Thread: [POSSIBLE] Bug arcane staff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Default [POSSIBLE] Bug arcane staff

When I use the arcane staff and make it proc is it supposed to take away my mana when it does? I was just playing around making it proc a lot then realised I had no mana then saw that it takes away mana every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    When I use the arcane staff and make it proc is it supposed to take away my mana when it does? I was just playing around making it proc a lot then realised I had no mana then saw that it takes away mana every time.
    Well even if did take mana it shouldn't be a problem since mages have ton, depends how much did it take away each proc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Tons of mana doesn't means is sufficient, mage skills depends on mana ... every skills....
    Staff spell skill shouldn't take mana is a weapon
    Last edited by will0; 02-10-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

It takes about 7% which is more than double the mana cost of the most consuming mage skills.

It's just another annoying tradeoff on top of charging the staff and praying that some mob doesn't cancel it.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

lags cancel charging of the staff too also mobs attacks especially in rengol, there's no invulnerability and we are wide open to attack when charging the weapon or skills 7% mana cost doesn't help either ...

mesalin

Staff proc is extra powerful skill. It take mana maybe its bug but i wouldn't mind it lol

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The charged attack is NOT the proc. The proc for the staff is the dot chance.
    Sts regards Consecrate as a spell, which is why it requires mana. Just as it worked for the previous arcane staff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Previous arcane staff "Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%. It is an AoE spell with the area being equivalent to a charged fireball. This costs 0 mana, but does a little bit less damage than charged fireball. Charging takes 1.8 seconds."

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6507956&type=3

Shadowflare is a spell so is Consecrate ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

The staff should not be using mana, that would be unprecedented. As will0 stated, the Ker'shall Scepter did not use mana when casting shadowflare. It is very likely to be a glitch.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    The staff should not be using mana, that would be unprecedented. As will0 stated, the Ker'shall Scepter did not use mana when casting shadowflare. It is very likely to be a glitch.
    As a result, developers decided to make the Ker'shall Sceptor's spell very weak as to them, a 0 mana cost spell was very OP. I do think that 7% is a bit much though, this should be lowered to 2-3%.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yeah, make it 2-3% mana consumption instead of 7%. And some people say when using arcane staff skill damages weaker than the mythic gun, is that true?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    As a result, developers decided to make the Ker'shall Sceptor's spell very weak as to them, a 0 mana cost spell was very OP. I do think that 7% is a bit much though, this should be lowered to 2-3%.
    Make it 10% for all I care. We can heal mana fast enough. I just want the skill damage fixed. -75 is ridiculous. It actually affects rushing in a clash because I can almost never kill rogues with a quick nuke now.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Another thing that proc has moved com k n bonding magician not be staying stuck is the proc k and seen if it is still going to hit you from all sides if you stay in the circle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Make it 10% for all I care. We can heal mana fast enough. I just want the skill damage fixed. -75 is ridiculous. It actually affects rushing in a clash because I can almost never kill rogues with a quick nuke now.
    I actually agree that the skill damage needs a buff and the staff in general. I just was pointing out why Ker'shal charged skill cost sorcerers 0 mana. I'm not against a buff on the staff by any means!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another thing I have noticed and don't think was intended is only one mage in the group can charge his/her staff. So say I charge mine and then another mage in the group charges his/hers my buff/proc vanishes immediately. This cant be right, most people stay spread out when fighting mobs. All mages in the party with staff should be able to use it with its proc and buff at the same time, just as rouges and wars can.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gigilo For This Useful Post:

New Member Francisco Escobar Reyes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    si la mana no es mucho pero dano no ase nada es muy poco conparado con war y rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gigilo View Post
    Another thing I have noticed and don't think was intended is only one mage in the group can charge his/her staff. So say I charge mine and then another mage in the group charges his/hers my buff/proc vanishes immediately. This cant be right, most people stay spread out when fighting mobs. All mages in the party with staff should be able to use it with its proc and buff at the same time, just as rouges and wars can.
    This!
    This is very important. As I wrote in the other thread, i get that we dont want Consacrates to stack, but also cancelling other mage's Consacrates with mine is very very wrong. Basically if there are more mages in a party noone will ever use it, because it is egotistic. If I charge mine, I cancel another mage's buff. This is really wrong.