We know that people want to express themselves. What better way to do that, than via a nifty signature underneath your posts - especially one that is an image.
Users can now upload images to use for their signature. To do this, go to the "Settings" link, found in the upper right hand corner (where you log in). Once on the Settings page, go to "Edit Signature".
Signatures have the following restrictions:
- You must have posted 3 posts before you can upload an image to use as a signature
- 100 pixels tall maximum
- 500 pixels wide maximum
- 15 kb total file size maximum
- As per the Forum Rules: "Signatures that are overly annoying, disruptive or in Spacetime Studiosí sole discretion found to be in poor taste will be removed."
These restrictions are necessary for a couple of reasons.
- The post count is to slow down potential spammers or advertise who use free accounts on the forums to try and be annoying. This gives us, the forum Admin's and Mods, time to whack them with the ban hammer.
- The dimension restrictions are to keep the forums easy to browse. We'd prefer that threads have more to read than just a bunch of really bit signature images.
- The file size is to keep the forum loading quickly, especially for low bandwidth users (like someone browsing on a mobile phone over a cellular connection). If you have trouble fitting your custom signature into a 15 kb or smaller file, try using some higher compression .JPG settings.
As always, we encourage your feedback. Please let us know how you feel about this implementation of Forum Signatures. Have fun with them!