Thread: is it against ToS to log on multiple characters on chrome?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default is it against ToS to log on multiple characters on chrome?

sometimes i need to transfer my items and opening 2 different device seems to not efficient for me.
    just wanna ask will this cause me to be banned?

and no im not dummying, my laptop only can open up to 3 chars otherwise the fps will dropped and my chrome could crashed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think no coz its still at one device , not sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Nope

/11char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

It's a bannable offense to use multiple chrome Windows or multiple devices at once. The devs clarified this for me after the cake event.

What you're describing isn't allowed.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 03-04-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The ToS doesn't mention the use of multiple log in. You can use multiple accounts at the same time. Many people do that. They use their second account as a bank.

Here are the Terms of Service

If you got banned for multiple log in, they probably caught you because of the bot's ban criteria. I suggest that you send an email to support to make sure of that. Visit support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    The ToS doesn't mention the use of multiple log in. You can use multiple accounts at the same time. Many people do that. They use their second account as a bank.

Here are the Terms of Service

If you got banned for multiple log in, they probably caught you because of the bot's ban criteria. I suggest that you send an email to support to make sure of that. Visit support.spacetimestudios.com
    I have a PM from Remiem saying it's a bannable offense. It's considered an exploit.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 03-04-2016 at 11:26 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

let me make it simple: i wanna open 2 toons in a device at the same time.
    is that allowed or no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ericarsenic View Post
    is that allowed or no?
    Multiple log in seems to be an exploit. Then it's an offense. Do not perform multiple log in on the same device.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ericarsenic View Post
    is that allowed or no?
    It's not allowed. You can't use two (or more) toons at the same time, period. It doesn't matter if you are using Chrome windows or multiple devices; it's not allowed either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Could we get a dev's response on this? I know many people use multiple chars with separate devices to craft, and store items on, is this ban worthy? Maybe a TOS needs to be amended?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Here is the problem. I play at the same time with my 11 year old daughter on 2 different devices on the same network. So how could Sts know if that is me playing on two devices at the same time or just two family members in the same house playing at the same time? What if a group of friends got together and played at the same house on a regular basis. That could be 4 different accounts for one player too or it could be 4 different players in one household.

It would seem that what activities are occurring on the accounts could cause a ban vs just the fact that multiple devices on one network could.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masked View Post
    Could we get a dev's response on this? I know many people use multiple chars with separate devices to craft, and store items on, is this ban worthy? Maybe a TOS needs to be amended?
    I think you answered your own question. Using multiple devices and alternate accounts allows you to have unlimited crafting slots going at the same time. That is just one way it can be exploited.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 03-04-2016 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Simply not allowed, because this thing make easy way for hacker to transfer item when hacking.
    I completly agreed its still not allowed because this hacking methods happening to my friend already

[ forgiveness ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Here is the problem. I play at the same time with my 11 year old daughter on 2 different devices on the same network. So how could Sts know if that is me playing on two devices at the same time or just two family members in the same house playing at the same time? What if a group of friends got together and played at the same house on a regular basis. That could be 4 different accounts for one player too or it could be 4 different players in one household.

It would seem that what activities are occurring on the accounts could cause a ban vs just the fact that multiple devices on one network could.
    Yep, enforceability is a nightmare. That's why, I imagine, it rarely results in bans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I think you answered your own question. Using multiple devices and alternate accounts allows you to have unlimited crafting slots going at the same time. That is just one way it can be exploited.

Lol, so, owning an account on a different device with seperate emails, being used to craft is an exploit? How can this be ? (Lol) ...(crafting isnt an exploit).. If a player has 25 alts on same email account, can craft items too, then that player could be banned? If this is your thinking, then why would sts allow the opportunity for players to add an account with story coins, plat, and or tags??

Side note ** It seems that the items sts dont want exploited seem to be bound to account and cant be stashed**

(Wish i played during the para event )

Again it would be nice for sts to clarify this. Many players have multiple accounts with seperate emails that they use for storage, and crafting.

Laugh it up fuzzball!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masked View Post
    Lol, so, owning an account on a different device with seperate emails, being used to craft is an exploit? How can this be ? (Lol) ...(crafting isnt an exploit).. If a player has 25 alts on same email account, can craft items too, then that player could be banned? If this is your thinking, then why would sts allow the opportunity for players to add an account with story coins, plat, and or tags??

Side note ** It seems that the items sts dont want exploited seem to be bound to account and cant be stashed**

(Wish i played during the para event )

Again it would be nice for sts to clarify this. Many players have multiple accounts with seperate emails that they use for storage, and crafting.
    STS clearly intended players to have all their characters on one account. As far as I know, they have never said they don't allow alternate accounts, but you can read between the lines. (I wouldn't push it because it's a gray area at the moment.)

What I did get clarification on is that they don't allow you to use multiple characters on multiple devices/Chrome windows at the same time. One exploit that arises from this is that it allows you to have infinite crafting slots open at the same time. This is way more efficient than toggling through toons on your character-bound account (toons that you have to buy with plat or tokens, unlike alt accounts). You're surprised that STS wouldn't allow this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I'd say its somewhat of a gray area,
    if its just for transferring gold/items from one account to another (as long as said other account doesn't belong to someone else), it should be fine
    But if you are transferring gold from an account you stole from a phishing scam, expect the banhammer

What else is not allowed: PvP kill farming (aka dummy farming), stealing items/gold from another player's account, using multiple characters to loot items (not sure about this one, but I'm quite sure it would be unfair if you looted 4x the amount of items per run than normal players)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    if its just for transferring gold/items from one account to another (as long as said other account doesn't belong to someone else), it should be fine
    But if you are transferring gold from an account you stole from a phishing scam, expect the banhammer

What else is not allowed: PvP kill farming (aka dummy farming), stealing items/gold from another player's account, using multiple characters to loot items (not sure about this one, but I'm quite sure it would be unfair if you looted 4x the amount of items per run than normal players)

Alternate accounts themselves are the gray area. Remiem made all the rest very clear to me. Using multiple accounts at the same time is a bannable offense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Alternate accounts themselves are the gray area. Remiem made all the rest very clear to me. Using multiple accounts at the same time is a bannable offense.
    Show us the pm Remiem sent you?
    - (un) Retired -

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post

mostly i logged on 2 or 3 toons at same time just to show my collectibles and chilling around, beside transferring my vanity or para gears.
    i have para amulet that can be used both in lv11 and lv13, thats why i often transferring it between my toons.
    i wish i can get an enlightment about this from the authority.