Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: founder helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    Oh but it does, since u are included in those "people fighting over pixels." It seemed like you were trying to twist the context in which it was said which is why I provided the clarification.
    Hey bro, go cry some more over 5 armor.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Yes, we could have complained as it is our right as consumers of their BRAND, would anything have been done, who knows. But again, to me it speaks volumes on the attitudes between the different platforms. I own both, don't know if I would even get a helm on Droid if the situation were ever reversed again, but agree that Droid users have valid points and this is a forum - let those that just learned of the helm the opportunity to vent. Trust me, I don't want to see these threads because the divisiveness they caused turned me off to PL for a bit, but it's here, so I'm commenting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Hey sis

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    Hey bro, go cry some more over 5 armor.
    What part of my comment got you thinking this was to start a troll or flame comments?

Oh, why don't u take that silver spoon that mommy and daddy gave you and replace it with a better attitude?
    Last edited by kallima; 06-14-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What part of my comment got you thinking this was to start a troll or flame comments?

Oh, and hey sis - why don't u take that silver spoon that mommy and daddy gave you and replace it with a better attitude?
    It's not that particular comment of yours, it's all your whining about 5 armor. If us Apple users didn't spend the money we did on this game at the begining, it probably never wouldn't even be on Android. Nightarcher made a good point, I think you're forgetting that Android users were the only ones eligible to recieve the droid costume. In fact, I'm suprised somone hasn't complained about the awesomeness of the droid costume, and don't forget all the antennae and promotions that were related to the Android release.

Edit: You know what, it's not even 5 armor, it's 4 if you already use a vanity helm, easily obtainable for free.
    Last edited by Slush; 06-14-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It's not that particular comment of yours, its all your whining about 5 armor. If us Apple users didn't spend the money we did on this game at the begining, it probably never wouldn't even be on Android. Nightarcher made a good point, I think you're forgetting that Android users were the only ones eligible to recieve the droid costume. In fact, I'm suprised somone hasn't complained about the awesomeness of the droid costume, and don't forget all the antennae and promotions that were related to the Android release.
    When did I even whine about 5 armor, don't mistake others posts for mine, I could care a whit less about the armor, I PVP very little so it doesn't matter. The point that Les has been trying to make and many others is that vanity items should remain vanity items, I don't know if the Droid costume has any stats but I doubt it does. Again as far as money is concerned, android users have netted more income for PL than apple so the point is moot.

Oh, and I apologize for editing my post with an equally cruddy comment so I will re-edit again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Oh, why don't u take that silver spoon that mommy and daddy gave you and replace it with a better attitude?

P.S.figure out that puzzle of DanielRH's yet? Didn't think so.
    I have better things to do in my life then figuring out a puzzle from a forum for a phone game.
    Edit:Ok, listen, I came off a little harsh there, but I'm sick of all these people moaning about 4 armor, and thats what it's about, read the first post again. People are still complaining after 2 months.
    Last edited by Slush; 06-14-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Just checked my stash and whoopie I got one.

Now, on a more serious note.

Is it really about the entitlement or is it the fact that the hat has stats on it? Which are two very different things to be complaining about.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I really don't think it's a matter of Apple vs Android. Sure, it has a little part in it as Android didn't have the app at the beginning, but many of the people on iDevices didn't get one either.

PL is about connecing people in an online MMO, and I think that last paragraph was very unwise in that it divides the community in half. Who cares what phone you have? If anything, Droids users should be honored that a special line of antenna vanities were made welcoming them into the game. Had it been originally an Android app, things would be a lot different. So judge based on the person, not a large sweeping generalization.
    Well said, and yes I agree, no one, including myself should generalize but the community has been divided in half since the founders helm came out, re-read the all the previous threads in relation to them. It was divided among the "haves and have-nots" which essentially is apple vs Droid, I should not have continued the correlation into this discussion. The divisiveness turned me off to PL when the argument started so I am just going to abstain from commenting further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Is it really about the entitlement or is it the fact that the hat has stats on it? Which are two very different things to be complaining about.
    Some people are complaining about entitlement, most people are complaining about the stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Last comment, for me it's the entitlement - for others it's the stats. But again, I said from day one, whatever the devs decide I will support, so I am muting myself on this topic henceforth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I have better things to do in my life then figuring out a puzzle from a forum for a phone game.
    Edit:Ok, listen, I came off a little harsh there, but I'm sick of all these people moaning about 4 armor, and thats what it's about, read the first post again. People are still complaining after 2 months.
    We good Slush, I reacted poorly so deserved it. Let's all just farm pinks and forget about it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Some people are complaining about entitlement, most people are complaining about the stats.
    Exactly... its two very different issues.
    / oh hai~!
    /

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Last comment, for me it's the entitlement - for others it's the stats. But again, I said from day one, whatever the devs decide I will support, so I am muting myself on this topic henceforth.

Well, I see the entitlement in this way.

