Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks = Nurse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    The title itself "Tanks = Nurse" is an exaggeration to be honest and it just seems like a click-bait.

Warriors got a nice buff on their axe-throw skill not very long ago and now they again got their Juggernaut buffed , which will possibly break lowlevel twink pvp but that is for another topic.

You lost me at "tank wanting to be ranged DPS class".

And this game can go against anything it wants. We love this game and it has been around for more than 3 years now for a reason. And maybe that is why you are not still playing Pong.
    Why do so many people who reads my post not get the point.
    I am not asking for dps or damage that statement was purely sarcasm.
    As far as axe throw look what we gave up for it, my stats droped for that extra feature.
    I'm asking for a fair playing field is all.
    I think the game is awesome, but nothing is perfect.
    If we don't bring these issues up, they will never get fixed...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to geeman75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    You can't expect to "get your point" when you are being sarcastic without any real sarcasm. No eye rolls, nott even a "not".

Nott to mention you have been defending that point, contrary to this message.

The issues you are bringing up, imho seem haphazard and trivial.

Mythic set provides weaker stats to all the classes.

P.S.: I doubt anyone believes 'I was being sarcastic"lel.
    Tank issues aren't haphazard or trivial despite the not-so-subtle efforts on this thread to trivialize them. Everyone knows what issues a tank faces in PVE. Tank PVE relevance..that's what this thread is about. Whether he was sarcastic or not when asking for tanks to be converted into a damage class doesn't change the fact that the role of a warrior in pve needs a look into.

PS

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  75.3 KB
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-14-2015 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    How many mages use life giver in pve?
    Let me ask how many top level mages use shield in pve?
    The only 2 skills buffed were lifegiver and shield, both were pvp oriented buffs, that had little effect on pve. These buffs were essential to a mage not being comboed through shield.

As to tank pve relevance.
    The combo with 3 classes is honestly the best way to go. The straight up buffs, while may seem useful, would make sts have to slightly buff up the mobs to deal with the buffed players, thus running without the buff in a pug would become very very hard, but the combo would require coordination to pull of, and still provide a strong benefit.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Let me ask how many top level mages use shield in pve?
    The only 2 skills buffed were lifegiver and shield, both were pvp oriented buffs, that had little effect on pve. These buffs were essential to a mage not being comboed through shield.

As to tank pve relevance.
    The combo with 3 classes is honestly the best way to go. The straight up buffs, while may seem useful, would make sts have to slightly buff up the mobs to deal with the buffed players, thus running without the buff in a pug would become very very hard, but the combo would require coordination to pull of, and still provide a strong benefit.
    Not many pro mages I assume or you wouldn't have mentioned it but I do see a lot running with shield in random elites. You see I wouldn't know what pro mages use in elite cause I've never been invited to grind elites with them even though I have an endgame maxed gear warrior. In any case I'm not begrudging the mages their buff if most of them and STS agreed that it is necessary. Good on them for realizing the problems they were facing and getting STS to implement changes through forum discussion.
    Thank you for agreeing that the tanks and pve situation needs a look at and I agree with you that a class combo is the best way to go. It won't have any effect on pvp which is what most seem to fear and will make running with a tank necessary/beneficial again. I would rather mob numbers increase rather than buffing mobs cause the amount of one-hits to dps is too freaking high as it is Imo. Increased numbers would hopefully increase the value of bringing a tank along. This is all warriors want in the first place. No one wants to see 5-5 tank battles again in pvp rooms.
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-14-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Sheldon called me he said that spray doesn't work.

Also sprays don't have a "maximum strength", its not a death ray gun.

The only solace I find in this meme is Sheldon won't be seeing it.

This is what you said earlier, now it's "I was being sarcastic".

Kaythxbai
    I said that and I never said I was being sarcastic...geeman said he was being sarcastic when he mentioned making tanks a damage class..all warriors are not the same person even though we are all saying the same thing more or less. Do you have anything to say about the issue itself other than just calling the wrong people out? Any constructive feedback? Any reason as to why the tank class should not be buffed in pve?

Views: 267
Size:  62.8 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

If you were to read my earlier posts on this thread you wouldn't need to ask me these redundant questions and post troll memes.

Maybe you need to take a deep breath and read what people posting (fully) and then try to comprehend it(if you can).

Do you have anything besides to call everyone a troll? Do you have anything new to say besides what has already been discussed in a dozen threads.

