Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STG Is An Impressive Company

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default STG Is An Impressive Company

Hi STG,

We all love your games and how deeply supportive and responsive you are to the gaming community on forums. We appreciate you. However, you guys have yet to comment about the recent secret changes of the mechanics of the proc of the Glintstone warrior mythic weapon. All the warrior community ask is that you continue to show us you are a responsible gaming company who strives to be transparent and responsive to the gaming community. All we need is a response about this subject. Not asking for a change of the proc back to what it use to be ....even though it would be nice. Just want a response. Don't let your customers down.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 12-16-2015 at 01:21 AM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Come to the point you need 100000000g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hi STG,

We all love your games and how deeply supportive and responsive you are to the gaming community on forums. We appreciate you. However, you guys have yet to comment about the recent secret changes of the mechanics of the proc of the Glintstone warrior mythic weapon. All the warrior community ask is that you continue to show us you are a responsible gaming company who strives to be transparent and responsive to the gaming community. All we need is a response about this subject. Not asking for a change of the proc back to what it use to be ....even though it would be nice. Just want a response. Don't let your customers down.
    I'd have to agree with this post. +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

yep we really need a answer about that!! what happened to glinstone bulwark at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I sent support an e-mail and got a reply today. Chad said he's gonna tell his team to look into it. Hopefully the Glintstone Aegis works good again like it used to.

#warriorlife

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I sent support an e-mail and got a reply today. Chad said he's gonna tell his team to look into it. Hopefully the Glintstone Aegis works good again like it used to.

#warriorlife
    Great job bro!! Let's hope we get an answer soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

At least chad is good...not like other support who just replied with bot
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslaughter View Post
    At least chad is good...not like other support who just replied with bot
    Those generic templates doe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

The Glintstone Aegis was NOT "secretly" nerfed. STS doesn't secretly nerf anything, the real problem is that the information you need isn't easy to find on the forums. STS should have an information portal like a wiki or a constantly updated info/news index, but they don't.

This may help:
    Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    This is complicated. First, understand how the aegis works.

1- When you hit an enemy you gain a shield
    2- You need to hit 10 enemies to create an explosion
    3- Skill hits 3 enemies, even if they were made to hit 4 of them
    4- An explosion creates a new shield with 3 hits, provided you have enemies to it

What has changed after the update?

1- The first hit should be done with a normal attack, to gain a shield
    2- After that, you can use skill to increase the amounts of hit to generate the explosion
    3- If you have 9 hits and uses a normal attack, then the shield explodes and you get a new shield
    4- If you have 9 hits and uses a skill, the shield explodes and not get a new shield. We need to return to 1

The problem is at 1 and 4. You need to use normal attack not to break the fast chain of explosions. But this type of attack is very slow and has a short range.

If you are thinking this is very OP. Know that it was made this the beginning for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Niixed; 12-17-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    The Glintstone Aegis was NOT "secretly" nerfed. STS doesn't secretly nerf anything, the real problem is that the information you need isn't easy to find on the forums. STS should have an information portal like a wiki or a constantly updated info/news index, but they don't.

This may help:
    The nerf is real. All you have to do to see that is run wt4. Before the nerf average times for a tank soloing wt4 were 2:30-3 mins. After the nerf they jumped to 5 mins which is the same time u can run wt4 with a bulwark. Skills used to add to the proc before and they don't now. In elite maps this is even more evident.
    Every tank has experienced this or there wouldn't be so many threads and warriors saying the same thing. STS never mentioned they would fix this nor was it mentioned in the update or on forums.
    The only bug which was supposed to be fixed was the one that allowed people to switch weapons between hits and retain the aegis proc. there's skill-proc nerf was silent and made the aegis completely useless as far as holding taunt or doing damage goes. It already offered a very slight armor increase compared to bulwark.
    Everyone has read what carapace said about how the weapon is supposed to work. It doesn't work like this anymore. I'm not sure but I think he wrote that before they nerfed the aegis and not after. There has been no dev response since the nerf as far as ik.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

@Hustle

I'm saying that the "nerf" isn't a secret. I'm also saying it was not exactly a nerf... it was a bug correction. Then change was announced in the game update notes, so how can it be a secret??? A nerf is a deliberate and intended softening or weakening of the subject.

It is likely the original intended design was weaker than it should have been. It feels like a nerf because the non-bugged version sucks compared to the bugged version, but the nerf wasn't deliberate. I agree that the aegis should be changed so that it works more logically and intuitively (buffed?!?!).

