Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: level 56 and 61 will be no real accomplishment anymore..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default level 56 and 61 will be no real accomplishment anymore..

4x elixir is too much, why not just sell max level for plat then? Now anyone with 5 hours of time and plat can "buy" level 56, taking away from the people that fought hard to get there. Even 3x is pretty rough. Heres my solution, 56, fine, whatever, everyone will cry if u do this, but for the new elite cap you should not be allowed more than 2x elixir from 60-61. Otherwise why not call it the rich mans level? Or the "im level 61 and still stomp in the middle of rooms" level? Geez.. thoughts on this anyone? Im personally boycotting 4x elixir, i wanna be proud of my elite status when i EARN IT. PEACE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I think tge 4x elixer is for the poor folks thats are panickig because they have 40k xp left til 56 before te new cap comes out. Personally i think its a little much. I only use 1.5 elixers- but besides that i dont like em.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Say someone kills 100 baddies in five minutes. 100x12=1200exp/hr, 1200x4=4800exp/hr. 83.8k/4.8k=17.5hrs.

And not everyone is hardcore enough to grind at a rate of 20 enemies/min. I'd say you're still looking at 20-30hrs of grinding. Not quite 5hrs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Not that i need to worry... But I think the biggest question i have is, what about those people that almost hit lvl 56 or have 50k xp when update comes out? I seriously doubt that the lvl 56 "speed bump" of 83k xp will remain, so does that extra 50k xp just go missing or will it qualify them for lvl 56 no crown?

I will start a new thread now on this topic please post thoughts there :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Not that i need to worry... But I think the biggest question i have is, what about those people that almost hit lvl 56 or have 50k xp when update comes out? I seriously doubt that the lvl 56 "speed bump" of 83k xp will remain, so does that extra 50k xp just go missing or will it qualify them for lvl 56 no crown?

I will start a new thread now on this topic please post thoughts there :-)
    DON'T make another thread. It will be divided by a 10th. It's been discussed already enough. So, that 83k will be turned to 8.3k, or that 50k will be turned to 5k, & so on. They will not be able to receive the crown. It'll leave however much xp to 8.3k xp to get to 56.

Blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

For the first part: Some of us have grinded multiple toons to 56 with and without the help of elixirs. Personally, from someone who has leveled toons both the long and short way... let it be. As many threads have discussed, the level a player is at does NOT determine their abilities. This is obvious through game play. I understand what you are pointing out, but remember, the real status comes out in game play, not a vanity item.

@Tank ~ the xp will be scaled. It will be 8.3k to get to 56 and not 83k. So if someone has 50k xp when update hits, it will be scaled to 5k. At least that is what I have read on forums.

EDIT: Haikus beat me to it. lol
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Oops... Thread posted before I came back to read this.....lmao

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I say quit whining. Here's why:
    1) STS is a business. They need to make money to continue to provide us fun. If someone wants to pay them to level faster, let them.
    2) Saying that you "earned" it because you put time instead of money into the game is completely false. Time is money, friend. You have a limited amount of time alive. How much is your time worth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Yeah but the people panicking cuz they are short of 56 obviously werent hardcore enough or they got the game too late, so to fix that theyre gonna ruin the integrity of the game? Gimme a break. The one thing i cant stand in pl is how many capped players have 8000 kills and ruin my game experience when i join pugs.

And i forget who said it but it will take alot less than 30 hours to go 55-56, its doable in 24 hours with 1.5 elixirs. Dont forget the exp bonus for full party. I think its dumb. And then everyone will hit cap in two weeks and be bored again waiting months for new content and complaining on forums about it. Bad move imo. And i know level isnt a direct association with skill, but why is that? Elixirs in the first place.

There would still be bad players at cap but maybe 10% as many as theres gonna be now. I know im good, because when i hit 56, i had 50,000 kills or more, thats 5x what most powerleveled 56s have. Meaning i have 5x more experience killing mobs and running levels than they do, would u trust a doctor that only did one year of schooling to do surgery on you, or would you rather someone that did 5 years?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Level 56 and 61 is a achievement that YOU get. No one will care about your level more than you do. So how proud you are of it is determined by how hard you grinded. If you get 56 with no elixirs and all PUG's, your gonna be pretty proud. If you get 56 using extreme exp runs with x4, your still gonna be proud. But you didn't have all the blood, sweat, and tears.