There is a search function in the forums, good luck and have fun.
    I've read the posts on this thread and they seem to be driven by fear of tanks in pvp. Have u read what the warriors on this thread and all those threads u have mentioned are saying?
    Fine. Your not a troll and you really do have the warrior class' best interest at heart. What is ur solution to the tank pve problems?
    All you have mentioned on the actual subject of the thread in ur pervious threads is stated below. It seems to me that it may not be clear to you exactly why so many tanks are making threads. Let me summarize the problem. Tanks aren't required in any form of pve. It has nothin to do with pvp.
    Now. What's ur argument against a pve buff other than a seemingly irrational fear of tanks in pvp and classic D&D games? On one hand u don't want to shift, even slightly, from the quintessence of the original AL model, which fyi is based on previous classic D&D models, while on the other hand u lament the lack of originality of said games and predict their swift demise.
    What tanks fear is the that AL will go the way of these games, atleast as far as they are concerned, and it is already happening with lots of tanks quitting or making rogues/mages. The problems the warrior class is facing are real and trying to stop a Pve tank buff thread because of pvp fears is a short-sighted and overlooks the negative impact on the entire tanking community.

Your enjoyment,=asking for damagae on a class that is able to hold aggro constantly, provide an immunity shield to all of its allies, pull members towards it, provide itself with a newly implemented immortality skill. Yes please let's just provide the tanks with a nuclear arsenal so that they can rule how they used to in PvP. That will never be happening, never ever. Never ever ever. Ever.

Giving tanks damage isn't the way to see them implemented in timed runs, if tanks were given an aimed shot. Rogues=female warriors. This would forever destroy how AL has been played. Before you spew about some nonsensical D &D game that you played with preists and stuff, those D&D games never lasted long due to no exclusivity, nada originality of their game. I would rather nott go in the same direction as your "class D&D" class.
Views: 232
Size:  48.7 KB
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-14-2015 at 04:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

It might be based on D&D the same way Runescape is based on WoW lel...

There are aspects of AL you won't find in most MMOs, that and when you combine all the aspects of AL, daily quests, a world boss, monthly event(pfft if you count gauntlet as an event), craftin, the three classes(which are there in some RPGs and some nott, but nott having played any MMOs besides Runescape and wow(hated wow, its a week play of gameplay) and other rpgs like skyrim (was okayish idk what the hype was about, mods are fun but bored after of one time playign through the story, level 60-70 char with 95+ smithing, crafting daedric weapons made it booting).

I will stop talking about games since that would be derailing the thread.

What I proposed for warriors to be implemented in PvE runs would be obstacles. Obstacles like; the pools at Paracelsus or spots in maps where if all 3 classes are standing the object, maybe nott an obstacle in this case, provides a massive stat buff to all three classes standing there, imagine warriors healing with 1.5k damage. Pass crit to mages and you have the clock dot stacking to pretty much annihilate all mobs. The problem with such places is a laggy warrior. Let's say what will a rogue do if those Paracelsus-pool-like obstacles were one hitting rogues no matter what? A mage can get past with his shield and gale, a warrior can heal himself. A rogue is stuck there behind the pools having to wonder whether the 5 ankhs would be worth it.

Provide warriors with a stat buff for all around him but nott him in both PvE and PvP, no bugs please.
    Armour and crit or another immortality...

Then again this isn't a viable solution to the developers since there was no reply, I had even asked for more mobs at bosses for mages to have something to do make sure mages and warriors are required at boss. The three axes of warrior would mean the rogues are able to concentrate on the boss and nott the mobs which would be a waste of DPS. This might thereby speed up boss kills, having more mobs t bosses that is!

All of this drama could have been avoided if an old thread had been bumped by you.
    Survival isn't the issue for a warrior in pve imho. I rarely die in rengol elites and when I do I blame lag. Added immortality or survival won't help a tank get an elite party and it may make low lvl tanks more OP in pvp and no one seems to want that to happen, with good reason I suppose. Elites have mainly been about how fast you can get done with it. It is for this reason that tanks are dying from pve, figuratively not literally.
    What you are purposing is some sort class bonus for having all three classes on the same map. I'm not sure exactly what u mean by obstacles and a tank healing with 1.5k damage but it seems like a fun idea. Also I think one-hitting mobs actually hurt the tank class as much as they do the dps who get trapped in their red zones. No tank wants to see three dps die from a single bomb or via giant club. The tanks job is to protect and one-hitting mobs already make it very hard.
    If anything should be buffed it's bosses like u suggested. Rogues hardly need a tank to kill boss if they spread out over the map and this is another reason why they don't take tanks/mages along. If bosses were as hard as elite frostir used to be maybe tanks would be in demand again.
    Thanks for ur constructive feedback. There have been countless threads about the issues of the tank class with little to no moderator response. Bumping old threads just makes u look lazy and tanks are anything but lazy. This thread, in any case, was a continuation of the discussion from the now closed/moved juggernaut feedback thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You can't expect to "get your point" when you are being sarcastic without any real sarcasm. No eye rolls, nott even a "not".

