Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twink Tank Guide [1] Juggernaut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Twink Tank Guide [1] Juggernaut

Introduction

There are many types of roles a tank can under take in a clash. The methods will be explained respectively with the custom builds. I have split the guides into parts with each part corresponding to the specific role for a tank. Note this does take a large chunk of my time to create and there might be some time before I release another guide for another role. This should give you guys time to practice maybe and learn the techniques - as well as practising your timing; which is key.

I do not know everything about tanking so be sure to comment on things that I haven't mentioned that would help people. This is just what I have learnt through my time playing the warrior class.

The JUGGERNAUT

Item Build

Weapon: Galen maul of potency > Storm sword of potency > Devourer maul of potency > Conqueror's wall of potency
    Helm & Armour: Icescale assault set > Epidemic assault set > Ancient potency set
    Ring: Winter star ring of warfare > Night ocean ring of warfare
    Amulet: Tarlok heart of potency > Eerie amulet of potency

Gem slots
    - You need enough damage that you can sufficiently heal high to your team and enough armour to withstand the output damage of DPS in your clash bracket.
    (Higher damage = Higher heal horn|Higher armour = Lower heal horn)

My recommendation: 1x Para|4x Highest level fury you can socket|5x Highest level diamond you can socket

Skill Build

Adapt this skill build as you please but here are the foundations of your build.

Chest Splitter
    ALWAYS with Staggering Blow

Vengeful blood
    ALWAYS with Adrenaline Surge

Juggernaut
    ALWAYS with Second Wind

Horn of Renew
    ALWAYS with Increased Duration and Protective Shield

Note: Have the skills in this order in your skill tab to avoid any miss clicks.

What to upgrade next?

Once you have the Foundations set up then follow the Path upgrades I have set out underneath.

Juggernaut Ignore Pain > Vengeful Focused Rage > Horn of Renew Increased Range > All the Might passives you can get

Utilising the build in clash

(For nekro users/or have nekro in your team)
    Before engaging the clash have your run in with a charged heal shield. 1 second after heal shield has disappeared use your nekro AA. This set up enables your team to have a shield all times. So in between nekro shields your team would have a horn of renew shield to negate damage.

There is not set technique in order because clashes are dynamic. So you will have to learn yourself; with that being said here are some tips.

Protecting DPS
    Pay ATTENTION to your DPS. This is what most tanks get wrong. You don't have enough damage to take out the team so if your DPS dies there's little chance of you winning. When they are rushing go in front of them and absorb incoming damage. Pop a jugg if your low.

Juggernaut
    You do NOT need to charge jugg at twink brackets. With the upgrades I have laid out, your juggernaut will not break.
    ALSO juggernaut can be used to rectifying your timing with heal etc... if your other tank decides to heal at the same time as you so just pop a jugg and wait till you can sync the timing again.
    DO NOT be conservative with your jugg, don't try saving your jugg because there are many cases where you think you don't need jugg but you most certainly do. I think this would be learned through practise.
    Count in your head the juggernaut's timer (it lasts for 15 or 12 seconds I think) and retreat back to safety before your jugg runs out preferably consuming a rogue's medicine pack before it runs out or have heal horn ready.

Feeble enemy DPS
    Your chest splitter upgrade will render your opponent unable to crit for 2 seconds (I think) to make the most of this synchronise your chest splitter before they combo. HOWEVER do not get too distracted, if you are rushing these rogues without a nekro shield or jugg then they can easily stun you and combo you to death ALSO you can get soooo distracted that you will not notice your DPS getting rushed by the enemy.

Rotate tanking
    Most clashes have 2 tanks at least so please pay close attention to your second tanker if he is low go in front of him and absorb damage.

Taking rogue packs
    Never drop below 50% health without jugg, every time you hit below this threshold please take a rogue's medicine pack.

Weapon procs
    Galen is incredible op as well as storm sword if you use right so keep spamming them normal hits to proc.

