Thread: Arcane review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Arcane review

Hi STS guys

Good morning, as a player of arcane legends of many years I would like to congratulate you for your hard work in developing this game but nonetheless I would make some vital recommendations and point out some big fail in this game that keep making players quit the game whether temporarily or definitely.
    I can start with platinum currency which is exclusively obtainable with money, or some offer that most likely doesn't work or sometimes they ask for too much personal information and the player feel at risk and don't take the offer at all or sometimes the player just can't come to term with the requirements of the offer because you can't actually ask a 12 years old kid who want some free plat to give his credit card number or any other personal information he doesn't have just to acquire a little currency for playing a game, so much people think that this game is for rich people so they normally quit because they feel miserable in front of other players and go look for another game with another system.
    My recommendation toward this problem would be a little plat for every time they break through another level or/ and the possibility of looting a little plat whenever they beat a hard boss whether its just a little amount I'm sure that most players will feel happy about it. I know that you've been working around it too creating new systems like ankhs and respec scroll and I also heard that you are coming up with an alternative to open locked crates without plat but still I think my proposal is still worth pondering about.

Another flaw I would like to point out is the fact that you do not reward daily playing and returning players either if you could give a little token just for logging on daily many players will feel happy about it and will definitely log in daily.

I would like to continue with another thing that is seriously affecting the game popularity and that is the warrior characters.
    Most little boy upon discovering that and ask to choose a character they most likely choose a warrior but when entering the game and start playing they just discover that this character is totally out casted because nobody want to party with you when you are a warrior and if you don't have a lot of money to buy good gear you will be stuck and it's really bad to find out that after working very hard to level up a character that this character is useless and you need to start anew with another character just like it happened to me or many other players that quited the game as a result.

I'm well aware that you've made some modifications to the warrior skills but it still lacking too much in power compared to the other classes. So many players that play mmorpg for the first don't like it at all.*
    It will be great if you can make some long range weapon for warrior like a throwing lance and Axe just like the skill and make people take a liking to this class. And I have to tell you that in my days* of playing as a warrior I've even been denied entry in some guild because I was a warrior and I can tell you that it is not the feeling one is looking for while playing a game, so I hope you can make this game more enjoyable for the warrior class as well and give them a little boost of power with some brand new weapons.

Next thing is the new jewel upgrading system, and frankly speaking there was no need to change the old one, but since its been done you have to acknowledge the repercussions it has in the game.
    When I first play this game making gem and sell them was my only way to make money as I level up, so when I needed to buy pot and other things I could only rely on this trade. But now all this is gone since the only crack jewel with some value can only be looted on the higher maps starting with tridin making the game not friendly to new players at all, old players aren't interested in nature or water jewel since those doesn't give any power boost so unless you can make a high level jewel of these* class it simply won't be worth the effort.
    But since this system has been established there is no turning you just have to make it a whole lot better than the old one. First of all you should make it possible to drop mind, finesse, and fury jewel from all dungeons the drop rate might differ from other lower class jewel but totally removing the possibility of dropping good jewel from the low level players is just bad making the game totally unfriendly to new players.

The last thing I would like to point out is the fact due to the expansion many players are watching with sorrow how they can no longer use the weapon in which they had put their precious gems thinking they will always be able to use them for ever but now they can't because those weapons are totally outdated.
    So if you would be kind enough to make a special gem removing event to give all players the opportunity to get back their parasoul gem or syrilax eye, even if its for only those two kind of gems I'm sure most players will feel happy about it

I'm pretty sure that if you make that improvement you will see less begging in the town and less desperate players in the game.

And one little thing I would like to thank you for making the legend of arcane deary become true, now we are only looking forward for the luck pet.

Thanks for paying attention and having read to this point.

Sincerely,

Ossirus

Sent from my X7 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to robensalexandre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Sort of like hauntlet coins change the plat system
    <Epitome of Silentkill >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

