Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Top Players nowadays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Nonetheless, exploiting a game isn't allowed either

And really? Running WT4 (or whatever map) for hours on end doesn't seem suspicious to you?
    Nope, when I'm bored I will in wt4 all day, at one point I set a goal for myself of 2k kills a day. It got to the point my guildies would joke with me that they did make maps after outpost and I should try them. And every kill I got..I got it the good old honest way

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    Nope, when I'm bored I will in wt4 all day, at one point I set a goal for myself of 2k kills a day. It got to the point my guildies would joke with me that they did make maps after outpost and I should try them. And every kill I got..I got it the good old honest way
    exactly.. Not everyone who has a lot of kills botted to get those kills.. People just assume "oh he cheated!" When people are on the pve leaderboard. I knew a mage back in season 5 that spent 7-9 hours running wt4, and kraag 4 to go form 500k kills to 999k to snag top mage spot for that season. He worked hard. As do many other top players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lucaskane2480 View Post
    Agreed.. They have a lot to do other than waste time on something that isn't actually happening..
    If u quote me please dont make people believe im saying something which im not, people very much bot, most of the lb players bot, but sts wont do anything against it due to the reasons i already mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Leaderboard should be resetted every season. This will make Old player stand on top forever and New player have no chance to put their name on it.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    Leaderboard should be resetted every season. This will make Old player stand on top forever and New player have no chance to put their name on it.
    If they are going to implement that they need to monitor botting and sort it out otherwise people with bot every season for lb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Just stay online 24/7 and wait at corners to see who boting will help a lot :-P

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

what does that mean... this thread... someone sad that I took his position?
    are you too lazy to farm for new aps ?
    happy you did once all aps and you will get every season top player banner?
    I farmed for every single aps .. alone, in party, as fast as possible if you got too lazy to farm for it (because merching, playin pvp with arcane sword, etc.)
    then I m sorry to say that.. but u dont deserve that your name is written on it
    looking forward to climb the leaderboard
    ... you should better complain about that overpowered sword (proc too often too much dmg), or that the prices so low, or that weekly plat events come up, or glinstone set rogue and mage too underpowered, or value of all items are lost
    make yourself useful and start a thread for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThaAnas View Post
    I farmed for every single aps .. alone, in party, as fast as possible if you got too lazy to farm for it (because merching, playin pvp with arcane sword, etc.)
    ... you should better complain about that overpowered sword (proc too often too much dmg), or that the prices so low, or that weekly plat events come up, or glinstone set rogue and mage too underpowered, or value of all items are lost
    Sadly, but I'm on my way to retirement. If I wanted to be in any leaderboard, i would be. But not when other players are cheating. And since i'm 95% sure I won't come back at least for more than 9months or even better, forever. I let my own skills talk for me. I don't need a banner to prove what I can do. Let the party started. ELONDRIAN IS QUITTING!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm assuming this is top rogue at the moment.. I have messaged this person and have gotten a reply, so I'm sure they don't bot.. Just putting hard work in. Not EVERY player on lb bots.. Just because you aren't on the list and are lazy to get on lb(which is extremely easy with hard work) doesn't mean the players who put hard work in bots. I agree with you on this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I'm assuming this is top rogue at the moment.. I have messaged this person and have gotten a reply, so I'm sure they don't bot.. Just putting hard work in. Not EVERY player on lb bots.. Just because you aren't on the list and are lazy to get on lb(which is extremely easy with hard work) doesn't mean the players who put hard work in bots. I agree with you on this!
    The problem isn't necessarily being jealous of people who work harder than me, but rather the issue that people are out there who are working less than those who aren't getting rewarded for the same actions. No one can keep up with a good bot, we're all humans. We eat, sleep, poop, work, and have some kind of life. Bots can go on and on to no end.

Surely there is a reasonable timeframe for someone to achieve these grindsome APs, and obviously people who are quick to obtain them are going to rub off as suspicious. These concerns should be taken advantage of, especially this early in the AP release. Usually botters prime themselves with this kind of stuff.

It's ethically and morally wrong to bot. End of story. Botting ruins the integrity of the game and it rewards people who dont deserve it.

Sure not everyone on LB bots, but some do and they need to be dealt with. Besides, if you botted your way to the top and find out you get banned the next day, you shouldnt be angry with anyone. It's not like you did any work.
    Last edited by Zylx; 03-02-2016 at 09:32 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Sadly, but I'm on my way to retirement. If I wanted to be in any leaderboard, i would be. But not when other players are cheating. And since i'm 95% sure I won't come back at least for more than 9months or even better, forever. I let my own skills talk for me. I don't need a banner to prove what I can do. Let the party started. ELONDRIAN IS QUITTING!
    Well said. You are not alone, we are on same boat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I'm assuming this is top rogue at the moment.. I have messaged this person and have gotten a reply, so I'm sure they don't bot.. Just putting hard work in.
    Getting a response to a pm is does not mean they don't bot. One of pls most well known botters was (still is) a no lifer who had no problem responding as he used a bot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

I'm gonna reply to this one more time, cause I think people are going to think I have a problem with every top player from the leaderboard. I know 75% are macro-users who are doing new aps.