Also like Crimson said, you can play with a beast level 55, and you can play with a noob level 56. Skill isn't achieved in a level.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Yeah but the people panicking cuz they are short of 56 obviously werent hardcore enough or they got the game too late, so to fix that theyre gonna ruin the integrity of the game? Gimme a break. The one thing i cant stand in pl is how many capped players have 8000 kills and ruin my game experience when i join pugs.

And i forget who said it but it will take alot less than 30 hours to go 55-56, its doable in 24 hours with 1.5 elixirs. Dont forget the exp bonus for full party. I think its dumb. And then everyone will hit cap in two weeks and be bored again waiting months for new content and complaining on forums about it. Bad move imo. And i know level isnt a direct association with skill, but why is that? Elixirs in the first place.

There would still be bad players at cap but maybe 10% as many as theres gonna be now. I know im good, because when i hit 56, i had 50,000 kills or more, thats 5x what most powerleveled 56s have. Meaning i have 5x more experience killing mobs and running levels than they do, would u trust a doctor that only did one year of schooling to do surgery on you, or would you rather someone that did 5 years?

Well Ebalere, I see your point of view, but you need to see spacetimes point of view.

Spacetime released a very large portion of this game to the public for free. So Spacetime relays on players who buy character spots, elixirs, inventory spots, new faces, stash spots, and auction house spots as their main source of income. Elixir's for platinum is one of their biggest sources of income right now. I know this, because I recently purchased 50 bucks worth of platinum just for elixirs. Back when they were just for gold, I stopped buying platinum.

Edit: Opz double post.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We aren't talking about doctors. We are talking about a video game. Let people play how they want to. The way you play isn't right or wrong, it's your way. You are whining because other people want to play the game differently and STS is capitalizing on it. How about I turn it right around and I say that YOU are the one doing it the wrong way, being a freeloader and not buying elixirs to support STS and keep them employed? I don't care if you buy plat, you could be buying more and getting elixirs so that STS could hire more people and release content patches faster! I sound like a condescending jerk, don't I?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre View Post
    We aren't talking about doctors. We are talking about a video game. Let people play how they want to. The way you play isn't right or wrong, it's your way. You are whining because other people want to play the game differently and STS is capitalizing on it. How about I turn it right around and I say that YOU are the one doing it the wrong way, being a freeloader and not buying elixirs to support STS and keep them employed? I don't care if you buy plat, you could be buying more and getting elixirs so that STS could hire more people and release content patches faster! I sound like a condescending jerk, don't I?
    Thumbs up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre:332412
    I say quit whining. Here's why:
    1) STS is a business. They need to make money to continue to provide us fun. If someone wants to pay them to level faster, let them.
    2) Saying that you "earned" it because you put time instead of money into the game is completely false. Time is money, friend. You have a limited amount of time alive. How much is your time worth?
    Umm yeah i did earn it and worked long and hard for it, how can u say someone who 3x elixired the whole way deserves that crown as much as me? Cuz they paid money to be where i got with minimal effort? Oh and for the record, if ur gonna start ur reply with "stop whining", stay the hell out of my thread. Im not whining, im saying and my main point is: what happens in two weeks after update when everyones capped and wanting new content? I see enough threads about noobs in sewers and people being bored as it is, why cut the games "length" down even more, just to appease some people who werent here on time to hit 56, or put it off till the last minute? I missed founders helm, woopdeedoo, can i buy one with plat? No!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Umm yeah i did earn it and worked long and hard for it, how can u say someone who 3x elixired the whole way deserves that crown as much as me? Cuz they paid money to be where i got with minimal effort? Oh and for the record, if ur gonna start ur reply with "stop whining", stay the hell out of my thread. Im not whining, im saying and my main point is: what happens in two weeks after update when everyones capped and wanting new content? I see enough threads about noobs in sewers and people being bored as it is, why cut the games "length" down even more, just to appease some people who werent here on time to hit 56, or put it off till the last minute? I missed founders helm, woopdeedoo, can i buy one with plat? No!
    This thread is spiraling down harder then Arnold Schwarzenegger's marriage. Stop flaming eachother, it's getting you guys nowhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really doubt there's any significant skill gain between the 20th and 30th hour running the same dungeon over and over again. IMO there's more room to learn in doing the tougher bosses with new players and different teams, and most exp-runners seem to skip bosses.