hmmm, i disagree about your statement that this game is for the rich. your wealth in game depends on 1. yes, how much u spent OR 2. how hard u work. See, i can tell that if ur not happy with ur wealth now, u prolly didnt work hard at all. How do i know? cos i earnt millions from farming locks before the lock sales is over. My guildy earns 1.2m everyday during that period, so by the time the event ends, he prolly has around 8m in his pocket or at least 5m. Unless u are saying that these amount are not good enough fr u then i have nothing to say. let's say u are not as hardcore as us who spent hours doing km3, a casual gamer, u spend say 2hrs on it, lets say each lix give u 8 locks on average, in 2 hours u will have 32 locks, craft them into ren gols massives u will have 3 of them with extra locks, that is already more than 500k, 600 - 700k even. by the end of event u would have around 4m in your pocket. So please dont say that poor people cant do well in this game. Instead of sitting around in town and talking to your "friends" all day and waiting for gold to drop out of nowhere, work harder.
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melberly View Post
    hmmm, i disagree about your statement that this game is for the rich. your wealth in game depends on 1. yes, how much u spent OR 2. how hard u work. See, i can tell that if ur not happy with ur wealth now, u prolly didnt work hard at all. How do i know? cos i earnt millions from farming locks before the lock sales is over. My guildy earns 1.2m everyday during that period, so by the time the event ends, he prolly has around 8m in his pocket or at least 5m. Unless u are saying that these amount are not good enough fr u then i have nothing to say. let's say u are not as hardcore as us who spent hours doing km3, a casual gamer, u spend say 2hrs on it, lets say each lix give u 8 locks on average, in 2 hours u will have 32 locks, craft them into ren gols massives u will have 3 of them with extra locks, that is already more than 500k, 600 - 700k even. by the end of event u would have around 4m in your pocket. So please dont say that poor people cant do well in this game. Instead of sitting around in town and talking to your "friends" all day and waiting for gold to drop out of nowhere, work harder.
    Lol, the last part is me 80% of the time, but replacing "Friends" with "Guildies" (other time, 10% farming and getting discouraged by bad loot; other 10% being AFK)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi Melberly
    I said what I said considering the position of the new players that can't afford plat, from lvl 1 to lvl 36 you can't really farm km3 and during this last event I did make more than 3mil and bought many thing that I wanted but I was talking on behalf of the new players who now got nothing to farm but cheap jewels and can't afford a lepre or buy elix since they can barely make enough money for pot and gears and have no option than beg on towns. Back when I start playing the only thing I could do to make money was crafting gems but that's no longer an option for new players anyway.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to robensalexandre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robensalexandre View Post
    Hi Melberly
    I said what I said considering the position of the new players that can't afford plat, from lvl 1 to lvl 36 you can't really farm km3 and during this last event I did make more than 3mil and bought many thing that I wanted but I was talking on behalf of the new players who now got nothing to farm but cheap jewels and can't afford a lepre or buy elix since they can barely make enough money for pot and gears and have no option than beg on towns. Back when I start playing the only thing I could do to make money was crafting gems but that's no longer an option for new players anyway.

Hmm idk, new players will just waste the plats away like how i did with mine in the past unless they met someone who could and would really teach them how to use their plats. if these players quit before getting to know what the game is about, it just means this game isnt appealing to them. Anyways i do feel that the rewards from killing bosses should be more satisfying but it has nothing to do with plats being exclusive to payers. Also, u might be surprised at how much gold these "beggers" have, I remember when i first started this game, I was so busy trying to get to end game and figuring out all the different features and maps on this game that i didnt even have the time to beg and before i know it, i am rich enough to buy my own lep. Of course i did struggle with pots but eventually i made it. Then when i joined the top 1 guild at that time, i realised that most people are wasting their time talking and then i found out who the "beggers" are, yes, these OP players who always have extra gold with them brags about how they got 100+k while begging or selling some noob item for high prices as a form of entertainment.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I can start with platinum currency which is exclusively obtainable with money, or some offer that most likely doesn't work or sometimes they ask for too much personal information and the player feel at risk and don't take the offer at all or sometimes the player just can't come to term with the requirements of the offer because you can't actually ask a 12 years old kid who want some free plat to give his credit card number or any other personal information he doesn't have just to acquire a little currency for playing a game, so much people think that this game is for rich people so they normally quit because they feel miserable in front of other players and go look for another game with another system.
    My recommendation toward this problem would be a little plat for every time they break through another level or/ and the possibility of looting a little plat whenever they beat a hard boss whether its just a little amount I'm sure that most players will feel happy about it. I know that you've been working around it too creating new systems like ankhs and respec scroll and I also heard that you are coming up with an alternative to open locked crates without plat but still I think my proposal is still worth pondering about.
    Plat sales keep STS's lights on and their doors open. If you can't buy it, earn it for free in their plat store. I did that for my first two years in this game. The first two and a half year's I didn't spend a dime and I earned my gold through Wrathjaw, Snaggletooth, and locked farming. It's a process, but if you find the right people to do it with, it goes fast. STS is creating a more even pay versus free environment, it's easier these days to earn gold versus a few years ago. I find it really easy as an end game warrior to earn gold. Just have to know the best drops and run it, over and over.

