Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is making a warrior worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Default Is making a warrior worth it?

Ive played rogue and mage before (mainly rogue) and I kinda got bored of that fast paced gameplay (in pvp). I COULD make a warrior but my only problem is that they have VERY low demand when it comes to farming. So I wanted to ask you guys how you handle these situations? What are your farming alternatives? Do you enjoy using a tank? Do you enjoy pvp? How frequently do you get kills? Are you fine with this? What lvl would you suggest someone to twink so that they can get a hang of using a warrior before going to endgame? What arcane pets would you recommend?

Please try to answer some or all of these questions. Arigato gozaimasu.

Ign Mustang

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

i didnt read it all but my short answer is: NO
    i have wasted a lot of time in my warrior and its useless now. be happy with your rogue and mage.

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Ive played rogue and mage before (mainly rogue) and I kinda got bored of that fast paced gameplay (in pvp). I COULD make a warrior but my only problem is that they have VERY low demand when it comes to farming. So I wanted to ask you guys how you handle these situations? What are your farming alternatives? Do you enjoy using a tank? Do you enjoy pvp? How frequently do you get kills? Are you fine with this? What lvl would you suggest someone to twink so that they can get a hang of using a warrior before going to endgame? What arcane pets would you recommend?

Please try to answer some or all of these questions. Arigato gozaimasu.

Ign Mustang
    It is worth making a warrior I sent like probably 500k on it without pets here's the stats I mean its OK lol for farming elites and arena I mostly use it for fang farming and wt4/km3 Name:  Screenshot_2016-02-03-07-17-41.png
Views: 2607
Size:  1.04 MB
    Stay cool🌊🌊🌊💨💨 Caveman spongebob meme

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oekeone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Many warriors nowadays have either switched to rogue or maybe even mage. The ones that stick around are mostly due to the fact that they invested too much in their warrior and probably dont want to start again with another character but if they could go back in time would choose a rogue. Maybe even mage. Theres no major benefit to switching to warrior and nothing your rogue cant do that a warrior can. Rogue is best character in both pvp and pve.

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Many warriors nowadays have either switched to rogue or maybe even mage. The ones that stick around are mostly due to the fact that they invested too much in their warrior and probably dont want to start again with another character but if they could go back in time would choose a rogue. Maybe even mage. Theres no major benefit to switching to warrior and nothing your rogue cant do that a warrior can. Rogue is best character in both pvp and pve.
    Mage is best in pve for the control of mobs and fastest runs and warrior is the best for elites and support
    Stay cool🌊🌊🌊💨💨 Caveman spongebob meme

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    So I wanted to ask you guys how you handle these situations?
    What are your farming alternatives? Do you enjoy using a tank?
    Do you enjoy pvp?
    How frequently do you get kills? Are you fine with this?
    What lvl would you suggest someone to twink so that they can get a hang of using a warrior before going to endgame?
    What arcane pets would you recommend?
    I've only played as a warrior for three years, I don't have alts. I still love it, but I've farmed it to death and apparently am considered OP.

I don't play PVP, it's always nonsense drama, fighting, and childish behavior. I get enough of that in real life.

Since I run for gold in PvE, kills isn't something I'm concerned with, just cash.

I don't twink, I've ridden my end game warrior for a while. Where ever the cap stopped, that's where I was, farming, running, saving for the best gear.

My build is pure strength, and all strength related abilities. I use a Toor for an arcane pet. I suggest Nexus if you ever need mana bursts/recharge, Ethyl for a budget pet that adds some punch and slows mobs, I use Blinky, Yowie, Malison, Breeze, Gyrm, Courage, Blight, Nilbog, Abbadon, Slag, (I have a few more that I use, but I renamed them and forget what they're originally called.)

But like other's have said, I invested three years in this toon, I'm not changing, I dont' get a lot of time to play, so rather than use alts, I use this, and it works just fine for me. But, it's three years invested. If you're looking to farm, stay a rogue or mage.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaizor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If your more of a tanker (attracts mobs and higher health) then you should. Warriors sometimes with the right gear and pets can also be pretty good at pvp.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Invalid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

don't waste your time. i was a good tank. i know when to use my skills and how to keep team mates alive but recently mage and rogues have become way too strong that they dont need warior to run maps anymore. better fast dps run than with tanks. they are getting left out so i sold all my stuff and made a mage with nekro, planars pendant, arcne ring and glintstone gun and im loving it. i just feel sorry for those arcane pets and good legendary pets left unused on the warrior. but for duels and pvp wariors still kick ***. warriors are the only class that can defeat a rogue fair and clean (with axe throw and chest spliter) ezzz
    "steel wins battle, gold wins war"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I am a warrior and they just nerfed the arc sword afer all bought, for one week the warriors were finally able to be of equal threat, and finally relivent again, now sword is no good and ask any warriors that having quit playing after today, they all agree,we are the class that is obviously not needed, I will quit also today, I've spent too much money to be nerfed or " bug fixed" ,when rogues complain about something, they get their way, they have been able to one shot hit crit us ,noone cared,so obviously the warriors class and feelings are errillivent,short answer,, NO,don't build warrior, we get no respect: (

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have all.three alts and do almost only pve so thats my perspective. I must say i really like tanking hard elite like garetta and planr tombs. Its good to have rendtails arcane ring and planar pendant together with aegis. Arcane ring and planar pendant u share between your alts so all u need is the aegis to get a really good tank. And a decent pet. imo for tanking singe is number one. I have nekro to and use it sometimes for helping pt with his aa and for some.bosses. And then go for legendary assult gear and a legendary belt and u can gem it cheap to begin with using diamonds. And then shift out to some fury over time. then u will have a awesome tank. For easy solofarming with mobs i like using my mage its fast. And for maps where the boss is hard to kill a rogue is.not bad. But my tank is good there to. But solo.farming is not the.strongest part for tank. But to just have one rogue or mage with u works nice on most elite maps. I reccomend to get a tank its a different ballgame. In pt your main concerne is not to do damage.its.to.take.damage and.keep.all.safe
    Drasitel officer MythicDragon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Drasiteal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Warrs are awesome now lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

If you don't have troubles in going solo or not doing timed runs, warriors is the best class for every map. Not even with a mage or rogue you will be able to run elite maps solo easier than a warrior and you don't need the best gear just decent gear and a good pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

dar para português

Challenge here any rogue or mage to go a duel with me !

I can prove to pvp or duel , Warrior is the best option !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Warrior is the best I have all 3 classes. Warrior not a waste , next update i bet people going be demanding warrior for tanking jobs . the warrior is under rated because most dont know how to use a warrior. When i join games with GrayPigeon, i am taking over , and have to remind a mage and a rouge . "keep clam ..real tank here". I find it cute when a mage and rouge try to tank, lure , pile up. I passed them and take 3×mobs they were trying to attemp . Warrior is the best class for pve . i not pvper. Hands down . warrior owns maps. Like it or not . I proved it last night. The point is warrior's aggro and take lead, white mage and rouge kills. Warrior is the best and will be in demand . Look up GrayPigeon. All i do is take over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i still love my war toon, although sometimes war get no love. in the end, its all up to your preference, whether to get a war toon or not. cheers.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IronWolfert For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excuse my typos . i on the road while waiting on updated .
    My question to all .
    What are your warrior builds?
    Mine is simple and almost like playing snes.
    Skills
    C.S 5/5
    Jugg 5/5
    VB 5/5
    Heal
    Passive
    Def 5/5
    Str 5/5
    Intell 5/5
    Agi 5/5
    Crit 5/5
    Gear at the moment
    Dragon stalker of assualt
    Glitsone Maul.
    I tank map with this set up. To be real..a true tank use wepon and '''shield """ i seen a good few real tanks. I mean shield def skill with the gear. The damge with a warrior is great, the weapon ability is great. Saving for my dragonsword .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Aegis is same op wpn, proc kills mobs like mini mage, for pve best buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Juggenaught is op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

lol now i'm thinking about going back to tank. They becoming OP once again. I love we can play tank skillfully instead of those squishy mage. But mages are still the best role to have fun in both pvp and pve except duels
    "steel wins battle, gold wins war"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Im enjoy play tank, but is possible a tank run solo elite? (shuyal, tindirin, rengol)