Nott to mention you have been defending that point, contrary to this message.

The issues you are bringing up, imho seem haphazard and trivial.

Mythic set provides weaker stats to all the classes.

P.S.: I doubt anyone believes 'I was being sarcastic"lel.
    Ok first ty again for pointing out what you think is wrong so very nicely "Not".

Look I never said wars were the onlyones to take a stat nerf with new gear.

I responded to what "you" said is such an awesome thing and tbh that is debatable. When you factor in what we loss it really isn't all that great.

As far as the sarcasm I'm saying if they aren't going to give us a fair chance in pve then why not give us dps?

They buff mage (suport class) y'all get dps and crit, and a buffed heal that none use in maps.

Mage not using heals doesn't bother me what bothers me is you act as if wars are fine as they are...

I bet before mage got there buffs you wouldn't like someone bashing all your attempts at equality.

I realize my ideas may not be good for you and thats fine. I am not seeking your approval.... Thank you very much have a great day.... :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raxaxic View Post
    Let's just make the warrior class pets. We could summon them or dismiss them in the stable. They would be like a body guard for our characters.
    I love this one the best.... ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This. Before aegis nerfed, STS bring back a little fun to play with warrior again. Now i feel really tired, i think i am gonna quit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ucupduyeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ucupduyeh View Post
    This. Before aegis nerfed, STS bring back a little fun to play with warrior again. Now i feel really tired, i think i am gonna quit.
    Your not the only one bro all tanks feel this way.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Your not the only one bro all tanks feel this way.
    Yes we do. I don't have the energy or desire to make another end game toon after all the gold it took to make this one... Mats and gear are not cheap not to mention jewels... quitting has crossed my mind as well...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    Yes we do. I don't have the energy or desire to make another end game toon after all the gold it took to make this one... Mats and gear are not cheap not to mention jewels... quitting has crossed my mind as well...

I blame the warriors of AL. We have not been vocal enough on forums and that seems to play a huge part in what gets buffed or nerfed in game. As seen and mentioned on the aegis thread it even plays a part in which threads get moved where. If AL can see the overall outrage of all warriors on how they have handled these issues they may be less inclined to make huge changes to the warrior class based on what mages and rogues want and not what is best for the warrior class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Would love to see the thoughts of the pro tanks of AL. I am sure people like Maarkus, Ravager and Ardberg, just to name a few, understand tanking and the warrior class better than average nabs like myself. If you pros have some thoughts or suggestions I'm sure it will be to the benefit of the entire class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I think tanks must get a nerf on defense and a buff on damage... not to much because they still tanks but atleast for it does not be a "nurse"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielcabral View Post
    I think tanks must get a nerf on defense and a buff on damage... not to much because they still tanks but atleast for it does not be a "nurse"
    Same story, different name...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Wow you're good almost missed the fact you posted this on that troll thread of course it is bogus...

lol good try should have changed wording a little more...

I mean give me a break we already have a hard enough time in elites you want to nerf the only thing we have defense smh...
    Last edited by geeman75; 12-16-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

This is basically a thread about how endgame tanks aren't needed in Pve anymore. The fear-of-lvl7-tanks thread is the other one.
    Atleast you understand that the tank class has some major issues. More damage just to the warrior is a route I personally don't want STS to go down and it won't really help us. It will just make mages make more nerf warrior threads.
    Ways to give us pve relevance may include a class buff if all three classes present or increasing mob numbers/boss strength among others. With the aegis nerf and the juggernaut revision and roll-back (even though survival isn't really the issue in elites for tanks) things are worse than ever.
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-17-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I agree with alot of what OP is saying but I think making warriors a dmg/dps class is the wrong way to go.

Alot of the problem imo revolves around PvP. If sts for example buffed tanks hp and armor and gave them some kind of dmg reduction, the PvPers start whining - as we see with that 'nerf tanks' thread. STS need to decide if this is primarily a PvP game or a PvE game as trying to balance them together obviously doesn't seem to work.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Arkiouj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiouj View Post
    I agree with alot of what OP is saying but I think making warriors a dmg/dps class is the wrong way to go.

Alot of the problem imo revolves around PvP. If sts for example buffed tanks hp and armor and gave them some kind of dmg reduction, the PvPers start whining - as we see with that 'nerf tanks' thread. STS need to decide if this is primarily a PvP game or a PvE game as trying to balance them together obviously doesn't seem to work.
    Converting tanks to a dps class is something tanks don't really want. It is just frustration at the lack of relevance tanks feel in elite where everything seems to be about dealing damage and getting through the map as fast as you can.