Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks = Nurse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Hi Hustle,

My sincerest thanks for keeping up the fight to better the warrior class.

As for me i unfortunately gave up and lost faith in STS, thus i have not been posting as much as i used to. This is not due to not having opinions or wanting to better the class but due to STS negligence on acting on the appropriate comments on the forum. In short, ive said what i needed to say and waited 2yrs for appropriate responce for ingame changes and basically none happened - well something happned but for some reason it just never worked and STS keeps insisting they listen to our feedback but when they execute ingame changes it does not reflect the critical feedback that was posted.

In short, i firmly believe that STS, no matter what suggestion/feedback we post in the forums will only act on things that they want to, irregardless of what the community wants and how criticall the suggestion/feedback is, I may be wrong but for the warrior class this has been evident l.

So again, i sincerly thank you and all the others for keeping up the fight that i could not continue.

And to STS .... I said it once, you are inadvertenly causing Classism! It takes courage to accept it and until you accept it you will never be able to fix it.

And to Justg, yes, we had our differences and yes you even mentioned to me that you will look into and yes i send a follow up private email within the last 2 months to an email you sent me 8months ago... Guess what, the problem is still there.

In the end, i just accepted that i love this game, so i play it while accepting all its faults and i will keep playing it even if its faults are not recrified cos thats what commitment is and this is how many veterans think and act if STS ignores that then thats how it is.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus
    Brother your Classism thread was pure gold.
    I believe your absolutely right and the fact that noone from STS cared to comment on that thread in the months it was on the first page of general discussion proves the point. STS is aware of the issue they just choose to ignore it. I'm just hoping that by making and maintaining threads like this one warriors can atleast keep shoving the problem at them in the hope that change will come, one day.
    It will take a collective effort to make STS hear the voices of the frustrated Warriors of AL. Your an inspiration to us all. Just hoping to follow your example and hope more warriors do the same. Hope dies last

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Very simple:Warriors need to be able to keep threat.there is no need for all classes to have heals(there is only 3 classes!if there was more..then yeah,spread the love).Mage should have rev skill(even with ridiculous CD...).Rogues need...oh yeah,they got all they need right now,and more.All these new weapons adding certain things for Warriors are really neat and all but Warriors really can't run with any high end Rogues and mages(a few will obv.).People look at hard stats.Now ask yourself why.The ability to spam potions negatively affect Warriors(No need for a tank in most instances if you got gold/plat eh?)WARRIORS ARE WEAK.PERIOD.I LIKE THIS GAME OK BUT SINCE WHEN DOES A WARRIOR GET SHAFTED SO HARD IN A RPG(For Arcane Legends RPG stands for "Rogue playing game")?Only class to keep its specific individual specialities is the dps'er.WARRIOR NEEDS HIGH DAMAGE,enough with just basic dps stat...(Underline that 3times)!how can it be fair if only Damage value is dps/critical chance(warrior lacks both,but in normal games that's fine.)?Maybe you need to sit down a hour a day(few of your people)and play as a warrior(start at lvl 20..idc).Don't run it through your master client(w/e u wanna call it.)play on your phone,earn your Warriors equip and please tell me that's how you want yours to play.Run a full warrior party and then go do some runs(Rogues and mages can do it,why can't it be called out for a Warriors aspect?)Very very few people will want Warriors in their party(opps didn't mean plural,just 1).I have so much to say here and believe it or not,I do know what I'm talking about.

Dps is not really dps in most cases.Mage will be hitting many targets raising their " dps dramtically,along with their dot.Rogues spamming AS(look at the CD and then the great synergies it has..)will raise their dps dramtically, Warriors hit a few people at a time with very moderate to low overall damage output.(doesn't matter though!damage is just cute!).Their skills are so lackluster comparing to the two others.

Funniest thing:they try to raise the Warriors spirits by giving them the apps icon spotlight.Please remove that sts and put a rogue there...honestly...

10% increase(estimate) in overall warrior damage and a unbreakable party buff

Add " charged" to Rogues AS(the debuff synergy).
    must use correct weapon class for their skills. dagger skills using a bow and vice versa and ect.

Mage NEEDS revive and some sort of CC(crowd control).

Will this totally fix the game?no, but its a good start.

Let's ALL talk about how best to do this(details).GL to all Warriors!I'll run with you.

Add: Archonmage if you need mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Intous View Post
    Not only warrs are suffering.
    I've seen rogues leave when they see a mage
    No offense intended, this is a thread addressing the issues tanks have in the game.

In addition this has already been mentioned in this thread repeatedly.

I won't get into a debate with you, everyone knows that tanks have been neglected more than any other class.

Ty for reading my thread...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Any buff given to warriors to help the PvE situation will be shot down due to the PvP situation.

In 2016 to address the balance issue, STS really need to decide if this is primarily a PvE game like it was set out to be or if we are changing more towards PvP and if we are heading for this PvP orientated future then sadly it's adios warriors.

