Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My thoughts on tackling the Para/Eye Gem issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default My thoughts on tackling the Para/Eye Gem issue

We all know the detrimental advantage these gems have over those who don't have them. And with the expansion coming up, if these gems dont get taken care of, then the whole issue of gear imbalance would still plague that expansion. Sooo...

My suggestion is to have these gems only scaled to lv46. Meaning players wont be able to socket them in anything lv47+. In addition to this, make sure the new gear is actually worth wearing. Dont release gear that is worse than before, then what's the point?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Instead of forcing player to get rid their gems why not buffing jewel.
    If nekro were discontinued, would u accept that the next expansion there will be no nekro in ur pet stable ?

Imbalance created by gems not so much, imbalance created by having arcane and not having arcane is larger, the game so much better now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    Instead of forcing player to get rid their gems why not buffing jewel.
    If nekro were discontinued, would u accept that the next expansion there will be no nekro in ur pet stable ?

Imbalance created by gems not so much, imbalance created by having arcane and not having arcane is larger, the game so much better now
    Ahhh, but that's the thing. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. It's just scaling the gems into making sure it cant be added into the new gear. It can still be socketed into lv46 and under.

And have you ever seen the difference between a player wearing full eye/para gear and one with same gear and no eyes/paras? It's quite substantial. STS isnt going to buff jewels because they dont want players to be overpowered again- they're trying to lessen the gap between those with gems/jewels and those without, because the difference shouldn't be overly game changing.

As for your nekro situation, it would be totally fine if something better took his place. -and again, no one is taking the gems away. They would just simply be incompatible with the new gear.

In the case of arcanes being a LOT better than everything else, it only greater implies that gear>skill.
    Last edited by Zylx; 11-28-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Ahhh, but that's the thing. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. It's just scaling the gems into making sure it cant be added into the new gear. It can still be socketed into lv46 and under.
    Lv47-51 gears released and we cant upgrade them with gem is that not forcing ?

And have you ever seen the difference between a player wearing full eye/para gear and one with same gear and no eyes/paras? It's quite substantial. STS isnt going to buff jewels because they dont want players to be overpowered again- they're trying to lessen the gap between those with gems/jewels and those without, because the difference shouldn't be overly game changing.
    Login into game, now for me 1 primary stat means 1+dmg, stacking para only gives 8-9dmg, socket a noble jewel gives 8-9dmg + another attribute, cap increased means another dmg add for every 1 primary stat.
    Full eyes gives more hp/mana/crit (dps class), the other side full noble gives maxed out dmg ur run will be constantly faster in pve. Its not like if i have 10eyes and 8 paras in my gear ill be the most OP and fastest rogue and dominate every timed lb, it just people's taste how to improve their toons

As for your nekro situation, it would be totally fine if something better took his place.
    Yea if something better, if like this case ? Would u trade off 40% dmg reduction given by nekro shield to ..... Say ability to remove pools ? But u cant use ur nekro again. Its not better its just a trade off.. Same like jewel-gems prob. The only prob with jewel only takes too much times/gold to get the best one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    Lv47-51 gears released and we cant upgrade them with gem is that not forcing ?

Complaining about not being able to socket gems in higher levels is like complaining that you cant socket noble jewels into lv5 items, or not being able to wear lv46 items when you're only lv45. If i was forcing something, i would recommend players be given a certain deadline to use their gems before they would get taken away. Instead, with my suggestion, people would still be able to use their gems on anything that is not new. It's completely fair, and it helps the future of the game.

Login into game, now for me 1 primary stat means 1+dmg, stacking para only gives 8-9dmg, socket a noble jewel gives 8-9dmg + another attribute, cap increased means another dmg add for every 1 primary stat.
    Full eyes gives more hp/mana/crit (dps class), the other side full noble gives maxed out dmg ur run will be constantly faster in pve. Its not like if i have 10eyes and 8 paras in my gear ill be the most OP and fastest rogue and dominate every timed lb, it just people's taste how to improve their toons.

