Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Poised For Limited Android Beta on Verizon V CAST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Corpser,

I'll offer up the same reply to you that I did to Bronislav. If reserving your name is something that has value to you, you can purchase a name reservation. More details located here. Otherwise it is a Free-to-Play game and first come will be first served. If you have a friend with an Android Device that is capable of accessing the Limited Beta, then you could borrow it for a few minutes, download the game, log in with your same account credentials you use to log into Pocket Legends (your Spacetime Account) and create a character with the name you want.
    Yeah i dont have very many freinds so there goes that idea also 50 plat for a name reservation to reserve 4 charecters is a bit steap.
    its not fair at all apple and android were supposed to have equal opertunities. how ever with the launch of star legends and the android devices getting star legends first you are giving them a amjor advantage. a possible souloution could be to add some black star items (Blasters, full vanities that make your char look like a blackstar char, and maybe parts of a map from blackstar) that way apple and excluded people still get a to play a game simmilar to blackstar. make sure these only go on during the beta testing only tho.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Cool! Even though I can't play it, this still means that the game will be released soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    What about DROID players when pl launched for ios first?.
    Ok I'm not tryin to be mean or anything ,but when pl came out I can prob tell you that like almost every single android user had no idea of pl was comming out. Also, I believe I saw a while ago it took like 6 months for them to make for android. You are goin to tell me you waited 6 months for this video game?Now every single player who is playing pl knows about sl that's why iOS ppl are complaining it's not spacetimes fault for not being able to give it to iOS too I'm sure they would be happy too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexjp View Post
    Ok I'm not tryin to be mean or anything ,but when pl came out I can prob tell you that like almost every single android user had no idea of pl was comming out. Also, I believe I saw a while ago it took like 6 months for them to make for android. You are goin to tell me you waited 6 months for this video game?Now every single player who is playing pl knows about sl that's why iOS ppl are complaining it's not spacetimes fault for not being able to give it to iOS too I'm sure they would be happy too.
    I like every other android user waited for a real "mmo" and so happened I followed pl with the hopes of a DROID release.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    another point is they have more time to hit max cap this is also unfair. It would be easier to just reset everything on the launch.
    This is what bothers me the most. I understand Apple is the one to blaim here. But that doesn't take away the fact that I will not be able to build up my xp just because I own an iPhone. I will basically have to jump in after probably most of my PL buddies are already higher level. There goes running with my 'homies', and rising our xp together. I fear that by the time I get to play, too many of my PL buddies will be too high level to play with. This makes me sad and I personally find it a major drawback.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    This is what bothers me the most. I understand Apple is the one to blaim here. But that doesn't take away the fact that I will not be able to build up my xp just because I own an iPhone. I will basically have to jump in after probably most of my PL buddies are already higher level. There goes running with my 'homies', and rising our xp together. I fear that by the time I get to play, too many of my PL buddies will be too high level to play with. This makes me sad and I personally find it a major drawback.
    Ye thats another drawback to just giving beta to jsut android

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexjp View Post
    Ye thats another drawback to just giving beta to jsut android
    It's not really a matter of what platform we choose to give the beta to, but what platform we are allowed to host the beta on. Apple will not allow us to host a limited access beta on their App Store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Ok I'm done standing up for the common person.

Right, question. Are you guys going to announce the beta key give aways on Facebook as well as the main site?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Right, question. Are you guys going to announce the beta key give aways on Facebook as well as the main site?
    Always is a strong word. We try to, but can't guarantee. We might do something exclusive to Facebook to reward our users who follow (and Like us) there. Still plotting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Always is a strong word. We try to, but can't guarantee. We might do something exclusive to Facebook to reward our users who follow (and Like us) there. Still plotting.
    I'm sorry you misread that. I said giveaways, but there was an uneeded space there.

But anyway good to know. I've been following and liked you guys on Facebook. In like February. Hope there's a notice about beta key availability put up on social websites like FB. I do not do Twitter, just have an account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
    You don't know for certain that the name you want is inactive. The reason the name you want isn't available, is either (1) it's been removed from availability as a bad name (in which case it won't be available in Star Legends either) or (2) someone else has that name. While you haven't seen someone with that name running around in game, doesn't mean that they aren't planning to play Star Legends and hoping to use the name that you are planning to log in and grab before they do -exactly the issue that people raised when names first came up.
    I assure you it isn't a bad word. I just don't want somebody to purposefully grab it and be mean to me. If you'd like I can PM you the name. I'm sure it is just an inactive character. I am just doing the only thing left open, you know?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 06-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i know i know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

It's not really a matter of what platform we choose to give the beta to, but what platform we are allowed to host the beta on. Apple will not allow us to host a limited access beta on their App Store.
    Can you explain the need for the beta? Pl went through the apple process without a droid beta. Has something changed in the application approval process in the last year? Because this looks and feels like an exclusivity offer like when a game is only available on the xbox for x amount of time and then gets rolled to other platforms.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Can you explain the need for the beta? Pl went through the apple process without a droid beta. Has something changed in the application approval process in the last year? Because this looks and feels like an exclusivity offer like when a game is only available on the xbox for x amount of time and then gets rolled to other platforms.
    Hi Kraze,

If you read back over the original announcement, we outline why we want a limited beta:

What is a Beta?
    A Beta means that we think the game is almost ready to launch. We have been playing internally now for months and are extremely excited to get this into a few of your hands! We will be soliciting usability feedback and tracking down bugs in preparation for the full release.

