Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Venom Guild Post (LONG POST)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    Yet again I will say it's not done yet. It's not even a full game yet. So don't overthink yourself that randomly the developers will make alot of changes like some of these. The people always have the power but for now we don't. The most we can do is help the devs and tell the problems with the game (bugs) not problems with stats skills or items weapons etc, or just to benefite your character. The devs will obviously make tons of changes. But first there focus is on finishing the game. I guarentee you guys will have almost, no suggegtions when it's complete. Some of these ideas people don't like so people will quite if it was like that(suggegtions that benefit a small group of people not good) And think of the time it takes to put stuff in the game and time for apple to approve most of it. And how many devs are there 5? And how long has it been since it was released 2 months -_- some games take a year or more to make and it's already awesome. Wow and gw don't need approval by anyone so be pacient and let the game be finished. And then if there's stuff that's not added that may be a great idea, then is the best time to make big suggegtions like this.

Ok, This is a suggestion forum, I understand that we are suggesting something very large, however this is where this type of input is supposed to go. So, please don't lecture me on being patient and waiting on things, I have probably been playing MMO's longer then you have been alive.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim View Post
    I'm simply disagreeing with the content of those suggestions. If I understand correctly, this forum is not just for people to post suggestions, but also for people to debate those suggestions. Since I disagree with most of Venom's ideas, I am joining the debate.
    You now provided some answer's. You did not debate before, you simply shut down OP and then said we shouldn't be making anymore suggestions until the devs "todo list" is complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogediah View Post
    You now provided some answer's. You did not debate before, you simply shut down OP and then said we shouldn't be making anymore suggestions until the devs "todo list" is complete.
    As your post is the 42nd post in this thread, I think it's fair to say that I didn't "shut down" anything. In fact, by expressing my dissent, I believe that I opened up debate. On the other hand, maybe the debate would have opened without me, and I'm just being big-headed....

Anyway, to get back on topic: One of the reasons that I like PL (when I don't play many other MMOs) is that PL is a simple, casual game. Most of Venom's suggestions would increase either the complexity or the tedium of PL. Therefore, I oppose these suggestions. I don't want to play WOW or EQ on my iPhone. I want to play a casual, simple MMO. Pocket Legends is just such a game.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Staring mournfully at my copperheads wammo the hammer wishing it was still 1337
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hear Hear, *claps hands for about 10 seconds*
    Kirei-Fnord - lvl 55 - The Origanal Fnord Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You can't flame Royce even an insignificant amount. It won't work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As your post is the 42nd post in this thread, I think it's fair to say that I didn't "shut down" anything. In fact, by expressing my dissent, I believe that I opened up debate. On the other hand, maybe the debate would have opened without me, and I'm just being big-headed....

Anyway, to get back on topic: One of the reasons that I like PL (when I don't play many other MMOs) is that PL is a simple, casual game. Most of Venom's suggestions would increase either the complexity or the tedium of PL. Therefore, I oppose these suggestions. I don't want to play WOW or EQ on my iPhone. I want to play a casual, simple MMO. Pocket Legends is just such a game.
    Your entitled to your opinion and i'm sure the devs will listen to your ideas as well.
    That said i don't see how removing hybrids in favor of more classes, giving str and intelligence better statistic enhancements per point spent, and generally balancing pvp would make the game more complex. Thats just to name a few....

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally i would like to see somewhat of a greater complexity. as i have already said, i feel as though currently this game is merely more than a coop hack and slash. we farm, we level. End of game.

Please excuse my drunken typos, if any
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Like Banned, if most of these changes were implemented, I would stop playing PL. As for hybrids, they add interest to the game. I don't want a narrow character. I want some creative freedom to make a character MY character.

Millions for a guild is ridiculous. There are all kinds of players out there. Why should they have to pay millions to have a guild so they can have companionship and gaming buddies? Guilds should be accessible rather than ONLY available to a couple of elite groups who may well espouse values that others don't have.

I LIKE that my friends can join a passworded game- that's why they are my FRIENDS. I wouldn't want that to change. Maybe a setting could be implemented in options so we can choose to allow friends to freely join our passworded games or not.

