Thread: Warriors Need Glintstone Back - Balance The Game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Glintstone Proc For Warrior Is Bugged - Please Fix

Skills for Warriors don't start up the shields like they used to, now only normal attacks start up the shields. This issue has halved Warrior's offensive output and Warriors really need it to stay relative in the metagame. I'm glad you guys fixed the issue where people swapped weapons and could still use the shields, but now when we use skills it doesn't start new shields, it just adds to ones we've already made. If you want to check it, use a skill on a mob, like Windmill, and you'll see you receive no shields from doing so, unless you attack them normally first. Please fix this issue.
    Last edited by HotStuven; 12-13-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Warriors request Glintstone Aegis Proc Back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I think the part where the glintstone weapon procs when skills are used was originally a bug.
    No other weapon in the game (That I know of), whether its warrior, rogue, or mage, procs on a skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It doesn't really "Proc" with skills, it actually adds up shields. Rogue and Mage procs are chance on hit; Warrior's have to build up shields in order for a proc. If they don't fix this (or rethink it), Warriors will be useless yet again..

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HotStuven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

In my opinion, Aegis procs should be able proc active even with skills. Because we need the charges and able to recharge it quickly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Froxanthar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

This explains how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by leaderofhorde View Post
    Hi all,
    this is my first post ever so basically i m a noob here so please go easy on me
    But i would like to say some things about the aegis proc. I checked the weapon in many different ways and here are my findings

# First to start the proc as many people have mentioned in thread u need to use auto-attack as skill attacks wouldnt start the proc.
    #HOWEVER once proc has started i.e the stacking of shields has begun, skill attacks DO contribute to further stacking of the shields until it finally explodes
    #Also remember how stacked shields when they explode and hit enemies, that too contributed to stacking which allowed the weapon the chain its proc? well now its a bit complicated, after stacking of 9 shields(the tenth one explodes) if u use skill attack, the shields simply explodes and no further stacking takes place, however if you use auto attack after stacking 9 shields, the shield explodes which on damage to enemies do contribute to further stacking and chaining of proc.

Hence are my observation, please correct me if any of them are wrong.

From my understanding this is probably a bug, for the way it works does not make sense. If so i would like to request sts to fix it as soon as possible, as runs would be much easier and faster as the proc as of the moment has very little value(or none so at all in elites).
    And if it is not a bug and the change is intentional please look into the matter once more sts, for the mythic weapons did help warriors get runs for we were able to tank and do damage for the first time as an endgame tank.
    Cheers and TY

This is the way he worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!

A video shows how it is.

I want to believe in these words. I hope this is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks for helping to surface the bugs in the new client. We know it can be stressful, but a lot of new stuff went into this latest client, and in an ever evolving game like this that often means that some bugs will slip through. A hotfix went out today to fix some of the most urgent ones and we will fix another batch in Thursday's update. Please understand that we never make "secret" game changes. You guys are way too perceptive and we value our transparency! So, if you see something that was not announced, it's more than likely a bug. Just let us know and (like today) we'll fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks!
    Last edited by soon; 12-11-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

So after using the Aegis weapon after the (proc fix). Sad to say the weapon is now utterly dissapointing. It really was fun before blowing everything up, running maps 10-15mins faster than before. Before aegis weapon - Elite Rockhorn solo took me about 25-35mins.. After aegis appeared i was doing elite rockhorn in 9-13mins. As you can see that is a huge jump and actually made using a warrior fun again. Sure the proc currently still allows for quicker dispersal of mobs. But now it is less effective and back to slow runs. Just when we have a good thing, it gets nerfed. Please bring the aegis back to how it was, minus the proc going to other weapons issue. (atleast). Im getting tired of only being usefull for clashes nowdays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

The damage on the shield explode also seems very less now. It does not clear the mobs in the km3 boss room anymore which it was doing previously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Warriors Need Glintstone Back - Balance The Game!

