Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enchantress Guide O' Hurs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Enchantress Guide O' Hurs

Hello everyone, my name is Hurs and today we are going to be talking about a class that is dearly loved by me... the Enchantress. When you hear the name of the class, you might assume that you will be playing as an Elf... which you will be. The Elves are a rather frisky bunch who take pride in being able to twiddle a wand about and conjure up sparkles. There is no gender choice because...well... I am not really sure, but playing as a female isn't bad, eh? Anyway, I better get started on actually writing the guide.

Why play the Enchantress?

I hear this question a lot and, quite frankly, it all comes down to how you want to play and what you want to accomplish. Sure you can be a giant bear that likes to swing around hunks of flaming metal, or a hawkish bird that enjoys aiming twigs at people, but what beats the thrill of tapping on an icon and making an enormous fireballish explosion erupt from your body? Yeah, that's what I thought, nothing.

Class Roles

There are three main roles that the Enchantress can fill: Debuffer/Buffer, AoE Damage and the Healer. Most people tend to think that since the first spell you get is a group heal that the only thing Enchantresses are meant to do is heal, heal, heal, and heal some more. This is an incorrect assumption as while that is the first spell that you get, it is also the last healing spell you get (Resurrect excluded). Keep in mind that you can merge two of these roles together. This is not always advised, however, so make sure you have an idea of what you want before mixing.

List of Spells

Level 2: Heal (Restore Health!) Cost 30, +10 Heal per rank
    Level 4: Frostbite (Freeze your target!) Cost 20, +5 damage and +1 sec Freeze time per rank
    Level 6: Lightning (Blast surrounding enemies with lightning!) Cost 30, +10 damage per rank
    Level 8: Resurrect (Bring your friends back immediately!) Cost 70 at Rank 1, -10 cost per rank
    Level 10: Firestorm (Unleash a big fiery blast... of FIRE!) Cost 30, +10 Multi target damage per rank
    Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare trgets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank
    Level 14: Drain Life (Steal health from your target...for yourself!) Cost 30. +Damage/Health per rank
    Level 16: Weakness (Reduce enemy damage and chance to hit!) Cost 50. -5 target damage per rank
    Level 18: Nightmare (Reduce enemy hit chance (and armor)!) Cost 50. Target hit chance -5 per rank.
    Level 20: Magic Shield (Divert incoming damage to your mana pool!) Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. +Armor per rank.
    Level 22: Blessing of Vitality (Increase party health generation!) Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank.
    Level 24: Blessing of Might (Increase your party's strength and damage!) Cost 60. Reduced cost per rank.

These spells can be broken up into the three roles mentioned above (Debuff/Buff, AoE Damage, Healer)

Debuff/Buff

Level 16: Weakness (Reduce enemy damage and chance to hit!) Cost 50. -5 target damage per rank
    Level 18: Nightmare (Reduce enemy hit chance (and armor)!) Cost 50. Target hit chance -5 per rank.
    Level 22: Blessing of Vitality (Increase party health generation!) Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank.
    Level 24: Blessing of Might (Increase your party's strength and damage!) Cost 60. Reduced cost per rank.

AoE Damage

Level 6: Lightning (Blast surrounding enemies with lightning!) Cost 30, +10 damage per rank
    Level 10: Firestorm (Unleash a big fiery blast... of FIRE!) Cost 30, +10 Multi target damage per rank
    Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare targets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank

Healer

Level 8: Resurrect (Bring your friends back immediately!) Cost 70 at Rank 1, -10 cost per rank

As you have probably noticed, there are a few "odd" spells in that list that do not evenly fit into any of the three categories. These are:

Level 4: Frostbite (Freeze your target!) Cost 20, +5 damage and +1 sec Freeze time per rank
    Level 14: Drain Life (Steal health from your target...for yourself!) Cost 30. +Damage/Health per rank
    Level 20: Magic Shield (Divert incoming damage to your mana pool!) Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. +Armor per rank.

This is where you can begin to mix and match the spells to match your personal taste. For example, if I am using the AoE Damage setup, I can add in the AoE ability Heal to make sure that my party members alive, or if I am feeling a bit more selfish I can use Drain Life. Perhaps I feel like having a single target freeze? It really is up to you once you get the basic spells down.

Skill Point Allocation

Now you may be wondering: "Wow Hurs, you sure are useless. You give me these spells but don't tell me what to do with them!" That is a good thought, but let's take a look at what we can do with these fancy spells and attributes. First of all, there are three attributes:

Strength
    Dexterity
    Intelligence

Can you guess which one you want to pick? Good, you shouldn't. Unless you did. Well... you shouldn't have. Anyway. Assigning points to these attributes once again goes back to which role you pick. For example, when I run my AoE Damage build, you can bet Uranus (see what I did there?) that I don't want Strength, whereas if I am being the group healbot I might want a bit more health. Debuffers/Buffers may not need as much mana, allowing them to dabble in Strength and even a bit of Dexterity if you are feeling daring. As for individual skill points, let's see what we have to work with in each class. We said that the Debuff/Buff role has four main spells:

This makes it a pretty easy decision as to which skills to max. But let's move on to a more challenging role, the AoE Damage role. Earlier we said that there are three main skills:

Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare trgets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank

Now it may seem obvious that you want to max out Lightning and Firestorm, but take a look at Ice Storm. Do you see what you get from maxing it out? That's right, increased freeze time. There is no damage increase, you just get to keep 'em in the freezer longer. This could save you five skill points that you may want to assign to some other skills such as Drain Life or Heal. WARNING: I do not recommend the use of Magic Shield on the AoE Damage class as your mana pool will run out too quickly, preventing you from getting any spells off. Now for another challenging skill build, the Healer. We said that it has two main spells:

This also leaves room open for some interesting skill point assignments. You clearly want to max out Heal and reducing the cost of Resurrect isn't too bad, but that still leaves you with some points that I know you want to assign. The question you should ask yourself at this point is: Do you want to be a carpenter? I jest, I jest. There are a few options here as well. You could become the almighty BATTLE HEALER and use some damage skills to spice up the healing, or you could become the mighty CANADIAN MOOSE and use some buff skills to enhance the party. It is for you to decide.

What about gear?

Just go with what looks the coolest, honestly. I mean... looks are really what matters, right? Let's look at an example: If you saw a guy that had a small dagger (I know what you are thinking) that was the best weapon in the game, and you also saw a guy that had an enormous flaming, shadowy sword of darkness that completely sucked ***... who would you sleep with? Yeah, exactly. Just apply that thinking to the game.

But in all seriousness, this again returns to the role you are trying to fill. If you are being the buffbot, you might want to have a weapon that does more damage for when you aren't buffing the group. If you are the AoE Damage dealer, you will probably want to try and find a weapon that does AoE damage on impact and has a bonus to intelligence or mana regen. For healers... you can pretty much just go with the thinking in the previous paragraph

Thanks for reading,

Hurs
    Legends Clan
    http://theappradar.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good write-up. Lots of great information to the aspiring Enchanters among us.
    Rylinia - Enchantress (lvl 25) | Rylin - Warrior (lvl 25) | Ryler - Archer (lvl 25)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nice guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Epique - Awesome guide
    NO MATTER WHAT, I AM PROUD TO HAVE OWNED THE FIRST EVER GUILD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Best guide evar? Yes, yes it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow this guide was so good i want to sleep with you and your giant flaming sword.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello, thnx you for the great guide...
    so if i'm choosing AOE ... should i dump all of my stats to int? or do i need other stats like dex? may i have your suggestion? thnx u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This guide is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Babimete, I have messed around with other stats besides Intelligence for an AoE build, and I keep coming back to just staying with full Intelligence. You gain more mana regen (crucial) as well as a larger mana pool.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys! ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

greatness, thank you for the quick reply..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i 100% disagree with putting all stats into mana. this is a horrible idea imo, i have a lot of points into str which allows me to wear gear with more +armor and i get more hp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good guide. I disagree about not using mana shield as it really is useful against the tougher eneimies who would otherwise lay waster to you in a few hits and its a good panic button should yor health start to drop to low to quickly. I personnaly have put some points in dex and str to give my character a bit more balance. I also think raising the level of icestorm is a bit pointless because most enchantresses immediatley follow up ice storm with firestorm to get the 'hot flash' combo. Even if they don't theres a good chance a warrior will use 'stomp' pulling off the 'shattered combo'. Apart from that it was a well written guide
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. -Groucho Marx
    jetshrike-My Enchantress level 22
    RangerJet-My Archer level 14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dveight View Post
    i 100% disagree with putting all stats into mana. this is a horrible idea imo, i have a lot of points into str which allows me to wear gear with more +armor and i get more hp.
    You need to put so much strength in to get an appreciable boost in hp, that I'm not currently able to see it as a value stat. Maybe I'm not high enough level yet, and need more stat points to play with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, I have found that the points needed in strength to receive any noticeable increase in health is not worth it right now. You will still get destroyed by mobs in the later dungeons if you let them get on you, so I like to let the bears handle it ^^

@ Jetshrike, I completely agree with not putting too many points into Ice Storm because of the Hot Flash! combo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome! Wish I had this before I finished up my first Enchantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm surprised Spacetime doesn't charge us $.99 in game to read this guide. Seriously. OMG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

epic guide hurs! little late sayin it but well done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

best guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for all of the positive feedback ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for taking the time with your guides, they've been a huge help!
    Faenor - Archer lvl 39| Carinae - Enchantress lvl 35 | Drjonze - Warrior lvl 32