Just my humble opinion.
    I know for a fact you'll disapprove of my guild... But as long as the guild members are happy and playing well - isn't that ok? And isn't the point of having different guilds to allow like-minded individuals to create a community within the game?

All the Venom Guild suggested changes sound a bit like one guild bossing everyone else around by trying to say how EVERYONE should play rather than just how Venom guild members should play.

If I misunderstood, I'm truly sorry.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    All the Venom Guild suggested changes sound a bit like one guild bossing everyone else around by trying to say how EVERYONE should play rather than just how Venom guild members should play.

If I misunderstood, I'm truly sorry.
    Apology accepted.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Apology accepted.
    Agreed.........
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow.

I was NOT apologizing for saying that you are trying to decide how the game should be played by EVERYONE (meaning players not in the Venom Guild) and that it is wrong to do that. NO guild should have the right to decide how the game should run for everyone- ESP making ironclad determinations about things like hybrids and ludicrous guild costs.

I was apologizing if I misunderstood the "bossiness" that i felt was underlying the long Venom Guild post.

You do realize, don't you, that a PL world that is just Venom-sanctioned-and-determined would be a narrow and colorless imitation of the broad interesting game that many of us hope PL continues to grow into...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow.

I was NOT apologizing for saying that you are trying to decide how the game should be played by EVERYONE (meaning players not in the Venom Guild) and that it is wrong to do that. NO guild should have the right to decide how the game should run for everyone- ESP making ironclad determinations about things like hybrids and ludicrous guild costs.

I was apologizing if I misunderstood the "bossiness" that i felt was underlying the long Venom Guild post.

You do realize, don't you, that a PL world that is just Venom-sanctioned-and-determined would be a narrow and colorless imitation of the broad interesting game that many of us hope PL continues to grow into...
    Look, you have no right to say that about our post, this is a SUGGESTION FORUM, if you don't like it that is fine, but don't go telling us that we are deciding how things are going to be, we made a suggestion post! If you don't like it thats fine, but don't go saying that we are bossing other guilds around.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Look, you have no right to say that about our post, this is a SUGGESTION FORUM, if you don't like it that is fine, but don't go telling us that we are deciding how things are going to be, we made a suggestion post! If you don't like it thats fine, but don't go saying that we are bossing other guilds around.

Usually when a thread is posted in suggestions/feedback, it's expected that other players will chime in with their opinion about the suggestion. The tone of voice in the Venom Guild manifest felt a bit dictatorial. Some Venom Guild's suggestions didn't seem fair to other players with different interests or different playing habits. Like no hybrids or no guild without FIVE MILLION. Making it so hard to get a guild makes it exclusionary for other players who don't play enough to come up with five million. It is bossing other guilds around if your suggestion makes guilds out of reach for even dedicated players like myself. So I responded with feedback.

I'm sorry feedback isn't okay unless it agrees with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Although I do think that 5 million for guild forming is a tad high, but then that means that another form of test must be passed to form a guild.

BUT, the guild hall must have a ridiculous price tag attached to them (5million level 1, 10 level 2, 30 level 3) as to have a glass ceiling, and to keep the non-factors in check.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Usually when a thread is posted in suggestions/feedback, it's expected that other players will chime in with their opinion about the suggestion. The tone of voice in the Venom Guild manifest felt a bit dictatorial. Some Venom Guild's suggestions didn't seem fair to other players with different interests or different playing habits. Like no hybrids or no guild without FIVE MILLION. Making it so hard to get a guild makes it exclusionary for other players who don't play enough to come up with five million. It is bossing other guilds around if your suggestion makes guilds out of reach for even dedicated players like myself. So I responded with feedback.

