Thread: Warrior not holding Taunts/Aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Exclamation Warrior not holding Taunts/Aggro.

As the title suggest, this only seems to happen at the start of new mobs being pulled or mid fight, both Normal & Elite PvE.

Something that I've been observing when there is a mage in party, no matter how many taunt skills I'm currently using which is usually, Cs, Windmill, HoR & Jugg along with Glintstone Aegis of Toughness, a mage will always pull threat at the start of a fight (Mobs will run right past the warrior, with taunts active & target the mage) or during a fight with mobs the same issue applies.

Its frustrating trying to keep mobs bunched and a mage is running circles around, with mobs chasing after them. A small % of the time the taunts seems to work, in getting aggro back, but this shouldn't be how the taunting system works.

Your thoughts & observations?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Hue; 12-15-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

In my experience taunts last for a second only. Any damage mobs receive from dps complelety overrides any taunt. I have tried windmill CS SS and HoR and standing quite still and taking the damage. SS is better imo than jugg because of the short CD aoe stun and bleed. Helps with crowd control. You become a sticking duck and take a lot of avoidable damage but helps keep mobs bunched.
    Gotta really spam those health pots and on an average-geared tank be ready for that surprise one-hit. Only really worth it in an elite pt with 2-3 maxed rogues.
    The solution imo maybe an increase in taunt duration that overrides damage recieved. Maybe a 2 sec taunt on CS. Adding taunt to SS would be really cool too cause it's short cd helps a lot more than the once-every-45 sec taunt on jugg.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Hue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I honestly find it easier when a warrior without glintstone set is concentrating on one mob, even then you will loose the aggro of the high priority mob.

Sometimes it's easier for a mage to survive when the rogues and warriors finish off certain mobs in elite rengol.

The #1 reason I tend to run pugs is because I don't have a warrior in party. Sometimes I do duo a whole map with a friend or two but this takes quite longer than b4 especially without a warrior.

#secretbuff2rengolmobs
    Fair point. I can't stand randoms people get to slack or only half they party participates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    In my experience taunts last for a second only. Any damage mobs receive from dps complelety overrides any taunt. I have tried windmill CS SS and HoR and standing quite still and taking the damage. SS is better imo than jugg because of the short CD aoe stun and bleed. Helps with crowd control. You become a sticking duck and take a lot of avoidable damage but helps keep mobs bunched.
    Gotta really spam those health pots and on an average-geared tank be ready for that surprise one-hit. Only really worth it in an elite pt with 2-3 maxed rogues.
    The solution imo maybe an increase in taunt duration that overrides damage recieved. Maybe a 2 sec taunt on CS. Adding taunt to SS would be really cool too cause it's short cd helps a lot more than the once-every-45 sec taunt on jugg.
    Yeah, I don't know how long taunts are actually suppose to be up for, but whatever they are currently at like you said just isn't cutting it. I don't seem to have to much of a problem with a party of rogues though. But they are usually maxed players. It just the mages that cause mobs to split and chase after them, and I've never understood it! I do like the SS taunt idea, and I definitely agree its easier keeping em bunched so I don't see why not!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Its a public secret : mage is a taunt machine even without any taunting skill, HINT : LIFEGIVER