Thread: Question regarding this upcoming game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question regarding this upcoming game

I just watched this game play video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuyCOdwtvdk

then I found that the interfaces, game play, contents of this game are so similar to PL
    examples:

My question is, as it is similar to PL, why do I have to play this game if I'm currently playing PL. Or why do I have to continue playing PL if I decide to play this game? This might effect both games.

Anyway, that's just my question because we don't see much information about this game at the moment and I thought this would be a completely new game experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You don't HAVE to play either one. Yes, the mechanics are the same and some of the game play, but there are different aspects to B*. For example, strategy is required for certain bosses and to access rooms. Ie...u have to be a certain class to open this door or a higher level of another class to get through, random chest spawnings, things like that.

It's bound to be similar due to it being the same company, but they are trying to implement things that are specific to each game.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Now that video rocked dude i cant wait to play it

there will be many differences between the two games
    the only reason the interfaces are similar is so that we are familiar with it and know what we are doing
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    You don't HAVE to play either one. Yes, the mechanics are the same and some of the game play, but there are different aspects to B*. For example, strategy is required for certain bosses and to access rooms. Ie...u have to be a certain class to open this door or a higher level of another class to get through, random chest spawnings, things like that.

It's bound to be similar due to it being the same company, but they are trying to implement things that are specific to each game.

Well, did you ever play ao3? doesn't it require strategy for each boss? what about bs?

What I wanted to say is STS spent a lot of time and work on SL development and it now looks like PL, at least for me

I like PL but was hoping SL would be a new game experience too

Does it make sense if they both are too similar!!

Maybe I expect too much.
    Kids, please.
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Ok i understand some of your point but these have new strategies new skills new WEAPONS newBOSSS. Newer STRATEGY!!! new haracters!!! New custizamation new mobs!! New fighting style its GUNS new ARMOR more complexeity cause of the doors i could go on bout im to lazy to even write laz
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h View Post
    Well, did you ever play ao3? doesn't it require strategy for each boss? what about bs?

What I wanted to say is STS spent a lot of time and work on SL development and it now looks like PL, at least for me

I like PL but was hoping SL would be a new game experience too

Does it make sense if they both are too similar!!

Maybe I expect too much.
    didnt you read the latest press articles about Starlegends
    there is going to be puzzles that all members of a party have to participate in and certain charicters have certain key abilities.
    i suggest that you have a good read of the latest e3 press and it will become clear how different the games are.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Ok i understand some of your point but these have new strategies new skills new WEAPONS newBOSSS. Newer STRATEGY!!! new haracters!!! New custizamation new mobs!! New fighting style its GUNS new ARMOR more complexeity cause of the doors i could go on bout im to lazy to even write laz
    And PL will also have new bosses, gears, map, features, new strategies.... I can tell you more if you want

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    didnt you read the latest press articles about Starlegends
    there is going to be puzzles that all members of a party have to participate in and certain charicters have certain key abilities.
    i suggest that you have a good read of the latest e3 press and it will become clear how different the games are.
    Yep, I did, you want me to read it for you?

There are also some people having same question, why don't you tell them!

anyway we will see what it's going to be soon
    Last edited by j46g629h; 06-12-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Kids, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think you're just looking at the overall similarities between the two and if you do that then u minus well compare all MMO games. What makes them different is their overall THEME. U could argue that gameplay is standard across the board, you have the levels with bosses, and your objective is to get to the main boss, u can collect rare gear, be a certain class to access specific skills, etc.

To really see the differences you have to look beneath the obvious. Yes, the devs will continue to update PL with new campaigns, bosses, gear, etc, but that doesn't mean that it will be updated with THE SAME EXACT THING as B*. B* will have their own things that make them unique while PL will continue to have theirs.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    I think you're just looking at the overall similarities between the two and if you do that then u minus well compare all MMO games. What makes them different is their overall THEME. U could argue that gameplay is standard across the board, you have the levels with bosses, and your objective is to get to the main boss, u can collect rare gear, be a certain class to access specific skills, etc.

