it. The reason that you should have a set stat distribution is so that the game can be balanced and this also will place a lot more emphasis on how skilled the player is and not as much about what is the build of the month.

Invites - the only reason I want this is so that I can make a passworded game and only have players I want in the game, like I don't want to make a game have Azrael join the game then ALL of his friends want to join, when I only want to group with Azrael and have to kick everyone else and listen to why they should be allowed in. How about a compromise.....There are 2 types of passworded games. Secure and Unsecured passworded games. In secure Passworded games you would have to provide the password to enter the game no matter if you were friends with someone in the game. Unsecured would be how the games are not, anyone who is on friends list can join. I think that is very fair and makes sense.

PvE Farming - I AGREE 100% make players play all the zones, but GUARANTEE a pink at the end of it!!!!!!!

Guilds - I really like you and I don't want any of this to change it, however when you said this is a way for no-lifers to say they are better than other players really kinda pissed me off, just because a guild can afford this type of guild hall does not mean that they have no life or are claiming to be better than they are. I think that statement was extremely uncalled for. Ok, done with that
    If the players who play the most and accumulate the most money do not have a way to prove that they do that, then they will get bored and not way to do that..so why not make guild halls so expensive. The casual players are still able to have a guild hall, they will just have to work to get it, why should we make things easy for the casual players in return make the hardcore players bored, why not make hard for both but make all guild hall levels beneficial and capable of same thing just make the higher guild hall levels more prestigious or have more bells and whistles, but all 3 would still have the same core items and purposes.

Player Dictated Stats- I already went over.

Crafting - I agree!

10 man raids - thank God someone else is sick of 10 year olds......

Achievement points would not be something that ppl would like brag about, this is a way to place points into Skill Tree's I think you read this incorrectly.

Thanks would love to hear back Diz
    Ok, some quick retorts Xan -

Regarding your response to my response to your thesis part... if you meant "some Venom peeps" as the "the loyal, engaged, and trustworthy community members and beta testers of the game", then it could perhaps use some clarification.

Hybrids comment - Sure, if individual classes had more skills and different ways of speccing, then yes - hybrids would lose some allure in a meta sense. Hybrids wouldn't be as intriguing. Possibly in a practical sense, hybrids would go down in value if each class was made to be more 'tooly' so to speak. But on one hand, this is a good idea, and on the other hand you're advocating for more classes. These are two different ways and present two completely different sets of variables to balance in all aspects of gameplay.

Stat distribution comment - Achievements Points, again my response is same as above - now you're dealing with a whole different ballgame than the other options. None of them are really "easy" fixes.

Invites - I understand exactly what you're saying, I think I'm speaking too much in a meta sense to be really clear in what I'm saying, but - honestly, changing the accessibility of games in the manners you speak of would increase exclusivity and also lower the 'annoyance' of random people joining. I don't really care but I feel this wasn't understood in a bird's eye perspective. I don't care either way, random joiners can either get booted in the current setup and I wouldn't care or there can be a change to the way people can join games. Either way is gravy, but the ladder option does turn the elitism up a notch.

PvE farming - guaranteed pinks is fine, I guess. It is a casual game it's not like it's WoW [or whatever] where you need to farm X boss for 3 months to even see Y item [and then have Z chance of winning your roll for it (thank god I never played any MMO with a DKP guild)]. As long as it doesn't ramp up to the point where there are spreadsheet XL files that show who gets what and when, then I'm fine with PvE going the whole nine yards for the "gear" oriented players. Pink out all you want, people...