Another flaw I would like to point out is the fact that you do not reward daily playing and returning players either if you could give a little token just for logging on daily many players will feel happy about it and will definitely log in daily.
    Shazbot and Klaas. Klaas gives you decent daily stuff every 8 hours, Shazbot gives you medicore/bad stuff every 24 hours. Shazbot needs to up his game, since Klaas has way better offerings. Maybe in the future they could hand out 1-2 plats, but who knows? Ever since the plat farmers abused this game, STS should be (rightfully so) afraid to hand out many free plats. They can be as nice as possible, the end game users will find a way to abuse the system. I've seen so many different ways in the last three years... it's unreal the time and effort people will go through, they spend more time finding ways to not play the game just to get ahead in the game.

I would like to continue with another thing that is seriously affecting the game popularity and that is the warrior characters.
    Most little boy upon discovering that and ask to choose a character they most likely choose a warrior but when entering the game and start playing they just discover that this character is totally out casted because nobody want to party with you when you are a warrior and if you don't have a lot of money to buy good gear you will be stuck and it's really bad to find out that after working very hard to level up a character that this character is useless and you need to start anew with another character just like it happened to me or many other players that quited the game as a result.

I'm well aware that you've made some modifications to the warrior skills but it still lacking too much in power compared to the other classes. So many players that play mmorpg for the first don't like it at all.*
    It will be great if you can make some long range weapon for warrior like a throwing lance and Axe just like the skill and make people take a liking to this class. And I have to tell you that in my days* of playing as a warrior I've even been denied entry in some guild because I was a warrior and I can tell you that it is not the feeling one is looking for while playing a game, so I hope you can make this game more enjoyable for the warrior class as well and give them a little boost of power with some brand new weapons.
    Warriors are tanks. They're survivors, not damage dealers. Rogues are damage dealers. Mages are a mixed bag. Warriors stay alive and draw the attacks of the enemies. However, that said, yes, the warrior needs a boost in that area. I only play one toon, a warrior, it's all I have time for, but I noticed that it's very behind the curve compared to the other characters. STS is working on it, they've said they are for the last year+ so all we can do is wait and hope.

Next thing is the new jewel upgrading system, and frankly speaking there was no need to change the old one, but since its been done you have to acknowledge the repercussions it has in the game.
    When I first play this game making gem and sell them was my only way to make money as I level up, so when I needed to buy pot and other things I could only rely on this trade. But now all this is gone since the only crack jewel with some value can only be looted on the higher maps starting with tridin making the game not friendly to new players at all, old players aren't interested in nature or water jewel since those doesn't give any power boost so unless you can make a high level jewel of these* class it simply won't be worth the effort.
    But since this system has been established there is no turning you just have to make it a whole lot better than the old one. First of all you should make it possible to drop mind, finesse, and fury jewel from all dungeons the drop rate might differ from other lower class jewel but totally removing the possibility of dropping good jewel from the low level players is just bad making the game totally unfriendly to new players.
    Jewels are a class balance. You can farm, craft, socket, unsocket, and upgrade. There are so many jewels, instead of three types of gems, that you can tweak your character's stats as you need. This adds to the economy as well, farming jewels and selling them gives you more gold in your pocket. Gems were set and declining in price before jewels were introduced. Some of my best money comes from jewels. Jewels are suppose to be something long term to try for, or if you don't farm, earn gold and pay for, either way, it helps people. For the record, when I run KM3, save up as many of those junk jewels, craft them into a higher version, sell it for a decent amount. It's still worth something.

The last thing I would like to point out is the fact due to the expansion many players are watching with sorrow how they can no longer use the weapon in which they had put their precious gems thinking they will always be able to use them for ever but now they can't because those weapons are totally outdated.
    So if you would be kind enough to make a special gem removing event to give all players the opportunity to get back their parasoul gem or syrilax eye, even if its for only those two kind of gems I'm sure most players will feel happy about it
    STS is correcting a mistake they inadvertently made a few years ago. Eyes and paras. They were introduced and it wasn't realized how OP they are, and once again, players grabbed as many as they could. Even with para's being untradeable, many players did backdoor deals (and scams) for gold. STS is trying to move passed these mistakes, and one more cap bump will help. Don't get me wrong, when they said a new cap, I was totally sad, because of the gear that I currently have becomes useless and worth zero. It's necessary to balance the game, again. I think the expansion is too fast, I mean, I just got a new weapon, new belt, etc, now it becomes obsolete instantly.

I'm pretty sure that if you make that improvement you will see less begging in the town and less desperate players in the game.
    Most beggars appear to be rich people in disguise toons, just because they're bored, evil, or scamming. I can't tell you how many times a beggar asks me for gold, I tell them to take a flying leap, and they come back and try to show me the millions and millions of gold and gear they have. Almost every time. Don't give to bums, make them run dailies and earn it. And don't trust anyone in game, they'll scam you every chance they get. Internet games have zero consequences, and people abuse anonymity because of it.
    Last edited by Zaizor; 01-25-2016 at 12:41 PM.