Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBB - Bow Bear Berserker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hmm the way i see it, you're the one looking at the small picture. Pure dex is a lot limited compared to dualspec.

I'm on mobile so can't post Long so i'll just bring up some points.

-you can still use your talom set up with dual

-the 67 hp increase actually benefits a talon tank more than a reular tank because talon sets have lower def.

-anything you can wear/do as pure dex you can also do in dual. But not everything a dual can do, you can do. Ao with that i'd say dual is the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Elly... Dont look at the small things focus at the bigger picture. Skill build, tactics, party task. Dual spec kinda defiles the whole idea behind bow - the range. The moment u use str gear u're just a tank, and my idea was to retain ur range and offensive capabilities even when u use the defensive setup (like senti talon set for tanking - good damage and defenses without losing ur range factor dramatically). STR gear kinda pins u down in one place while with ranged gear u can kite to prevent many of those hits from landing which combined with bear skills is basically ninja-like-state. Given a choice I always go for range. Unless bear gets Biotic charge from Mass Effect 2.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You dont need massive armor on regular mobs of monsters, 130 armor on senti talon is enough for sewers to make monsters hit you for their "minimum damage." Talons have already low damage -17 damage can often mean like 20% effective damage reduction. Is it worth for the 10% health pool bonus? As I like pure dex cuz I kite a lot - elusive ninja style. I tried different spec, equip combinations and dual spec with talon set kinda suck, imho the only reason of going dual spec is for the str sets, otherwise it's just a waste of damage.

Ruthlesskill Bear/Warrior LvL76/15 (PL/AL)
    Viciouskill Mage/Sorcerer LvL76/15
    Mercilesskill Dex Bird LvL67

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Great read.

Keep the updates coming.

Late,
    fncrazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice guide. I have my skills set up the same way xept with evade as 6 and iron blood as 5. This is better IMO because i like dodge over armor and evade
    lasts longer than iron blood along with a shorter cool down.
    IGNs: Caninusi (61) polar bear | Aquilaii (58) eagle | Nervai (55) elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is a pretty good and versatile skill setup. Also I have to agree that good dodge>armor - it is better not to take damage at all than take less damage... Yet some ppl still use fortified set... even though it's massive armor is useful only on boss or in pvp (and in pvp I'd still prefer a good armor mix with good damage, crit, dodge, armor, h/s, hit and some m/s, not just pure armor and h/s)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It is a pretty good and versatile skill setup. Also I have to agree that good dodge>armor - it is better not to take damage at all than take less damage... Yet some ppl still use fortified set... even though it's massive armor is useful only on boss or in pvp (and in pvp I'd still prefer a good armor mix with good damage, crit, dodge, armor, h/s, hit and some m/s, not just pure armor and h/s)
    It's true, dodge is much better than armour since you don't take any damage at all. IF it works though, that's the main reason for people who prefer high armour, IMO.

Fortified works well, I use one, since armour is always consistent, it doesn't need to rely on luck to reduce damage. It also has a really good damage boost to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Fortified works well, I use one, since armour is always consistent, it doesn't need to rely on luck to reduce damage. It also has a really good damage boost to it
    This is the main reason for preferring dual spec to pure dex; not only the slight advantage in health and dodge by stat, but also the BIG advantage in dodge and armor given by STR sets. I use a less expensive Royal Sewer / Fury sword / Bellow's shield set for tanking and I have 37 dodge unbuffed. But most of time I run around with my RR talon/wing set (working on my Custom Recurve...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just showing how my bear looks like now xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

just showing how my bear looks like now xD

Thought you were saying how pure Dex bears are good, then you turned out to be a dual-spec bear...

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This topic was made a year ago (took a break), bow bears still rule but the point of this topic was mostly to explain basic skills, tactics and show that pure dex is a very viable option. It was the days when 95% of bears were scatter bears and I felt a need to share my insight and build. Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

This topic was made a year ago (took a break), bow bears still rule but the point of this topic was mostly to explain basic skills, tactics and show that pure dex is a very viable option. It was the days when 95% of bears were scatter bears and I felt a need to share my insight and build. Cheers
    Hmm.. I see, sorry for misunderstanding. Great job though.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose