Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mage, Warrior, or stay with Rogue?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

warrior look op

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

If I were the OP, I would wait for the new cap and take a look on that "Skill-Mastery". Then I'll decide, but that was just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Imo, rogue is best in overall aspect of both pvp and pve if you want faster runs. Faster runs doesnt mean fun though. Best for event and faster runs.

However, I choose mage over rogue because it's fun to play. Stun lock mobs and damage several mobs at a time . Cheaper to maintain. Cheaper gears.
    Also, I saw people comments about mages heal so i feel like saying something too. Lol. You will get called noob if you don't give mana to rogue and war in pve sometime and also they call you noob if you use heal.

BTW I use heal sometime in pve too . It depends. Imo it's a teamwork and we are here to play for fun most of the time. Isn't it rude to call someone noob and kick him or leave the party bcoz you think the run will be slower or harder?
    Also I want to add one thing. Healing also help aggro, right? that doesn't mean mage will die all the time. Because mage aggro mobs for a millisecond and divert their attention and save others and while mage is getting attacked, hard hitting rogue and warrior aggro will divert mob's attack. In that sense mobs will get so confused going here n there. So it helps to save all the party. Thats what I am thinking now.

Anyways suggestion from this noob mage for you is to try mage class. Mage may seem weaker but having a good mage (if he knows when to stun mobs or player or use heal in critical situation both in pvp and pve) in party helps all in pve and pvp. BTW I will be mad if rogue use sss. hehe. And chill guys don't fight over heal skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

If it is to farm in KM3 or drop pets in elite, create a good mage is easier. Purchase a mythical staff and a pet Haxonite. He will get a good damage.

Make a rogue is more difficult. Using legendary you'll be having low health and mana. It will just spend your pots and irritate you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iuxor View Post
    .... You really know how to hijack a thread with off-topic babble.

I gave Zylx my input on class perspective. If you don't like it, av, that's your opinion, and you are surely entitled to it.

I'm not sure why yr bringing up who runs with healers and who doesn't... Highly irrelevant. "The guild that you know of" and "ppl that you know who won't run with healers" won't be healed.. That's a fact. Not an opinion. I don't understand your criticism. Maybe STS should make a client without healing for YOU.. But, they made a client and a class with healing for ME... And that's my prerogative.. " people much rather have a 4 dps/3 DPS one shield skill Nott than a 2 DPS/heal/shield using Nott." I don't use shield. So I'm 3 dps skills and healer. Why would someone want to run with a mage with only 3 dps skills and a shield? Because it's all personal preference.

Apologies to Zylx for hogging up his thread... Nott continuing with this pissing match though.
    Heal attracts aggro, so if you heal you only help get yourself and your team killed. It's counterproductive. I don't mean to argue with you, I'm just telling you why it is horrible to use and why your team may leave if you use it.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-08-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

I started off as a warrior during the 26, 31, and most of the 36 cap and somehow i enjoyed it quite well. Only thing i didnt like about the class was that it felt slow and soloing seemed like a slow grind. I enjoyed the looks and weapons of warriors though haha.

About 3/4 of the way through the 36 cap, i switched to a mage. I loved the gameplay of using AoE skills to clear large groups of mobs simultaneously! It was a huge blast! Especially seeing the fire explode and the clock drop gave me the feel of a powerful mage. The skills look beautiful and the class seems awesome.

About 1/4 of the way through the 41 cap, i decided to main as a rogue. At the time, the class seemed ridiculously OP both in PvE and PvP. I enjoyed 1-hitting mobs and stuff, but the gameplay seemed bland. I didnt have too much fun with the class.

So for me:

Warrior: Best looking class
    Mage: Best gameplay
    Rogue: Most OP.

Right now, im torn between rogue and mage :P
    cant u play both? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melberly View Post
    cant u play both? lol
    Play both means spending a lot of gold on both

Which is too much for a player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yeah, i think he is wondering about equips. Its doable, but starting, you prob gear up one, semi-gear up other two, then work your way up. It's obviously more work than just equipping one, but having all three ready to go is pretty nice.

Star light, star bright...