A parity between PvP and PvE is impossible without a complex 'spec' system, which AL doesn't have.
    For example Warriors having 1 spec with tanking skills and another spec with dps skills at the cost of some armor/hp.
    Last edited by Arkiouj; 12-23-2015 at 12:14 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

war just support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mutantninjaz View Post
    war just support
    Warrior is supposed to be first line of attack, how you figure we are supposed to be just suport.

They call us tanks because we are supposed to be able to take a hit and hold agro..

Rpg mmo 101...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Note:since we give this character the adjective "tank", I would assume a tank can take hits but also hit hard.with 3 classes only the support is split up between the three.ALL are support with tanks being the lackluster clump of coal.the low variability in stats on items cause bigger gaps in character statistics thus the warrior given the way math is done for AL,leaves them suffering. Warrior needs one GOOD skill,like AS or mages Clock.Warriors need something special to them(a skill or w/e,not more weapons).make it debuff armor so we can do Comparative damage to our peers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killian229 View Post
    Note:since we give this character the adjective "tank", I would assume a tank can take hits but also hit hard.with 3 classes only the support is split up between the three.ALL are support with tanks being the lackluster clump of coal.the low variability in stats on items cause bigger gaps in character statistics thus the warrior given the way math is done for AL,leaves them suffering. Warrior needs one GOOD skill,like AS or mages Clock.Warriors need something special to them(a skill or w/e,not more weapons).make it debuff armor so we can do Comparative damage to our peers.
    Exactly who ever heard of a tank that couldn't take a hit and hit back.

I won't mention other mmo rpg games, but this is the only one where a tank can't do either in pve maps.

This is only game where tank's aren't needed for endgame elite maps...

Last edited by geeman75; 12-24-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Well more of an example of classism.

Ran 4 random pug's in a row in event and all 4 had tanks only

Each time I ran with 3 different tanks...

I asked every time, why they wernt running with their guild mates, all said everyone wanted rogues....

Sad thing is most were from LB endgame guilds...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to geeman75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    Well more of an example of classism.

Ran 4 random pug's in a row in event and all 4 had tanks only

Each time I ran with 3 different tanks...

I asked every time, why they wernt running with their guild mates, all said everyone wanted rogues....

Sad thing is most were from LB endgame guilds...

Saddest thing is that this is being going on for ages (2 years and counting) and nothing has been done to change anything.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Saddest thing is that this is being going on for ages (2 years and counting) and nothing has been done to change anything.
    Well hopefully sts will take notice in upcoming year and do something...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

IMO they should make insanely hard maps so tanks will be needed in elite, and make them have good loot. That's one way to fix some of the pve problem. All maps now can be done with all rogues.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    IMO they should make insanely hard maps so tanks will be needed in elite, and make them have good loot. That's one way to fix some of the pve problem. All maps now can be done with all rogues.
    Only problem is the way we are geared...

I have full glintstone, and if I slip I can get one shot in elite ren by giants. ..

I do think maps geared to where a tank is needed is a good idea tho...

Last edited by geeman75; 12-28-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Yes, I feel like the one shot things need to be nerfed. If they can kill tanks with that much hp in one hit it's kind of unfair. I think they should have maps where every single mob is decently hard (like a little harder than planar tombs). Then, tanks would be needed.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yes, I feel like the one shot things need to be nerfed. If they can kill tanks with that much hp in one hit it's kind of unfair. I think they should have maps where every single mob is decently hard (like a little harder than planar tombs). Then, tanks would be needed.
    Yes also they move so slow they don't catch rogues or mages as much as they do tanks.

A rouge or mage can just stand back and attack.
    A tank has no choice but to be in there face, and when you ad in the insane stuns in ren we are stuck at times.

Tanks seem to get stunned more than any other class too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

There has been a lot of talk about gear (Glintstone) on some other threads.

This talk about gear has some legit complaints.

One example why should my stats drop when I upgrade gear?

It sometimes seems as if we are being down-geared and nerfed right out of existence.

Just saying...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    Only problem is the way we are geared...

I have full glintstone, and if I slip I can get one shot in elite ren by giants. ..

I do think maps geared to where a tank is needed is a good idea tho...

I agree ,here's an idea on an event . make an event ( don't have idea when or what for) that only allows one of each class to particapate . each has there roll to complete that boss.
    I'm sure this idea has been suggested ,I'm not that smart
    Just an idea to get warriors "needed" back in a group.
    Feel free to expand on this idea if it has some hope.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Also maybe make more mobs that can't be dodged.

There should've been a dodge cap somewhere along the way :/ 50% dodge means (theoretically) only every other hit actually hits you. That basically makes rogues tanks especially with their nice HP and armor.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I don't think you can dodge skill attacks, only works for auto attacks in PvP...

That being said there are there any skill attacks in PvE that can't be dodged? As a mage whenever I have the shield immunity I get a dodge no matter what, haven't really played a lot on rogues...

If PvE works like PvP mobs attack skills being undodgeable then you have your answer, if nott...

Leaving this thread b4 OP n lackeys call me a troll derailer. Lels
    I was talking about PvE, lol. You can dodge in PvE, though I'm not sure if you can do so for all attacks - some boss attacks can't be dodged I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I appreciate everyone trying to stay on topic...