If I wanted to macro, I would macro and be there and not even care about it. But since i find these new aps very offending to all previous top players who worked hard since season 1-2 to get 10k flags which isn't a easy ap, then i have the all reasons in the world to be intrigued about the fairness in macroing.

But since you think I'm jealous about you and other top players. Here are my aps. Some of the aps i made them from mistake .... bummer!

Name:  ahhahahaa.png
Views: 182
Size:  324.8 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ciazera View Post
    Can you stop please? All thread you make is for complain. It makes people tired for hearing complain so much.

You say you will retire. If game no fun for you please retire. No need complain for ruin fun for new player like me.
    This thread will most likely help the game in the long run, not ruin it. Macros are a serious issue and are ruining the game for tons of people.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Can you stop please? All thread you make is for complain. It makes people tired for hearing complain so much.

You say you will retire. If game no fun for you please retire. No need complain for ruin fun for new player like me.
    It makes people even more tired to know that they've worked so much to get their reward/spot on the LB, and someone else just cheats (bots) their way onto the LB, without putting any real effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Hmm. Previously, people were complaining because leaderboards were stagnant. Now that they introduced new APs, people complain that leaderboarders are botting their way to the LB.

I will only comment here because I was able to complete some APs WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT. All it took was teamwork and chitchat. Time (and apparently, APs) fly when you're having fun. I was in a party with two rogue leaderboarders and another who was just doing the APs even though he isn't running for LB. Who would do that? Dedicated pve farmers who like reaching some sort of tangible goal (i.e. AP with title).

I doubt STS was trying to minimize the plight of those who plowed their way to 10k ctf flags. However many of those who have completed this have also earned their banner reward from seasons past. And then they just sit pretty, wait for new map APs which take zero effort, and go back to PvPing and some pve kills on the side to ensure LB spot. How is that also fair to those who have time to do APs other than PvP flags?

While I agree that botting is a serious issue and is unfair to legit players, I think it is also unfair to insinuate that newcomers to the LB got there by cheating.

That mass banning that happened yesterday? That's how it feels to be wrongly accused in public. And while each person knows his innocence, there is still that stigma of being made to feel like a cheater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Sts ban already all bot yesterday. Maybe no perfect but they make good effort
    Well known botters are still around, some may have gotten banned but not all so this thread is important and needed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Hmm. Previously, people were complaining because leaderboards were stagnant. Now that they introduced new APs, people complain that leaderboarders are botting their way to the LB.

I will only comment here because I was able to complete some APs WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT. All it took was teamwork and chitchat. Time (and apparently, APs) fly when you're having fun. I was in a party with two rogue leaderboarders and another who was just doing the APs even though he isn't running for LB. Who would do that? Dedicated pve farmers who like reaching some sort of tangible goal (i.e. AP with title).

I doubt STS was trying to minimize the plight of those who plowed their way to 10k ctf flags. However many of those who have completed this have also earned their banner reward from seasons past. And then they just sit pretty, wait for new map APs which take zero effort, and go back to PvPing and some pve kills on the side to ensure LB spot. How is that also fair to those who have time to do APs other than PvP flags?

While I agree that botting is a serious issue and is unfair to legit players, I think it is also unfair to insinuate that newcomers to the LB got there by cheating.

That mass banning that happened yesterday? That's how it feels to be wrongly accused in public. And while each person knows his innocence, there is still that stigma of being made to feel like a cheater.

The new aps being fun? The pt u were in perhaps but the aps are just mindnumbing, an attempt by sts to brainwash us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

I'm living in democracy. I'm expressing my own thoughts being respectful and not breaking ToS. My thoughts can be stupid or smart. I let the people make their ideas about what i have to say. If nobody will not give their feedback on forum, then don't expect any changes in game too. I'm not doing this for me. I'm doing this for you , for your friends, for my friend , for people which they don't know AL has a forum , ETC . Ok?

I know I'm the "most loved" person in game/forum. Everybody figured that out... I have so much love to give !

If I will quit it's my own problem. Not yours nor people who "adore" me. I'm feeling not satisfied with the current content of the game. Maybe next season I will come back.
    Last edited by Titanium; 03-04-2016 at 07:33 AM. Reason: typo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    The new aps being fun? The pt u were in perhaps but the aps are just mindnumbing, an attempt by sts to brainwash us.
    No one is forcing us to do the APs. If you want to do them, that's your decision and only yours. No brainwashing there. Leaderboarders for sure want to do them to retain their rank. But would you prefer that they put in work or just let the same people sit and wait for the season to end so they can get their banner for the nth time?

The only issue here is botting. Which I hope STS resolves soon because it is truly unfair. But the new APs are an attempt to drive top players to choose their path wisely in gaining APs for their place in the leaderboards. It is also a test of camaraderie, because higher elite APs are difficult to complete without a good and consistent party.