I'm sorry feedback isn't okay unless it agrees with you.
    Look, don't be a smart ***, I never said the feedback had to agree with me! However, nothing we suggested was done that way to look like a dictator. Hybrids will benefit everyone not just Venom, lol! This will expand the game so that it can be a lot more diverse. Also with the guild price, you are like the 2nd person to think it is individual effort, obviously if you understood my post you would understand that a guild is not an individual, it is a group of players. Honestly if everyone pitches in a few hundred thousand then you can have one in no time. Also the prices that I posted are low in my opinion. Again, we are not bossing other guilds around if we suggest something, lol, please think about what you write before you write it.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

5 million is WAY to much. Thelonearcher archer wasted half a grand on only 1 million. And I don't think most people are going to be able to get enough players to donate a total of 5 million for some guild. Maybe popular guilds like Venom and Legends can do it, but for the average guy that just wants to start a guild for him and a few of his buddies, it just ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by Banned; 06-03-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just becuase he wasted half a grand on a million doesnt mean the rest of us doesnt have that much legitimately. And since we're already singling out people to use as examples, I for one, am willing to donate to a total of 5 million.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Look, don't be a smart ***, I never said the feedback had to agree with me! However, nothing we suggested was done that way to look like a dictator. Hybrids will benefit everyone not just Venom, lol! This will expand the game so that it can be a lot more diverse. Also with the guild price, you are like the 2nd person to think it is individual effort, obviously if you understood my post you would understand that a guild is not an individual, it is a group of players. Honestly if everyone pitches in a few hundred thousand then you can have one in no time. Also the prices that I posted are low in my opinion. Again, we are not bossing other guilds around if we suggest something, lol, please think about what you write before you write it.
    I know a guild is a group. I do read. As you know, "guild" is a word in the outside world. I did NOT think the five million would be an individual effort. That would be insane. But I do know that players have different wants. Not everyone wants a huge guild. A smaller guild would find it almost impossible to come up with five million. It's exclusionary and unfair to players who don't want the same thing from their guild that you want from yours. Fair would be to put a price to be paid forth for each guild member with a decent overall minimum amount to create a guild (maybe half a million). Just my opinion.

Sorry about the hybrids. I must have misunderstood. I thought the post was calling for the creativity players show, in choosing to be odd mixes (like an archer Mage) and choosing weapons to create a unique character, to be abolished in favor of more limited character classes that would each be limited to a specific type of arsenal.
    Last edited by Furrawn; 06-03-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Advance View Post
    Just becuase he wasted half a grand on a million doesnt mean the rest of us doesnt have that much legitimately. And since we're already singling out people to use as examples, I for one, am willing to donate to a total of 5 million.
    When did I say no one had it legitimately? I just used it as an example to show how large of an amount it really is.

And like I said, it's going to be hard to find players like you, that are willing to even donate anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    When did I say no one had it legitimately? I just used it as an example to show how large of an amount it really is.

And like I said, it's going to be hard to find players like you, that are willing to even donate anything.
    Well, I disagree 5 million is really not that much, also think about what would happen if making a guild was easy, players would make them just to make them, and there would be no prestige of making a guild or no work to get one going and keep it going. IT IS A LOT OF WORK!!!!!!

I know a guild is a group. I do read. As you know, "guild" is a word in the outside world. I did NOT think the five million would be an individual effort. That would be insane. But I do know that players have different wants. Not everyone wants a huge guild. A smaller guild would find it almost impossible to come up with five million. It's exclusionary and unfair to players who don't want the same thing from their guild that you want from yours. Fair would be to put a price to be paid forth for each guild member with a decent overall minimum amount to create a guild (maybe half a million). Just my opinion.

Sorry about the hybrids. I must have misunderstood. I thought the post was calling for the creativity players show, in choosing to be odd mixes (like an archer Mage) and choosing weapons to create a unique character, to be abolished in favor of more limited character classes that would each be limited to a specific type of arsenal.
    Well, I thank you for rephrasing your statement, however you were wrong about saying that my guild was large, currently we are at 8 members, with a few applicants. It doesnt take a large guild to pay that price.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Furrawn, the wording in the post(s) got to the point of venom cutting the pie and getting first pick of the slices. I also understand you all probably did not mean for it to come across that way, but regardless it was worded very strongly.

The crafting would be cool, but the guild houses are way over priced. A guild should cost something yes, or require an item from a difficult boss to create - but not be only for those that horde gold/items 24/7. Having guild levels is a good idea, as ppl play or xp, and getting additional xp for the guild - but perhaps that should be individual? Thus, if an individual leaves the guild, the guild would be minus that xp, and maybe the player take a 10% hit or something.

I also like the join button nerf, something needs to be done to stop random acquaintances joining a set group.
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage