Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persistence set please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Persistence set please!

From 60 to 61 we should get persistence armor then from 65 to 66 weapon. Then set bonus. Please do this it would mke it worth all the grinding we will have to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Very interesting seeing as how the Crown doesn't count as a set bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want them to make it a set. Give us the armor after 130k we put in to get 61. Then when they make another level cap and we put in 200k or whatever the huge # will be give us the weapon. Then set bonus. Best part will be only the people that put in the work will have this set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

We have been asking for it since March. Sadly, does not look like it's going to happen although I hope I'm wrong for 61
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It would be awesome if can be done.
    Lupiv 71 Bear Hatyara 71 Bird Liverpoolfan 71 Mage

Founding Member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Well, originally it was said by the devs that they would add a set bonus for the lv56 crown. That never happened though

It was said here btw (post #9): http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...te-%2855396%29

1 user said this: 'Item set should include Crown of Persistence as part of the set.'

On which asommers responded:

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Good idea! We'll add one.

-ALS

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The stats for the Crown would have to be updated. And I hope for 61 they make 55-56 4 digit xp. And don't give out the crown of persistence anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReddWolfAK View Post
    The stats for the Crown would have to be updated. And I hope for 61 they make 55-56 4 digit xp. And don't give out the crown of persistence anymore.
    yea, this has been mentioned, the xp you need for 55-56 will be 8.4k and the crown of persitance will be discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Eh this or have the crown overide set requirements and work with any set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sadly the crown will have the stats of a lvl 56 Helm, The armor of a 61, and the weapon of a 66 so not that practical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    Sadly the crown will have the stats of a lvl 56 Helm, The armor of a 61, and the weapon of a 66 so not that practical.
    This problem could be solved with a large enough set bonus to close the gaps

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Ditto. Big set bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love the ideal of a percistance set. But I think helm, armor and weapon aquired at different stages of the game is a horrible idea. There is already an issue of the founders helm in twinking.

One should ever be given an unfair advantage that others are unable to compensate for. To me, its like a 55 picking on a 50 in pvp..

Make helm of p a vanity for for under 56 which is equal to the founders helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I mean for it to have 56 stats or a vanity for under 56...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I for one think this is a bad idea. You know why? It turns the idea of the "Elite level" into some way to get an advantage over others in combat. The system is perfectly fine as it is: you get 5 stat points, a skill point, and a helm you can wear regardless of your attributes. That's already a huge advantage, and I think it should be all you get.

Leveling up ten times the xp is a great achievement, and the greatest advantage of reaching 56 at the moment is the ease of Duel Speccing. However, regular level 55 gear remains superior, and I think it should stay that way. Level 60 gear should be better than any level 61 elite reward.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josephjackson View Post
    But I think helm, armor and weapon aquired at different stages of the game is a horrible idea. One should ever be given an unfair advantage that others are unable to compensate for. To me, its like a 55 picking on a 50 in pvp..
    Make helm of p a vanity for for under 56 which is equal to the founders helm.
    Items given at different times during a game over the course of months is indeed a bad idea in theory, but I would like to see the CoP used at some point in the game. I know that as soon as I got mine it went straight into stash and has never seen the light of day since. Bridging the gap between a 56 helm and a 66 weapon will be huge, but what if the set just adds something different like Big Luck does. How about the set counts as a perm Playa's potion. Sure, it'll be useless as soon as you get it but next cap it could come in handy. Perhaps a vanity suit... something, I don't need HUGE stat increases just a reason to dust it off from time to time.

As for an advantage that others are unable to compensate for, that basically means there should NEVER be discontinued items or anything of the sort. I mean isn't a discontinued Winter Festival Snowball Launcher the best DEX item for a level 10... why no outrage there? I personally enjoy the little items that are given away even if they do cause an uproar. I don't pvp, but it would seem that players would like special consideration when releasing any new content; sounds like pvp needs a revamp that doesn't allow any item that is deemed "unfair" by the masses to be worn as one enters the pvp arena. Sort of like when you cannot enter a dungeon when your inventory is full. Isn't pvp a sort of honor system anyway? If players want fair, they work the details of a match out with the other party before they begin battle; those that could care less about honor use any trick they can to fight "dirty" and win at any cost. I read threads about how kiting is unfair, how the Founders' Helm is unfair, and there are players on both sides of the fence on every issue. The only solution I see is to make pvp only class vs class, all toons fight naked, and no skills allowed... Sounds extreme doesn't it? I just want the pvpers out there to stop ruining my chances at exclusive content because they see an exploit on the horizon for just one aspect of the game!

All that being said, I'd love to see a set that utilizes the CoP, even if it's not until another 5+ months from now when the cap is raised over 60/61 bar no matter the flames that will ensue!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Yeah, but the only problem is you would hear begging and ranting threads day and night. Players who either didn't make the grind, or didn't join the game until after the first Elite would complain about how "unfair" it is. I mean, there is already a huge debate over the small bonus for the founders helmet. Now imagine an Elite Set?

I love the idea, but I don't think Spacetime wants to deal with all that rant and flame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

or it could be a vanity costume set.. like dose droids .. would llook cool..
    Lupiv 71 Bear Hatyara 71 Bird Liverpoolfan 71 Mage

Founding Member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

My objection isn't about it being discontinued in the future or whatever (it'll always be useful for duel speccing as I mentioned) but in terms of combat here and now, the normal level cap should have the best gear. So far so good. The CoP is nice to have, but (for instance, the dex crown) can't beat RR or Custom because of the set bonus.

Originally the CoP was vanity I think, and I'm not ranting about the stats which I actually like. I just think anything more is taking away the spirit of Elite leveling, changing from a nice accomplishment to just a way to get better gear.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont see any problems with an item such as a snowball launcher because it can be potentally aquired by all.

Im all for "exclusive content" but I think everyone should have the potental to aquire the best gear in the game. And the helm is apparently an exclusive item... So you are getting it

And the founders helm is a small advantage at high lvl pvp.. But huge at low level pvp. Recently, it would have been a 33% increase in armor and a major increase in damnage for a lvl 10 bear.