Why Limited Beta?
    There are a lot of moving parts to a MMO game like Star Legends. We want to have an opportunity to polish and refine the game before bringing it to a wider audience. This Limited Beta allows us to do just that.
    If you want to call it an exclusive on Verizon V CAST I would not say you were wrong. It's our method of limiting the number of users who can get into the game for this Beta period, allowing us to polish the game up before it goes prime time across all channels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Took the words right out of my mouth. Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that.
    Can I explain the need for the Beta?

Why Limited Beta?
    There are a lot of moving parts to a MMO game like Star Legends. We want to have an opportunity to polish and refine the game before bringing it to a wider audience. This Limited Beta allows us to do just that.
    You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The V CAST Android players are bug testing the game. Those who play when it goes full release on Apple App Store and Android Market will benefit from the pain and suffering of all the bugs they had to endure and get to play a more polished game.

Ok, ok, all spin aside, the team is working hard to make Star Legends the best it can be, but we still want, as originally stated, the opportunity to fix bugs with a limited soft launch. We can't do that on Apple's App Store, so we're partnering with Verizon to do it via the V CAST Media Manager. I feel like you guys are looking for some sinister reason we're tormenting iOS players. That is not our intention at all. As JustG stated earlier in the thread, if we could do a limited beta through Apple we would. But we can't. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Can I explain the need for the Beta?

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The V CAST Android players are bug testing the game. Those who play when it goes full release on Apple App Store and Android Market will benefit from the pain and suffering of all the bugs they had to endure and get to play a more polished game.

Ok, ok, all spin aside, the team is working hard to make Star Legends the best it can be, but we still want, as originally stated, the opportunity to fix bugs with a limited soft launch. We can't do that on Apple's App Store, so we're partnering with Verizon to do it via the V CAST Media Manager. I feel like you guys are looking for some sinister reason we're tormenting iOS players. That is not our intention at all. As JustG stated earlier in the thread, if we could do a limited beta through Apple we would. But we can't. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    I'll say it again. My main issue with all this is how you said we'd all have an equal chance on day one to grab our names. That's not the case. No matter how you spin this, the beta testers will have first dibs on any and all names not reserved. Everyone else will get to choose from whatever's leftover.
    It just puzzles me bc STS has always been concerned with keeping both platforms on equal footing. Android has always waited on updates until Apple approves. So now this full 180 -- how else do you expect us to look at this other than Verizon paid a nice chunk of money to have a first exclusive?

DD had their updates split between iOS and Android and it always split the community, caused rifts. I'm not playing that game anymore for a number of reasons. I'm just pointing out that STS is heading in the opposite direction of what we're all used to with decisions like this.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I'll say it again. My main issue with all this is how you said we'd all have an equal chance on day one to grab our names. That's not the case. No matter how you spin this, the beta testers will have first dibs on any and all names not reserved. Everyone else will get to choose from whatever's leftover.
    It just puzzles me bc STS has always been concerned with keeping both platforms on equal footing. Android has always waited on updates until Apple approves. So now this full 180 -- how else do you expect us to look at this other than Verizon paid a nice chunk of money to have a first exclusive?

DD had their updates split between iOS and Android and it always split the community, caused rifts. I'm not playing that game anymore for a number of reasons. I'm just pointing out that STS is heading in the opposite direction of what we're all used to with decisions like this.
    Lesrider, thank you very much for your feedback. I can see where you are coming from and you are right.

Unfortunately, we are not able to proceed with a limited beta on Apple, so we're doing it with Verizon. We're really looking forward to polishing the game up and kicking it into high gear when we hit full launch to all of iOS and Android. Thanks for your support and concern while we get through beta.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Becoming a flame fest. People need to stop complaining and understand how STS have their hands tied. I am sure if they could release the beta on both, they would. As far as others being behind or what not, Sam stated it would only be in beta for a week or two. With the updates coming to PL as well as this beta, does anyone really think there will be a large number of players who have that much exp by the time SL goes public?

Please be respectful and think before posting on these threads. The devs do the best they can and it seems with every update and new information release, there is more and more complaining. Be happy the games are thriving and that THEY ARE FREE!!

That is all.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hi Sam how is v cast media manager gonna work its a storage place? Or will we be able to download it from v cast apps?

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Hi Sam how is v cast media manager gonna work its a storage place? Or will we be able to download it from v cast apps?
    Acyer, V CAST is Verizon's version of the Android Market. It is just their way of saying "App Store" if you will. There's more to it, but that's a simple way to look at it. When Star Legends is approved by Verizon it will become available in the V CAST Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Android Devices.