The early players contributed a lot to the game. As a community, as testers, as a player base. PL started off small. So small we got rid of Fnord due to lack of players.

And now PL is successful, booming, with lots of new players coming in all the time.

And I think this "founder helm" is simply a way to say, thanks for supporting us.

Are we entitled to the founder's helm? No. We're not. Its not an entitlement. Its a gift from the devs. As simple as that.
    / oh hai~!
    /

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well, I see the entitlement in this way.

The early players contributed a lot to the game. As a community, as testers, as a player base. PL started off small. So small we got rid of Fnord due to lack of players.

And now PL is successful, booming, with lots of new players coming in all the time.

And I think this "founder helm" is simply a way to say, thanks for supporting us.

Are we entitled to the founder's helm? No. We're not. Its not an entitlement. Its a gift from the devs. As simple as that.
    well said

i dont see this thread going anywhere.. if the devs wanted to do somthing about it they would have done something by now..

ive been gone for a long time.. there plently of things ive missed out on.. droid antennas, costumes, buttons ... all the winter stuff.

doesnt matter how much i complain im not going to get any of those things. which is fair enough.

if someone uses the founder helm in pvp.. just kindly ask them to unequip it or pvp against some1 else if it bothers you that much >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread and I won't. Since I was awarded a Founder's Helm, I've been strongly on the pro-helm side. And do you know why? No, not because I have one.

I agree with the Developers' decision to make the helm very selective and have a slight advantage, because otherwise it's nothing special.

When people say "it's not fair," you have no logical argument. The Devs set a requirement to be obtain the item in a game they made, so the only "unfair" thing would be giving it to someone who did not meet said requirement.
    In that case, why did they remove the GoA stats?
    I'm not a GoA, but it is extremely illogical.

I'm tired of arguing.
    The devs don't seem like they will make changes. I'm off this bandwagon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

man i really need to stay on this thread... you forgot the argument on purpose. It is a vanity item, it should just be left as such. (i guess it is a offshoot of stat argument, but not for gameplay reasons)
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Meh...people who got founders helms were here from the start and had to put up with a laggy, bug filled, practically beta-like PL. Most others walked into the game it is now, or a similar one. "We" kinda helped PL build up and get started. It's a reward, and a special, rare one at that.

Edit:

Or before play existed. Weren't campaigns like 3.99? Or 4.99? Maybe they were more. I know kraze remembers the prices. Items from the store was like 2.99 a pop. Prices were very expensive. I'm not gonna sit here and say that they don't give any advantage, but honestly, it doesn't effect much. I'll PvP with or without my founders helm, it's a town item ATM, looks lame on my mage and bird, I use it on my mule, but none of the twinks. I dont need it. As said before, people kill me with or without it on, and vice versa. You can't ever please everyone, the helm was given to players who have been dedicated to the game for over a year and counting. Honestly, they can take away the stats, or leave em, but at least make it look cooler to give it more exclusiveness. Look at the PL shield, before it had 20 armor, no one complained. It was debuted in may(?) of last year, Haroldiv and Sandcrabkilla won the first ones. Level 19 twinking came around and Harold used it. The shield had 17 armor and 20 Health (I believe) and little or no people complained. Why? Bcause he earned it, it was the devs choice, harold owned most with ir without it. I may be biased since I have one, but honestly, I don't think it matters a whole lot. I can be a real hypocrite but I do stand by this.
    I remember paying 5.99 for a map pack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I remember paying 5.99 for a map pack
    Highest I ever paid was 20 Plat. 3 bucks ish.

What map was that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I can't remember which pack it was early on just before plat store conversion. Maybe balefort....I just remember picking up an awesome green int weapon with my bird and there was no trading or stash so I had to respec to use it. Oh how I miss fnord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I wish I had the link, but Droid users have netted and provided more income to PL than apple users period. The bottom line should speak for itself. And from everything I have read of Phys and his helpful posts, I think he would agree with Les, actually I think he has stated that, if I can find the link I will edit and insert.
    Physiologic would probably just point out that this is why he didn't PvP. In its current state, the founders helm is basically equal to a ring (which can be bought with plat). No biggie in PvE or level cap PvP, but at low level twinks ... as mentioned before, a pretty big deal.

I told myself I would not comment further on this topic, as it is the Devs decision and I will support it (as it is not my decision to make) but the entitled attitude that most apple users have make me sick. It didn't help that Droid users were subjected to a roller coaster ride with the announcements of "Droid users are ineligible, then they were eligible, and finally not eligible again."
    +1

I should remind iOS users that it's entirely possible that PL could have launched on Android and evolved into the successful game that it is today, only to be later ported to iOS. Despite everything that's happened and the fact that both platforms have interacted for months, I still get the overwhelming perception that many iOS users have a feeling of superiority over Android users that seems entirely unjustified. Sometimes in games, when people ask what phone you have, I've noticed that the iOS and iPad users automatically treat you as inferior because you have an Android user.