If you still don't understand what I'm saying.... then I'm at a loss on how to explain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

@Hustle

I'm saying that the "nerf" isn't a secret. I'm also saying it was not exactly a nerf... it was a bug correction. Then change was announced in the game update notes, so how can it be a secret??? A nerf is a deliberate and intended softening or weakening of the subject.

It is likely the original intended design was weaker than it should have been. It feels like a nerf because the non-bugged version sucks compared to the bugged version, but the nerf wasn't deliberate. I agree that the aegis should be changed so that it works more logically and intuitively (buffed?!?!).

If you still don't understand what I'm saying.... then I'm at a loss on how to explain.

Yeah im aware it was a bug fix. Skills weren't supposed to chain proc it wasn't how they originally designed the aegis to work. I am aware that this weakened version was what they originally intended for the warrior class and that is not acceptable. A weapon with not enough armor now doesn't even proc. it was because of the bug that the aegis was actually useful in maintaining taunt which was the intention behind the weapon. With the bug fix/nerf it doesn't work at all. STS informed warriors about fixing the changing weapon bug but didn't say anything about fixing this second bug. By fixing the second bug they nerfed the aegis considerably. That's what's aggravating because it wasn't necessary. Even if they didn't intend for skills to proc taunt the bug actually helped the aegis perform its role much better than the original design. As this gave warriors temporarily relevance in elites and pve, in general, Warriors are a little annoyed it was so suddenly taken away relegating the class back to obscurity.
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-17-2015 at 03:12 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Yeah im aware it was a bug fix. Skills weren't supposed to chain proc it wasn't how they originally designed the aegis to work. I am aware that this weakened version was what they originally intended for the warrior class and that is not acceptable. A weapon with not enough armor not doesn't even proc. it was because of the bug that the aegis was actually useful in maintaining taunt which was the intention behind the weapon. With the bug fix/nerf it doesn't work at all. STS informed warriors about fixing the changing weapon bug but didn't say anything about fixing this second bug. By fixing the second bug they nerfed the aegis considerably. That's what's aggravating because it wasn't necessary. Even if they didn't intend for skills to proc taunt the bug actually helped the aegis perform its role much better than the original design. As this gave warriors temporarily relevance in elites and pve, in general, Warriors are a little annoyed it was so suddenly taken away relegating the class back to obscurity.
    Thank you for this... you helped me understand the situation from a warrior's perspective much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Thank you for this... you helped me understand the situation from a warrior's perspective much better.
    Thank you for your posts too bro. A healthy discussion is what is best for tanks cause it helps everyone understand each other instead of going off in tangents.
    I'm not the best at game mechanics and all that, from your posts u seem to understand them better than I can. Personally I don't even mind the loss of damage, that's not a tanks job. The loss of taunt/armour feels worse. STS realized that Warriors couldn't maintain taunt well enough and that was why they released the aegis with the taunt proc. however, as it is a proc that is based on stacking hits and not chance, every bit helps. In elite it's almost impossible to keep auto attacking mobs and you usually don't even manage to hit 3 at once with normal attack. All these factors combine to make the aegis a pale shadow of what it used to be when it was first released.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hi STG,

Agree.
    +1

11 chara.....

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This was brought to my attention earlier today, and I believe it is an unintended side effect from the fix for the bug related to the effect being active even after you equip a different weapon.

Long story short, there won't be a fix for this until next year as we are all out of the office for the most part. It is however, on my list of things to look into when I return. It was not our intent to "stealth nerf" anything, just to fix the bug that previously existed.

Apologies for the time it took to respond to this feedback.
    Last edited by Carapace; 12-18-2015 at 06:16 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This was brought to my attention earlier today, and I believe it is an unintended side effect from the fix for the bug related to the effect being active even after you equip a different weapon.

Long story short, there won't be a fix for this until next year as we are all out of the office for the most part. It is however, on my list of things to look into when I return. It was not our intent to "stealth nerf anything", just to fix the bug that previously existed.

Carapace to the rescue!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Long story short, there won't be a fix for this until next year as we are all out of the office for the most part. It is however, on my list of things to look into when I return. It was not our intent to "stealth nerf" anything, just to fix the bug that previously existed.

Thank you cara. As long as STS is aware and will look into the issue we can wait. Happy holidays.