I'm not really bothered by exp pots. If anyone wants to hang a sign in their sig that says "I spent 5-10 more hours performing a senseless monotonous activity than you most likely did," feel free. I'm not really impressed by it at all. The tanker, dmg, speed and luck pots kinda irk me though. I mean, they are kinda fun once or twice. I remember going to wyldwood on a trash can punch and bonking the crap out of the goblins! But really I feel it's more fun to play the game w/in the limitations set by your gear. But it's not really a big thing either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

No, ive bought over 1000 plat dera, can provide a screenshot. How much have u bought? I used 3x elixirs on some alts and bought vanities and bought the main spine and everything else. So dont tell me im a freeloader, at least i base my arguement off of fact, having seen it with my own eyes over and over, not assumptions. One point was made that i do agree with, and that is that no one cares more about my level than me. Very true, and if i thought about that i probably wouldnt have made this post, but, i asked for thoughts and opinions, not some *** telling me what i think is wrong and calling me out. I have done my part to support sts and and i play this game every day, so if i have an opinion, ill say it and i certainly wont tolerate being called a "whiner" because i brought to light the fact that in the long run, sts is only hurting themselves. Why? Because if i capped out in two weeks or whatever, id be bored and long gone from this game before they put out another LEVEL CAP. Meaning i wouldnt be buying plat ANYWAY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I refuse to let this bother me any more than it has, all ive done now is made an enemy. Not my intent. I made a good point and dera just had to call me down and make me mad, and im not one for flame wars. Dont bother cutting me down anymore dera, im not coming back to this thread. I made my point. Cheers to everyone that discussed it in a civilized manner.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

No, ive bought over 1000 plat dera, can provide a screenshot. I used 3x elixirs on some alts and bought vanities and bought the main spine and everything else. So dont tell me im a freeloader, at least i base my arguement off of fact, not assumptions. One point was made that i do agree with, and that is that no one cares more about my level than me. Very true, and if i thought about that i probably wouldnt have made this post, but, i asked for thoughts and opinions, not some *** telling me what i think is wrong and calling me out. I have done my part to support sts and and i play this game every day, so if i have an opinion, ill say it and i certainly wont tolerate being called a "whiner" because i brought to light the fact that in the long run, sts is only hurting themselves. Why? Because if i capped out in two weeks or whatever, id be bored and long gone from this game before they put out another LEVEL CAP. Meaning i wouldnt be buying plat ANYWAY.
    Thankyou for supporting Spacetime and looking out for what is going to be best for them, but this game of yelling at eachother isn't working either.

Your interests are in the right spot, your just missing some big facts and key points that spacetime provided us.

Right now, there are way more casual players than there are hardcore. So casual, that there were massive stacks of players stuck at levels 13 and 18. That is a big problem for spacetime, they had players using their servers, and not purchasing platinum. Spacetime made a very risky, but successful business move. They made the main spine of the game free. By doing this, they noticed the stackup of players started moving right along. Spacetime's profits started to raise too, since these new players are getting more involved in the game, and deeper into it. Players started making new characters, buying more inventory spots, and biggest of all, using platinum elixirs. So even though it seems as these elixirs are killing the game, in reality, it's really helping it. But that said, anything spacetime does will have a negative effect. If they take elixirs out all together, you would see lots of nasty, negative threads pop up on the forums, and many players would be discouraged to continue playing.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 06-23-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with Pharcyde 100%. He says everything I think, just more nicely. So in short, yes people who spend money on 4x elixirs deserve level 56 (and the crown) just as much as someone who used no elixirs.

Another thing I would like to point out is that the dumpster punch effectively gives you WAY MORE than 3X experience because you also kill things faster, run faster, and die less.