Guilds - No-lifers? Well, look at it realistically. Look at it the way you do when you're actually playing the game, man. IF guilds were in the game, as of 1.2, there wouldn't be a whole lot for them to do to prove they are better or more competitive or made up of higher quality players EXCEPT by defeating other guilds/clans/groups in PvP. That's it. There is no other way to compare the relative strength and skills of groups in any way except for PvP. And the game is so young and the strats are so unrefined, and THEN you throw in the wild card of PvP in its infant stage... and it's obvious, at least to me, that "guilds" would be an almost hollow venture in all aspects. They would simply facilitate quicker communication, help keep the guild structurally organized, and be e-peen contests. The e-peen contests would only consist of primitive PvP fights. Guilds could also do in-house pink farming, but that has zero direct impact on the meta-guild level. The only way guilds would be able to truly interact currently is in gimp PvP. Now, if housing was in, it would need to have an actual dynamic that fluctuates to reflect the current standing of a guild or their potential will-to-power. There is no meter of will-to-power in the game nor is there a playing field in which it would be used. If "gear" was more powerful, more rare, and more difficult to obtain from PvE, then possibly will-to-power could be reflected in PvP. But considering that almost everybody in PvP is wearing the same end-game gear, there is not a practical way of telling "who is more powerful". If the same group was being judged and simply had a tag of [Venom] above their head, it would still be impractical in trying to decide "who is more powerful" regardless of the tag or not. Guild housing / halls would simply be a gold / time sink, in the current game state. Period. There would be nothing except a hollow notifier to anyone passing by that a group of players had seriously WTFPOWERGAMED OUT and dropped a boatload of gold to wave the ol' e-peen. I'm not saying this is bad. I'm not saying it is good. What I am saying is that, without PURPOSE, then guild housing would have no reason to exist in the current game format. A new dynamic, that would draw the will-to-power out of groups and motivate them to obtain such a high-end goal as a previously-arbitrary "Guild Hall Level 3" would be epic. But it would take some serious foresight and impeccable implementation to place in the game without turning everything upside-down and stratifying a lot of the player base. It's not a big deal if it was put in now, later, or never, but there would need to be a purpose [like the one you briefly defined] and it would need to be a sustainable motivator for being such a monumental sink.

Crafting is either hit or miss because it completely impacts every player, either directly or indirectly, in an economic sense. Unattended resource gathering can ruin a game by itself. Literally.

10 man raids - Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of amazingly skillful kids who play games... I'm just saying, the vast majority of players are immature greenhorns who have no idea what is going on around them. Situational awareness in this game, in a holistic community perspective, is severely lacking. A few scattered people understand the game but for the most part, there are a LOT of random... noobs who are simply winging it blindly. But that's cool, it's sort of expected, it's a casual [semi]-free mobile game.

I wasn't reading Achivement Point idea incorrectly, I was just trying to steer around that because of reasons I explained earlier in this particular post. It's just another option of a messy, sloppy road that would need to be checked out hardcore before considering as a real viable route to the PROMISED LAND [aka balanced PvP].

Holla at your novel-writing boy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol, Diz so after all of that. You were basically on the fence about everything, you had 1 foot on 1 side and 1 food on the other. No real stance just parameters for if this happens. Yes, guild housing right now would be a e-peen contest, but then again what are you doing playing a MMO? E-peen? Yea, all in all everything is just that. So, at least give us hardcore group something to do....I mean whenever one warrior is able to solo the entire final zone for all the bosses with the entire zone of croc's following, it's time for some new content

Then again these are just suggestions, however I would love for some DEV action here......seeing as how they reply to all the other threads in this forums usually...
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xan, I am just a simple player of Pocket Legends. I can only offer input based upon what I would like to see in the game, and what I feel the community at large would like to see in the game. Pocket Legends, being so young and new... and me, having played just a month or two by my lonesome... I fear I have no claim to either side of the fence. The stakes are too low and the options too many for me to create a picket sign and advocate this or that. About the only thing I have felt strong enough to truly voice my opinion on are the problems that popped up from Frogmar farming.

I've been helping to create an actual MMO for over a year and a half, and the one thing that becomes more and more obvious to me is this - every decision you make regarding the game, big or small, can have unforseen effects, short-term or long-term, for better or worse. It is absolutely critical that each option be weighed and considered, especially in the developmental stages or right after the launch of something big [like PvP in 1.2].

I think there are a lot of possible options that could be made for the game, some good, some bad, but most are mixed. So in my honest opinion, yes, I feel that I would rather help to define parameters rather than pick a side and made a stand.

Sure, a lot of MMOs is e-peenery. Comes with the territory. I find nothing about the game [yet] worth sticking mine out for, though. But I hear the train coming... and when it comes, we're either going to be on it or we aren't. If I had to make a prediction, I'd say I'll be on the train. I gotta see where this is going... Woo wooooooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yet again I will say it's not done yet. It's not even a full game yet. So don't overthink yourself that randomly the developers will make alot of changes like some of these. The people always have the power but for now we don't. The most we can do is help the devs and tell the problems with the game (bugs) not problems with stats skills or items weapons etc, or just to benefite your character. The devs will obviously make tons of changes. But first there focus is on finishing the game. I guarentee you guys will have almost, no suggegtions when it's complete. Some of these ideas people don't like so people will quite if it was like that(suggegtions that benefit a small group of people not good) And think of the time it takes to put stuff in the game and time for apple to approve most of it. And how many devs are there 5? And how long has it been since it was released 2 months -_- some games take a year or more to make and it's already awesome. Wow and gw don't need approval by anyone so be pacient and let the game be finished. And then if there's stuff that's not added that may be a great idea, then is the best time to make big suggegtions like this.