Every Warrior in the game is asking you, STS, to balance the game once more and revert Glintstone Aegis back to the way it was. Here's why: The best Warrior I've seen without Damage Elixir has 1000 Damage with Rage and Ollerus buffs. Even with his insane Damage, he does nothing in Elite maps and does worse than a Rogue with 700 Damage. The skills Rogues and Mages possess are far superior than Warrior's potential damage output. I understand Warrior's role as a tank, but no game has a pure tank roll. That's because, without enough damage, they aren't relevant to be able to solo and be considered balanced. Most Warrior roles have outstanding defenses and impressive damage outputs, but in AL, a Warrior's damage is half as good as either Mages or Rogues. Even maxed out Warriors aren't wanted in Elite runs because they slow the team down. Glintstone Aegis was perfect and balanced the game so that Warriors could be useful in Elite maps, just like Rogues. What's really frustrating is that we don't receive a reply from you, STS. What's the downside to giving Warriors back their Aegis? Are there any negatives/cons? Aegis isn't used in PvP, because it sucks, unlike the other two Glintstone weapons. There's no drawbacks to giving the game balance. It'll help the community as well as our fellow Warriors, since the weapon is only used in PvE. I'm really disappointed with the customer service and hope to see that you take action.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HotStuven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I couldn't have said it any better than you did. I'll just quote you cause apparently the reason tanks are complaining is because they don't like to work hard like the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuven View Post
    Every Warrior in the game is asking you, STS, to balance the game once more and revert Glintstone Aegis back to the way it was. Here's why: The best Warrior I've seen without Damage Elixir has 1000 Damage with Rage and Ollerus buffs. Even with his insane Damage, he does nothing in Elite maps and does worse than a Rogue with 700 Damage. The skills Rogues and Mages possess are far superior than Warrior's potential damage output. I understand Warrior's role as a tank, but no game has a pure tank roll. That's because, without enough damage, they aren't relevant to be able to solo and be considered balanced. Most Warrior roles have outstanding defenses and impressive damage outputs, but in AL, a Warrior's damage is half as good as either Mages or Rogues. Even maxed out Warriors aren't wanted in Elite runs because they slow the team down. Glintstone Aegis was perfect and balanced the game so that Warriors could be useful in Elite maps, just like Rogues. What's really frustrating is that we don't receive a reply from you, STS. What's the downside to giving Warriors back their Aegis? Are there any negatives/cons? Aegis isn't used in PvP, because it sucks, unlike the other two Glintstone weapons. There's no drawbacks to giving the game balance. It'll help the community as well as our fellow Warriors, since the weapon is only used in PvE. I'm really disappointed with the customer service and hope to see that you take action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

The aegis is broken and needs to be fixed even if just for pve. The same thing was done to the bulwark and the pavise before this. Even if you don't give tanks back all the damage atleast give us the armor and taunt back. Otherwise what's the use of the weapon? Atm it's in the hands of every endgame warrior in AL and we all feel cheated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

To me it looks like the whole thing was a trick played from the start.
    Aegis was intentionally given high dmg in the beginning to make it look like all glintstone weapons are new & powerful. The main reason being to maintain high plat sales due to the excitement of new weapons.
    The secret nerf, total lack of response & forum bans that people received for support of the aegis issue is absolute proof we were all tricked on day 1.
    Jugg was immediately buffed after to try to drive attention away from the aegis. It was then nerfed with reasons that the current client cannot handle it. The lags & crashes have still not gone....lolol. Respec scrolls were given free to keep noise on jugg nerf as low as possible.
    The most active threads in over a week have been the aegis issue but still nothing is being said despite seeing STS presence on other threads & announcements.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The weapon is suppose to have 10 shields explode but they don't explode at once, after stacking the shields you had to keep hitting for the shields to explode but now the proc explodes once if you hit with skill and dies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeah now proc so slight and soft hehe do not like the first time at the release of the very wow. I liked it very helpful in the war sts deadlock should not detract from the proc # savetankerlovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    To me it looks like the whole thing was a trick played from the start.
    Aegis was intentionally given high dmg in the beginning to make it look like all glintstone weapons are new & powerful. The main reason being to maintain high plat sales due to the excitement of new weapons.
    The secret nerf, total lack of response & forum bans that people received for support of the aegis issue is absolute proof we were all tricked on day 1.
    Jugg was immediately buffed after to try to drive attention away from the aegis. It was then nerfed with reasons that the current client cannot handle it. The lags & crashes have still not gone....lolol. Respec scrolls were given free to keep noise on jugg nerf as low as possible.
    The most active threads in over a week have been the aegis issue but still nothing is being said despite seeing STS presence on other threads & announcements.
    The lack of response makes it seem like they just want the issue to die down without having to take any responsibility. STS is a great company but they haven't been fair to the warrior class. The tank is out of the pve scene. That basically means u have to make a rogue or Mage to farm effectively now. This is classism. Either everyone gets to farm/solo elites or no one should be able to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This was brought to my attention earlier today, and I believe it is an unintended side effect from the fix for the bug related to the effect being active even after you equip a different weapon.

Long story short, there won't be a fix for this until next year as we are all out of the office for the most part. It is however, on my list of things to look into when I return. It was not our intent to "stealth nerf" anything, just to fix the bug that previously existed.

Apologies for the time it took to respond to this feedback.
    Just to clarify Developers are aware of the issue! Like Carapace said in the above post! Fingers crossed!