Thread: Are warriors underpowered to farm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Are warriors underpowered to farm?

Hello AL mates,

I'm a new warrior (currently 38) and I have a few questions. Although I love the warrior and, personally, I wouldn't have created other char than this one, sometimes I do feel that our class is underpowered in terms of farming stuff if compared to sorcerers, for example. I would like to have the opinion of the experts about that. Can a warrior efficiently run km3 elite to farm?

Also, I have purchased a Lepre because I heard it's a must-have to get rich, but I haven't been able to use it so far because I'm mainly doing some daily quests and grinding the WT4 to get to 46 soon. Any tips/advices on how to use lepre to get some money at lvl 38?

Well I've asked a lot, thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Warriors are not bad at farming.run km3 and farm locks. Also go to tindirin and farm fangs to craft into drag bar. Lepre is just like a watered down luck elixer and when u get locked u sell them to get good gear. Btw if you dont want lepre you can give it to me hehehe
    <Epitome of Silentkill >

mesalin

Switch your amulet to lepre if boss is low HP
    10-20%.
    And hope for some good stuff which you can sell later and gain gold

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the tips guys. So I should farm in Tindirin then? At my level I only seem to be able to defeat normal mobs, but the bosses of Tindirin are hard as hell (haven't made it pass de first map yet). Can you get good stuff from km3 in normal or it has to be elite?

PD: Nice trick that one of switching to lepre when the boss is low, I had once thought about doing that mate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leyin6 View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys. So I should farm in Tindirin then? At my level I only seem to be able to defeat normal mobs, but the bosses of Tindirin are hard as hell (haven't made it pass de first map yet). Can you get good stuff from km3 in normal or it has to be elite?

PD: Nice trick that one of switching to lepre when the boss is low, I had once thought about doing that mate.
    You can get locked from km3(do it normal) the locked crates sell for 10k each and with leprechaun you can get a lot or if u have platinum you can open crates.
    <Epitome of Silentkill >

mesalin

Farm km3, there is little low xp but you gain money. Kraken mines are only in normal version there is no elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by wangkj View Post
    You can get locked from km3(do it normal) the locked crates sell for 10k each and with leprechaun you can get a lot or if u have platinum you can open crates.
    Better don't waste real money on that lockeds...

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys is it worth trying to be a PVE DMG Warrior? Everyone is saying that warriors should just focus on being tanks, but it's fun to deal some damage an not just be the meat-shield-guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Guys is it worth trying to be a PVE DMG Warrior? Everyone is saying that warriors should just focus on being tanks, but it's fun to deal some damage an not just be the meat-shield-guy.
    Strength grants you hp and dmg both, so you could be tanky and powerful at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What I see is you either need a lot of money or good defense. Basically your job is to make sure everyone stays alive. I'm a tank and I cap at 780damage. I would go for a potency/mana build other than Assault/DPS build since its not really a huge step up. This way you get 9skills before replenishing mana instead of 3-4, since you are new I'd make sure you get the hang of if since you will use a extreme amount of potions for mana

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

My main is a rogue, but I have a capped warrior and mage as well. I enjoy playing warrior, but for farming endgame content like elite Ren'gol, Planar Tombs and Arena, I use my rogue mostly and my mage for KM3 because the demand for warrior is small to none. Parties usually have just one warrior, two at most if its all friends/guildies and you don't mind being a little slower. I have seen warriors being told to leave on some elite maps, or a warrior leaving when they enter a map and another tank is already there. Another reason is because as a rogue, if I happen to end up with inexperienced party, or when party members dc/poof/free revive, I still have a chance to finish even a hard elite run, solo if I have to, in reasonable time. While it's not impossible for warriors, there are max-geared experienced tanks who can pull similar feat, they are in the minority. For the most part, if you want to farm elite endgame content as a warrior, or even to farm events, it's a good idea to know a lot of rogues and mages (guild mates, friends you make while running maps and leveling etc), and actively start your own party and invite people, rather than wait for slot to open for you.

As to whether to build a meatshield or damage dealer, personally I believe there is no such dichotomy. As a warrior of course you have to absorb damage, be the last man standing and all that, it's pointless to pack up damage but dying more often than the squishies. Might as well play rogue.

But with lvl 46 gear and the variety of jewels you can upgrade them with, going full turtle mode with heavy armor no longer has to mean you have too low a damage. The level 46 glintstone aegis allows you to be both. Its taunt helps you keep aggro, the armor is good and it has decent AoE damage. Pets that increase your damage (check their happy bonuses) and especially those that help you hurt the mobs (Slobber, Gloom, Toor etc) translate to more damage without sacrificing survivability. As a rule of thumb when playing warrior, I use VB to increase dmg while farming easy maps like KM, Tindirin, elite Ren'gol and events. For harder elites like Planar Tombs and Ren'gol I switch VB with Jugg. At level 41 I used to have tanky gear (armor heavy) for tough elites and dmg (assault types) gear for easy maps, but with Arcane Ring and Planar Pendant health boost, at 46 I just get potency set (armor, helm and belt) to help my mana, and use it for both easy and tough maps.

What to farm as a warrior, especially a leveling one? KM3 and normal Wilds usually have people in them so you can either try to get party or try your luck with randoms. KM drops nature and diamond jewels which are useful for warriors and you can craft these for your cap level gear or to sell. You can farm dragkin teeth in Wilds though the drop rate is frustrating in normal, but at least you get a chance to farm finesse, fury and mind jewels too. Once you hit 41 you can farm these jewels in Ren'gol while leveling there as well.

But if you want to farm more than lockeds, teeth and jewels, I would suggest joining a guild, and if you meet rogues and mages who seem to know their business on maps (no running around healing people, no asking for mana, mobs get stunned and frozen at a decent rate and die without much drama), make friends with them.

When my rogue runs with random warriors I take note of these things:
    - Does he run up to the mobs first and thus have them all focused on him when the dps come shooting in? If he is the type who wait till the others make first move, trailing behind and thus having a hard time getting the mobs to pay attention to him, that's a bad point in my book
    - You can see a red exclamation mark (!) over the enemy's head when a warrior taunts them. I watch how many times and how continuously these red ! appears because it's an indication of how well the warrior times and rotates his taunts (this is an art even I haven't mastered with my warrior)
    - Does he time his heal (Horn of Renew) well? Is he the kind who never horns when party is engaged with a mob (that is, when timely horn is crucial), then heals when the enemy group is killed and party is moving to the next target (when they can conveniently pot)? Or is he the kind who saves his heal for when the party really needs it (boss special attacks like Syrillax pull and stomp, running past mobs, pulling aggro back towards the warrior, etc)?

If the warrior scores good points in taking charge, taunting and healing, I usually gladly accept their friend request. I have met some warrior farming friends this way.

Tl;dr but I hope it helps in some ways. Good luck with leveling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    My main is a rogue, but I have a capped warrior and mage as well. I enjoy playing warrior, but for farming endgame content like elite Ren'gol, Planar Tombs and Arena, I use my rogue mostly and my mage for KM3 because the demand for warrior is small to none. Parties usually have just one warrior, two at most if its all friends/guildies and you don't mind being a little slower. I have seen warriors being told to leave on some elite maps, or a warrior leaving when they enter a map and another tank is already there. Another reason is because as a rogue, if I happen to end up with inexperienced party, or when party members dc/poof/free revive, I still have a chance to finish even a hard elite run, solo if I have to, in reasonable time. While it's not impossible for warriors, there are max-geared experienced tanks who can pull similar feat, they are in the minority. For the most part, if you want to farm elite endgame content as a warrior, or even to farm events, it's a good idea to know a lot of rogues and mages (guild mates, friends you make while running maps and leveling etc), and actively start your own party and invite people, rather than wait for slot to open for you.

As to whether to build a meatshield or damage dealer, personally I believe there is no such dichotomy. As a warrior of course you have to absorb damage, be the last man standing and all that, it's pointless to pack up damage but dying more often than the squishies. Might as well play rogue.

But with lvl 46 gear and the variety of jewels you can upgrade them with, going full turtle mode with heavy armor no longer has to mean you have too low a damage. The level 46 glintstone aegis allows you to be both. Its taunt helps you keep aggro, the armor is good and it has decent AoE damage. Pets that increase your damage (check their happy bonuses) and especially those that help you hurt the mobs (Slobber, Gloom, Toor etc) translate to more damage without sacrificing survivability. As a rule of thumb when playing warrior, I use VB to increase dmg while farming easy maps like KM, Tindirin, elite Ren'gol and events. For harder elites like Planar Tombs and Ren'gol I switch VB with Jugg. At level 41 I used to have tanky gear (armor heavy) for tough elites and dmg (assault types) gear for easy maps, but with Arcane Ring and Planar Pendant health boost, at 46 I just get potency set (armor, helm and belt) to help my mana, and use it for both easy and tough maps.

What to farm as a warrior, especially a leveling one? KM3 and normal Wilds usually have people in them so you can either try to get party or try your luck with randoms. KM drops nature and diamond jewels which are useful for warriors and you can craft these for your cap level gear or to sell. You can farm dragkin teeth in Wilds though the drop rate is frustrating in normal, but at least you get a chance to farm finesse, fury and mind jewels too. Once you hit 41 you can farm these jewels in Ren'gol while leveling there as well.

But if you want to farm more than lockeds, teeth and jewels, I would suggest joining a guild, and if you meet rogues and mages who seem to know their business on maps (no running around healing people, no asking for mana, mobs get stunned and frozen at a decent rate and die without much drama), make friends with them.

- Does he run up to the mobs first and thus have them all focused on him when the dps come shooting in? If he is the type who wait till the others make first move, trailing behind and thus having a hard time getting the mobs to pay attention to him, that's a bad point in my book
    - You can see a red exclamation mark (!) over the enemy's head when a warrior taunts them. I watch how many times and how continuously these red ! appears because it's an indication of how well the warrior times and rotates his taunts (this is an art even I haven't mastered with my warrior)
    - Does he time his heal (Horn of Renew) well? Is he the kind who never horns when party is engaged with a mob (that is, when timely horn is crucial), then heals when the enemy group is killed and party is moving to the next target (when they can conveniently pot)? Or is he the kind who saves his heal for when the party really needs it (boss special attacks like Syrillax pull and stomp, running past mobs, pulling aggro back towards the warrior, etc)?

If the warrior scores good points in taking charge, taunting and healing, I usually gladly accept their friend request. I have met some warrior farming friends this way.

What she said is good, try to always be aggroing but a warrior is good for elite maps if you need one so don't give up

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post

I really appreciate your effort, your text was truly useful. I was kind of feeling that warriors are a bit underpowered but I guess that it's possible to just focus on getting STR and getting dcent damage and OP tankiness at the same time. A question I now have is: Should I use 2 handed or 1sword/1shield? I've heard people saying 2 handed allows to have a better DAMAGE stat instead of DPS, which traduces into getting more aggro and doing more damage with skills.

Again thanks for that useful opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really appreciate your effort, your text was truly useful. I was kind of feeling that warriors are a bit underpowered but I guess that it's possible to just focus on getting STR and getting dcent damage and OP tankiness at the same time. A question I now have is: Should I use 2 handed or 1sword/1shield? I've heard people saying 2 handed allows to have a better DAMAGE stat instead of DPS, which traduces into getting more aggro and doing more damage with skills.

Well if you want to tank use the shield and sword since it gives you more armor. But the one handed swords have a difference to them. One gives you more Damage over Dps and the other vice versa. But if you going to use the one that gives you more damage than dps one click/tap the regular attack, and for the one that gves you more dps over damage you need to power attack(hold the normal attack button/key and release once max). People normally go for the one with damage I think but I find it easier using the one with more Dps, But it is up to you try both if you can, like right now I use both the Maul and the Architect for my level 36.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also Warriors can farm, what I do if have a high level pet that can one shot the enemies that can attack multiple enemies at once, therefore I can leave a few for my pet to kill. But in my opinion pt with a Wizard or Rogue to do the farming faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

It all depends on:
    1. Your stat. Shield weps can help you get that extra armor if your other gear isn't enough (remember that as you progress, the enemies in the next zones will hit harder)
    2. Weapon stats. Sword and hammer give higher damage, which means that you deal more damage when you use your skills. But in some case like with the maul of ollerus, you might see much higher damage on your stat page, but not on your skills damage
    3. Weapon procs. Some procs maybe worth switching weapons for. For example the architect blades have taunt proc, magma blades procs str buff (and thus preferable over, say, planar club and its dmg vortex because extra str means extra dmg and hp), etc. But switching to these might undermine your armor so you might need to compensate by choosing tankier armor/helm/ring/pendant.
    4. Personal playstyle. Just an example: because my main toon is a rogue, I like to play fast in my other chars as well. So I don't very much like maul type weapons because they have longer cooldown between attacks (that's why they have lower dps, because you hit less every second with it). On top of the long cooldown of a lot of warrior skills, waiting for my weapon to be ready again was too much, so I've chosen dps weapons from time to time, simply because I'm impatient

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 01-29-2016 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Get all mythic gear, a glindtone aegis of might. Load it all out with excellent fury and throw a superb chaos in there. Pick up a toor.

Your looking at around a 740 dps depending on your skill point placement and passives.

This is for end game.