Horn of renew
    Use vengeful AFTER (because you don't want to delay horn) you use horn of renew to get maximum heals to your team

There is no option for poll so hit the thanks button if you would like to see an Axe Throw/puller twink tank guide.
    Last edited by Dart; 11-22-2015 at 01:13 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dart For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i hope this helps alot of noob tanks out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxpuretankxX View Post
    i hope this helps alot of noob tanks out there
    I'm just doing my part to help promote a more fun and competitive twink clashing experience.
    Last edited by Dart; 11-22-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i appreiciate it we need more people like u who dont mind making a guide on sharing skill builds, gear...etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

i appreiciate it we need more people like u who dont mind making a guide on sharing skill builds, gear...etc
    yea tbh there is nothing in here that you would not have learnt through time playing, this is just to help the process of getting the new players up to speed to become a reliable support for his/her team mates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

true, but some players that i know haven't learned things like this and they have been playing as long as me. Most people think that if u buy the best gear in that bracket you will be unkillable, but tbh it all depends on the skill of the player/players you are fighting agaisnt, both clash and vs. I have seen undergeared players beat the best geared players, its all just skill the more u practice with the toon you are playing as the better you will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

when i first started trying out pvp most tanks would keep there build secret and same with gear, its good to see people started to help out the new pvpers of al instead of keeping them weeker than yourself. Me, i like a challenege, i like to fight the best players i can, just because it helps me get better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

true, but some players that i know haven't learned things like this and they have been playing as long as me. Most people think that if u buy the best gear in that bracket you will be unkillable, but tbh it all depends on the skill of the player/players you are fighting agaisnt, both clash and vs. I have seen undergeared players beat the best geared players, its all just skill the more u practice with the toon you are playing as the better you will be.
    haha recommend this guide to those players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

lol, i should show them, so next time we clash or vs they wouldn't have any excuses for their lost

mesalin

Nice guide
    Come players can complain about jugg in low lvl but lol
    I'll try it out!
    Thanks

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mesalin View Post
    Nice guide
    I'll try it out!
    Thanks

<Forgiveness>
    at lower levels jug isnt really needed. if your the only tank for your team then maybe but if there is another tank then there is no need. if you are both doing your job of rotating heals then your good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nice guide
    I'll try it out!
    Thanks

<Forgiveness>
    haha bro if they complain about jugg tell those pesky rogues to not spec aimshot

mesalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    haha bro if they complain about jugg tell those pesky rogues to not spec aimshot
    Hahahaha
    at lower levels jug isnt really needed. if your the only tank for your team then maybe but if there is another tank then there is no need. if you are both doing your job of rotating heals then your good.
    Well. I still see some tanks use jugg even if there is more tanks, haha i still wanna see and try it out how it work in low Lvl. Will be nice to see not broke jugg

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hahahaha

Well. I still see some tanks use jugg even if there is more tanks, haha i still wanna see and try it out how it work in low Lvl. Will be nice to see not broke jugg

<Forgiveness>
    yea your jug wont be broke by rogues that often but really trust me below level 20 u wont really need jug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It is true but having juggernaut leaves little room for error. E.G. if your heal horn fail; if u get slobbered or lurid proc far from any health packs; if you get stunned at low health; if your dps decides to be stupid and rush out without any nekro shield etc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    It is true but having juggernaut leaves little room for error. E.G. if your heal horn fail; if u get slobbered or lurid proc far from any health packs; if you get stunned at low health; if your dps decides to be stupid and rush out without any nekro shield etc...
    true i do agree with that, but i have a tank at level 27 and even though i fight full para hook rogues i still dont need jug in a clash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

even if my heal fail the second tank takes over as first heal, by the time the effects from his heal are gone mine is rdy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

but what if his heal is in cd then what if dps combo u is easy death
    Ingame name: Invasions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EQT View Post
    but what if his heal is in cd then what if dps combo u is easy death
    not likely, like i said the other tank in the clash tanks over and heals if yours fail, by the time his is done mine will be done with cd and rdy to use again, its the whole concept of heal rotation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Nice guide.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.