In a thread today, someone was asking about being power leveled. Someone responded by saying that power leveling was frowned upon and that he wouldn't power level for money.

I'd like to ask about this. I don't want people to hate me. But, I think members should be able to ask questions or express their opinions without worrying about being attacked on some forum.

My question: Who exactly "frowns upon" power leveling? Is it the devs? Or, is it individual players who share a personal opinion? If it is the devs, where can we read about this subject directly from them - some official source? If power leveling violates the TOS, then I apologize for bringing this up and will end my questions.

IMO, as long as there is no TOS violation and especially when done correctly, power leveling is fine and can be a lot of fun.

I wouldn't power level for gold. You can make way more from farming. But for rl, ig, fellow guildies or simply to pay it forward by spending a little time being nice, I'd consider power leveling someone. But, if someone wanted to power level for gold there's nothing wrong with that (I can understand their point of view).

Power leveling doesn't hurt the game anymore than anything else. There's a lot of hysteria over the subject, but ANYTHING when done in stupid ways for stupid reasons is, well.... stupid. But, like just about anything else, power leveling has its place in the game and can be a lot of fun and actually help both individual players and the game as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I don't think power leveling has a major place in the game. It's just something that can be fun.

Anyway, to get back to my original question, who exactly "frowns upon" power leveling? If it is officially the devs, if so, where can I read what they have said? If it is more along the lines the personal opinions of individual players, are all members of the forums allowed to ask questions and state their opinions?