Thread: More character name customization through upper/lower case letters and (maybe) spaces

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default More character name customization through upper/lower case letters and (maybe) spaces

What are your comments on being able to use upper AND lower case letters and (maybe, but doubtful) spaces in your character name?

Take for example Ellyidol = EllyIdol = Elly Idol = Elly idol.

I'm hesitant on spaces in names because of the potential identity issue, Elly Idol and EllyIdol are pretty close hence quit easy to manipulate, big CS problem right there.

But what about upper/lower case letters? It'd add more customization in character names, IMO. Would also make more names that wouldn't look "good" in all upper case letters to be available.

Would add a "First name, last name" aspect to your character. To name a few,

Moogerfooger = MoogerFooger
    Doubletime = DoubleTime
    Masterhoon = MasterHoon
    MRIDGAF = MrIDGAF

I know it'd bring up issues of names like HeLlO (Hello) or LlILllI (LLILLLI), but after all, if people find it hard to message your name because of that kind of name, your loss and your problem.

One more good point by Les,

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Only thing I would mention is that even if upper/lowercase is flexible, there should only be ONE name with those letters. So you don't have EllyIdol and ELLYIDOL AND Ellyidol all running around. (O&C was maybe a bit TOO lax on names, whereas PL is too stiff).

Only downside I see to this would be reporting players via /report as it would be harder to see and type names like those.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 06-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Only thing I would mention is that even if upper/lowercase is flexible, there should only be ONE name with those letters. So you don't have EllyIdol and ELLYIDOL AND Ellyidol all running around. (O&C was maybe a bit TOO lax on names, whereas PL is too stiff).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Definitely agree! Will add that in, if you don't mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Spaces would be kind of strange cause i think of these as 'your' NAMES
    When there is too much

Don't forget