I really dont feel like drawing the math out -I'll let someone like Zeus or Asphy to do that- , but those with para'd gear are superior to those without para'd gear. Even more so with the Eye gems, because the eyes offer bonuses to all three main attributes, as well as crit. This is why we see mages with 5k+ health, 1,100 damage, and 60%+ crit and 1,600+ armor. The new jewels were meant to take a step back from the overpowering gems. They were supposed to improve balance, not improve stats.

Yea if something better, if like this case ? Would u trade off 40% dmg reduction given by nekro shield to ..... Say ability to remove pools ? But u cant use ur nekro again. Its not better its just a trade off.. Same like jewel-gems prob. The only prob with jewel only takes too much times/gold to get the best one.

I believe i misunderstood your original point. I was thinking you were talking about just discontinuing nekro. The way i see it now, you mean to take away nekro from everyone who owns him. Your point is completely irrelevant and ridiculous. In no way is anyone going to lose anything with my original premise. The remaining owners can still socket the gems into twink-level gear, which by itself isnt going to be balanced ever again anyways. Taking away nekro from it's current owners would be completely ridiculous and highly improbable, but if he was ever to be discontinued, i would assume a better pet with similar advantages is released to compensate.
    My responses are in bold.
    Last edited by Zylx; 11-28-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

@Zylx

1 (second, third, etc.) para gives me 9.6 damage ( this value dimishes with every next para , as I would lose bonus damage due to loss of main stat)
    1 noble finesse gives me 8.96 damage + 24 HP + dodge+ crit.

I hope u can see how a para is actually worse than said noble finesse.
    With lvl 51 myth weapon the finesse will give more damage than the para... The price of those is the same. The mind and fury nobles are about half price.

The eye gems are a completely different story. Yet going full eye won't be viable next cap either, besides in pvp maybe . why this is semi relevant is tl;dr

P.S. Even last cap stacking paras in PvP, instead of full eyes on rogue and mage was not the best idea.
    P.S.S. The implementation of your suggestion will have an extremely bad impact only on the mage class.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 11-28-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    @Zylx

1 (second, third, etc.) para gives me 9.6 damage ( this value dimishes with every next para , as I would lose bonus damage due to loss of main stat)
    1 noble finesse gives me 8.96 damage + 24 HP + dodge+ crit.

I hope u can see how a para is actually worse than said noble finesse.
    With lvl 51 myth weapon the finesse will give more damage than the para... The price of those is the same. The mind and fury nobles are about half price.

The eye gems are a completely different story. Yet going full eye won't be viable next cap either, besides in pvp maybe . why this is semi relevant is tl;dr

P.S. Even last cap stacking paras in PvP, instead of full eyes on rogue and mage was not the best idea.
    P.S.S. The implementation of your suggestion will have an extremely bad impact only on the mage class.
    Man, chaos and lightning jewels are useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Man, chaos and lightning jewels are useless.
    In terms of being useless nothing beats the water jewels

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

actually for those favouring the new glintstone sets, paras are pretty useless besides the first one as there is a penalty now for using more, especially as a tank. the gear gap closes a bit from my viewpoint. of course neither paras nor noble jewels are cheap...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Don't think stacking paras is the big issue, but rather the OP bonus the first one gives.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

We all know the detrimental advantage these gems have over those who don't have them. And with the expansion coming up, if these gems dont get taken care of, then the whole issue of gear imbalance would still plague that expansion. Sooo...

My suggestion is to have these gems only scaled to lv46. Meaning players wont be able to socket them in anything lv47+. In addition to this, make sure the new gear is actually worth wearing. Dont release gear that is worse than before, then what's the point?
    This is the kind of thinking to put it as nice as possible piss me off... How would you feel to work your bum off getting eyes saving them only for developers to throw a bug in game to stop you from using them.. Quite frankly the jewel system create a great imbalance in game as we speak one noble jewel seeling for 4 million I connot farm enough to get a noble I bought tons of diamond to see if I can make noble.. none yet I don't like too much middle man crap too much meddling Jewel system is no different "geeeeze omg when the hell will I make a noble just so I can move on to somthing else in game.. Omg my head feel like its gona explode... " that's my little voice when involving myself into acquire jewels I need for myself not to make a $$$$ just for me..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rustygun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

As for your nekro situation, it would be totally fine if something better took his place. -and again, no one is taking the gems away. They would just simply be incompatible with the new gear.

In the case of arcanes being a LOT better than everything else, it only greater implies that gear>skill.
    You or myself don't have eye so let's just cast those that have in the trash!!!!!....Zzzzzz......Omg I remember how hard I had to work for those eyes in event, I even have to end up buying a few for 500k was so I could slot it into my new planners pendant was a very good time for me in game.. To spit on people that have is wicked Jewel system is not good endless endless farming and waste jewel system is like +4+4+4=5 next +5+5+5=6...... Need I continue its not right this is a waste of time and gold..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Again, no one is losing anything. One ounce of hard work shouldnt ruin everyone elses gameplay a year later.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

The only way to be a pvp mage that is a threat is with eye set up, straight up.

Now if we have 1 space for para, and the rest are eyes(17 slots), that is approximately (7m+17*5m)= 92m. This will give most mages 5.6-5.8k health, 45-55% crit, and damage 1000-1100.

Compared to 1 para, and rest noble minds(17 slots, that is approximately (7m+17*3m)= 58m. This will give most mages 5.2-5.3k health, 30-45% crit, and 1100-1300 damage.

So you gain about 100 damage, lose 10% crit( u crit 1/3rd of the time, they crit 1/2 the time think about it), lose 400 health

BTW: most people who can afford 58m will tell you they bought eyes, and socketed them or saving for next expansion

(my math is based off what i see in expedition camp >.<)

And when you try to buy eye gems
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...20#post2333720

I agree with Zylx to not allow them to socket in 51 gear, or we need buff to jewel system (specifically lightning and nature so that we can susbtiture for eyes)

(BTW) i forgot someone had a signiture showing what gems it took to make an equivalent of 16 eyes, I believe the setup used 64 gem slots
    Last edited by Caabatric; 11-28-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Something has to happen for the 51 cap indeed. I will be super disappointe, if there will be eyes and para gems in 51 gear...
    The jewels are great systemwise. No need for changes there, besides buffing lightning/diamond/chaos and removing water jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Our first tasks were to figure out how to handle current gems. We didn't want to restrict where players can use them. Since players earned or purchased those gems, they should be able to use them as they see fit. Nerfing existing gems, or any items for that matter, is something to avoid at all cost, so we wanted to avoid that. Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance. In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.
    STS already made their decisions. So lets respect it and move on.

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Roninmoro

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm moving this thread to the Suggestions and Feedback subforum. General Discussion is not the right area for this, especially if you want it seen by devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froxanthar View Post
    STS already made their decisions. So lets respect it and move on.
    I actually see quite a flaw with their decision. AL will be long gone before all the para/eye gems are worked out

Arcane Legends Discord

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I don't mean to derail but are you just guessing about a new cap or is there an announcement that it's coming soon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Im not finding a clue about a gem cant be socketed into lv47 or higher ATM, but a noble jewel CERTAINLY has a description it can only be sockted into lv30 gear or above, about nekro case .. It is the same like u think about gem cant be socketed into 47+ gears ?. So i will take ur nekro and replace it with stampy bcoz nekro (if) were discontinued and too OP.
    Ur intention is too Subjective ppl earned that gems with hardwork too, are u saying that paying 50mil for 10 eyes isnt a hardwork ?.
    Someone with para is superior than another without para ? By HOW MUCH ? than having an arcane and not having arcane ? . PS we just make a spot on LB and one of us was NOT WEARING PARAGEM