On the app store, Pocket Legends is rated 4 stars. I decided to check out the reviews to see why it wasn't 5 stars, after reading hundreds of reviews, I have compiled a list of suggestions that the average player would like implemented or changed in the game.
I tried wording some of the suggestions exactly like the reviewers did, so you can catch some of their emotions in the suggestions.
- .99 cent platinum package - A lot of players complained about not being able to buy just a few platinum.
- More free platinum offers in tapjoy! NAAAOW!! - Many players use that as their only source of platinum income.
- Get rid of the platinum for health/mana potions all together - pretty much 50% of the one star ratings were from low level players who quit the game, because they didn't realize you could also buy potions for gold. The potions for platinum projects an image of a greedy developer and cash sink game. Which doesn't pay off for the small "Convenience buy" every once in awhile.
- Dull and boring content - I understand exactly why you guys are adding and revamping so much low level content now. A bulk of the poor reviews were from players who got bored out of their minds, before they got to high level content.
- In game appeal a ban/REASON for being banned system - Although Pocket Legends doesn't want these players to be playing, they are giving horrible ratings in the app store. All though spacetime has a good ban appeal system at email@example.com , a lot of players don't know about this. The average ban review comment was "HORRIBLE GAME, DEVS MUTE AND BAN YOU FOR NO REASON AND NO EXPLANATION, DELETED". If theses players understood why they were banned, they would be likely to not leave such a nasty review. Quite a bit of the really really nasty reviews were because of this.
- A lot of hype about the "Human Class" on the reviews - A lot of players want to see it implemented.
- Not "Spiffy" enough - A lot of players see that there is no variety or distinction between gears.
- Quests are LAAAMME - Casual players, reviewers, and hardcore players all can agree on this one. The quest system needs some "zest" added to it.
- More classes! - A lot of players rated it 3 stars, because there isn't enough variety.
I know, I know, it's hard to please every player. But if the devs spend a little time working on potions for plat, ban system, and overall appeal of the game, they could easily get a 4.5 star rating with not so nasty of comments.
Edit: I know you guys wont get rid of it, because of the effects it has on the servers, but a lot of players were displeased with the global cool down. I know, it takes awhile to get used to. I still get annoyed with it some times, having to repetitively press the screen to get one spell to cast. I can't think of anything that would make the global cool down smoother on game play, maybe you guys could brain storm some ideas. Pocket Legends doesn't have that same kick anymore with the gcd now.