Thread: what decides there price!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default what decides there price!

I dont know what decides the price

2014 lb vanities(winter) mage-(11m-13m) warrior(,13m-16m) ( rouge, 23-24m)

But haloween vanities cost mage-(7.5m-8m) , warrior - (8-9m) rouge (6.5-7m)

Both are equal in numbers why does their price differs

I wonder does some one buy a vanity for such a price! Icant even afford red arlor

The price may be based on look but its ok with medusa for which ice spirit is better than it

But frank and yeti looks cool they r cool at their own theme

Same in case of ghost and ice golem for me golem looks bulk and ugly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Rarity in terms of supply, I guess.

Also, the total supply may be in equal numbers, but what about the actual circulating supply? Some of the winter sets were owned by players that have long quit or were banned. Reducing supply is a way to increase market prices.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

But haloween event was first ! Then was the winter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post
    I dont know what decides the price

2014 lb vanities(winter) mage-(11m-13m) warrior(,13m-16m) ( rouge, 23-24m)

But haloween vanities cost mage-(7.5m-8m) , warrior - (8-9m) rouge (6.5-7m)

Both are equal in numbers why does their price differs

I wonder does some one buy a vanity for such a price! Icant even afford red arlor

The price may be based on look but its ok with medusa for which ice spirit is better than it

But frank and yeti looks cool they r cool at their own theme

Same in case of ghost and ice golem for me golem looks bulk and ugly
    The price is determined in part by availability and accessibility.

All 3 of the 2014 Halloween vanities were given out as LB prizes to each of the classes top 25. 3*25=75 (plus the ties, so perhaps between 75 - 80 sets out in the game total)

The 2014 Winter vanities however were only 1 class set for each class for the top 25. Which means there are only 25 sets for each class in the whole game (again, plus a few ties) -- And I know for a fact that there are only 28 sets of the Ice Golem as I was one one of the people who was on the LB for Mage, and I currently still own my set.

So, no. They are not equal in numbers which is why the winter sets cost significantly more than the Halloween sets. Also, as Ebezaanec said, some of the winter sets are in the hands of people who have quit, were banned, are on breaks or whatever which further shortens the supply available for circulation, thus making it more rare still.

I was offered 99m for my Ice Golem and I DECLINED even after seeing the gold in the trade window. To me, this vanity is a treasured piece of achievement and history which is priceless, so not even all the gold in the game can get me to sell it.

It all boils down to what someone is willing to pay for it and what someone is willing to give up.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yes, the winter vanities are the best and rare in the game now. I think they're better than pink jesters because there are no recolors of them. The price is determined by how much someone is willing to pay!

Fyi: the ice golem set is actually selling for 22+ nowadays.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yes, the winter vanities are the best and rare in the game now. I think they're better than pink jesters because there are no recolors of them. The price is determined by how much someone is willing to pay!

Fyi: the ice golem set is actually selling for 22+ nowadays.
    U r right and i hope STS dont recolored the winter vanities leaderboard pric, that will be very bad

Enviado desde mi LG-P768 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerie View Post

All 3 of the 2014 Halloween vanities were given out as LB prizes to each of the classes top 25. 3*25=75 (plus the ties, so perhaps between 75 - 80 sets out in the game total)

The 2014 Winter vanities however were only 1 class set for each class for the top 25. Which means there are only 25 sets for each class in the whole game (again, plus a few ties) -- And I know for a fact that there are only 28 sets of the Ice Golem as I was one one of the people who was on the LB for Mage, and I currently still own my set.

So, no. They are not equal in numbers which is why the winter sets cost significantly more than the Halloween sets. Also, as Ebezaanec said, some of the winter sets are in the hands of people who have quit, were banned, are on breaks or whatever which further shortens the supply available for circulation, thus making it more rare still.

I was offered 99m for my Ice Golem and I DECLINED even after seeing the gold in the trade window. To me, this vanity is a treasured piece of achievement and history which is priceless, so not even all the gold in the game can get me to sell it.

It all boils down to what someone is willing to pay for it and what someone is willing to give up.
    But i heard haloween vanities too were 25 each class those were not given to tiers as a matter of fact haloween vanity is less in number because some winter vanities were introduced in game through forum contest

Correct me if iam wrong thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lol 99m pure lie

Yeah thats my question both were same in number! Only 25 were given to each class not for tiers! If thelayers owning the set were retired or banned same should have happened to haloween vanities becoz they came before winter vanities

And by the way this thread is just for discusion dont try to increase the price of the set by lying

Winter sets too 25*3=75

Im just curious how does a sitution influence price!

Is it for its look or for its demand

Dont tell me they are less in number the same applies for haloween nd its 2months older than winter lb vanity if players were banned they would have take haloween sets too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post
    Lol 99m pure lie

Yeah thats my question both were same in number! Only 25 were given to each class not for tiers! If thelayers owning the set were retired or banned same should have happened to haloween vanities becoz they came before winter vanities

And by the way this thread is just for discusion dont try to increase the price of the set by lying

Winter sets too 25*3=75

Im just curious how does a sitution influence price!

Is it for its look or for its demand

Dont tell me they are less in number the same applies for haloween nd its 2months older than winter lb vanity if players were banned they would have take haloween sets too!
    I have no reason to lie, as I said, I do not plan on selling mine, EVER. So it doesn't matter to me what someone offers for it. The 99m was just the most outlandish offer I have ever been given.

Again, They were not the same in number.

During the Halloween 2014 event STS gave out 1 Ghost, 1 Medusa, and 1 Frank each to the top 25 of each class. 3 vanites for top 25 in each class (Halloween) instead of the 1 (Winter).

During the Winter 2014 event STS gave out 25 Ice Spirit for top 25 Rogue, 25 Golem for top 25 Mages, and 25 Yeti for top 25 Warrior -- Bar the ties.

There are still more Halloween vanities than there are Winter, even if you consider the possibility that some may disappeared from the game.

Nothing complicated, just good old supply and demand economics.

Supply is clearly very low and the demand is high, so the price will reflect whatever someone will be will to pay for an item they're gonna have a very difficult time finding as a set.

I know because I played during both events. My former guild master Candylicks ran the Halloween Leaderboard and won all 3 vanities, and I personally ran the Winter event leaderboard and placed. I know what I'm talking about.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Just one question.
    How were Red & Green Arlor winter sets obtainned?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

woohoo +1 to the owners of these sets! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post
    Just one question.
    How were Red & Green Arlor winter sets obtainned?
    They were available for 25 plat from the store the first winter in Arlor, iirc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

They were available for 25 plat from the store the first winter in Arlor, iirc.
    Yes they were 15plat I believe! Back then vanities weren't tradable and not many bought plat since nothing to even gamble on. Plat was to be used like arcade quarters when you died, buying legendary pets and extra character slots. Man the game sure has come a long way!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!