To really see the differences you have to look beneath the obvious. Yes, the devs will continue to update PL with new campaigns, bosses, gear, etc, but that doesn't mean that it will be updated with THE SAME EXACT THING as B*. B* will have their own things that make them unique while PL will continue to have theirs.

Maybe you are right,

hopefully it won't be just some new features comparing with PL

Again, as I said, we will see what it will be

PS: it's now named as Star Legend not Blackstar
    Kids, please.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Another thing Star Legends will have that Pocket Legends doesn't is veichles. STS said that after the game comes out they will have a update adding veichles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

What are veichles?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just watched this game play video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuyCOdwtvdk

My question is, as it is similar to PL, why do I have to play this game if I'm currently playing PL. Or why do I have to continue playing PL if I decide to play this game? This might effect both games.

Anyway, that's just my question because we don't see much information about this game at the moment and I thought this would be a completely new game experience.
    I'm disappointed the art style has changed from this:

to the above tbh... really liked the above^.

I guess it will be cool if the customization is loads tho??

RE: OP

Both games use the Spacetime Engine so going to be similarities and it's sorta advantageous to the devs because they can add new things in SL that PL does not have then put those back into PL and so on with future titles. That's the reason why the devs are doing this.

However as a player is that ok?

It's good because you are familiar with the general way these games play so easy to get into. But could be bad if not enough differences ie just a reskin is going to fool no-body.

So, I think great question from OP.

We have been told that the big differences will be:

1. MUCH more story (already planned 1.5yrs worth of content) ie BIGGER preproduction of the IP: lore, world, races etc...
    2. MORE customization of characters
    3. ADDED environmental gameplay: traps, puzzles, class-specific interactions eg doors, turrets, console-hacking etc
    4. BETTER PvP because it is designed straight-away.
    5. Potentially ground combat & space combat although no guarantees
    6. DIFFERENT skills: Combat is still touch-tap but it is different mechanics eg GCD on skill-sets.

eg cinco on combat and droidgamers:

While the user interface is different from that of Pocket Legends, it is really easy to pick up and get the hang of.
    So I think B* will deliver in several ways, but also will be very similar nonetheless.

But as above gutted the art direction has changed. Although the footage is pre-beta build so..........
    Last edited by ratava; 06-12-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well, at least it'll be free, so you can try it out and if it doesn't hold your attention, don't spend any plat on the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Another thing Star Legends will have that Pocket Legends doesn't is veichles. STS said that after the game comes out they will have a update adding veichles.
    Do you mean "mount"?
    Kids, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Do you mean "mount"?
    It's far too early to even talk about this... but I'll do my limited-info best.

You have ground combat atm only. In the future, it's possible due to the nature of the game engine to add spaceships that your ground avatar turns into. Won't go into specifics all that needs saying is: Devs have hinted if all goes well in b* it is possible to add this later. So it's not mounts but a second type of gameplay as feature rich as ground combat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats where alot of people are being mistaken. Star Legends and a total different game then pocket legends. Only the gameplay and layout is the same. For example i play ps3 and lets say infamous...infamous 2 is comepletely different then the firsy but the controlls are pretty much the same

and you could play which ever you want
    fyi the amount of plat you have in pl will be in sl and visa vorsa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Ok heres my two questions, since Star Legends is coming out im afriad ill lose all my good friends just in case i dont like Star Legends and i dont play and they like quit PL i would hate have to start all over with no friends

IGN: Hawkbby, Hawkbb, Magehawk
    Hi, I play PL, hopefully to be active here. Make every moment last, don't waste it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's a valid concern, but I think with the success of one will always draw more attention to the other. I will probably always play both, but maybe on alternate days or something.

Back to the OP, yes, there are similarities. It's the same engine running both and I imagine when Vampires/Cowboys/World War 2 or whatever other theme comes out, we will recognize most of it. But like others have said, this is a starting point and how Star legends takes off from here will probably more greatly differentiate it, i.e. space battle with vehicles. Who knows, maybe mechs will come along down the road.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue