Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Concerned of rogues becoming op after level expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Concerned of rogues becoming op after level expansion

I'm just worried that rogues will become very op after the level expansion that is coming up (lv56 cap), for a number of reasons:

Firstly, if sts keeps increase the level cap, rogue's crit and dodge rate will increase too. In the lv46 cap, the crit and dodge rate for an average rogue is around 30-40% (Pros would be around 50-60% crit and dodge rate), if level caps keeps expanding, then the rate of crit and dodge for rogues will be nearly 100% (or just a much higher chance). If that happens, rogues will do massive damage to other classes especially with their CRITICAL aim shot. Also warriors and mages will have less hit chances of doing damage to rogues as their dodge rate increases.

Also note that since the lv46 cap, the damage reduction of a rogue is nearly as strong as a tank, most rogues can reach over 2k or a bit less armour value. From what I have seen, only a few very pro tanks have an armour of 3k plus, most tanks have an armour value of 2k-2.7k.

Secondly, even though warriors and mages's stats will also increase during the level cap expansion but its likely that they can not resist the number of critical aimed shots by rogues. The juggernaut and arcane shield might help resist it, but what happens when it cool downs..........(especially juggernaut, cools down really slow).

Thirdly, rogues will able to recover mana once sts releases the mastery skills as it mentions in the heal packs mastery. Mana drain is one of the critical component of defeating a rogue in a 1 vs 1 match (sometimes clashes too). Heal pack is already powerful as it heals massively with just one pack. If rogues is able to heal mana, then it means that they can consistly use their aimed shot and healing packs which then seems that they can never be taken down. Tanks have to use veng, jugg and heal in order to resist the massive damage dealt by rogues and with just one attack skill, which makes a tank a less efficient killer in a 1 vs 1. This shouldn't happen as each class should be balanced (in power) between each other. (sorry i didnt mention about 1 vs 1 with mages and rogues, i dont have a mage character so I'm not 100% sure).

So to conclude, there has to be a deadline for the level cap in Arcane Legends, because imagine a rogue with >70% crit and dodge rate with >1k damage and >2k armour, it will be a MASSIVE KILLER. So please sts, take this in consideration.

Thanks, Xinghvn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Are days like these when I like twinks the most. At least, they are blocked in PvP and know how to define PvP. When endgamers are confused about what PvP is.

2 tanks v 2 rogues / tanks win.
    2 mages v 2 rogues / mages win.

Rogue is recognized by her/his own individuality . Besides that, first mistake you are going to observe in a clash, is a rogue rushing and dying of her/his own stupidity by doing so. Rogue is the hardest class for this exact reason. You need a lot of time spent in PvP to be good. You need to be extremly sneaky to be a badass rogue nowadays. After 3 years playing this game, i figured how I can be a better rogue than I used to be.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Wtf.. Rogues r becoming useless..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I don't know how it will be, but what you describe is indeed the problem with rogues having stats that are percentages, I would imagine that it is already possible to reach 100% crit with the correct buffs, and that is a quite insane stat to have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

The OP has a point here whereby the crit of a rogue keeps going up where as that of mage/warrior is limited to that given by their gear values.
    What sts should do is release 'high crit' gears for mage/warrior and 'no or very small crit' gears for rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wow thats good I have a rouge

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Rogue or Rouge ?

I don't care who you are, and what's present your guild (c)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lol...I don't even need mana to kill tanks. It's going to be harder to kill a tank now due to 5 second faster jugg CD. Rogues will have to be impeccable in their timing and pray that they are not stunned during the gap when a tank is off their jugg.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

with helm + body glintstone armor + arc dagger .. I have only 41% crit... loss dagger then only 37% ( 750+ Dex, nekro pet, 0 eyegem) next client crit passive will be nerfed by 2% .. then 35% where is 60-70% mark ? Lol .
    at pvp dodge is useless everybody spam skills not auto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

How about make rogue max critical and dodge on pvp about 50-75% so its not very OP at all and did not max thier critical on pve, its will be usefull when solo a boss. For example *dunno who* hve critical 99% on his/her rogue when he/she enter pbp the critical will scaled to 75% to avoid OP in pvp, in other mode PvE his/hee critical will still 99% well i just give my opinion dont mad on me >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    with helm + body glintstone armor + arc dagger .. I have only 41% crit... loss dagger then only 37% ( 750+ Dex, nekro pet, 0 eyegem) next client crit passive will be nerfed by 2% .. then 35% where is 60-70% mark ? Lol .
    at pvp dodge is useless everybody spam skills not auto
    You need eye gem maybe :'v my guildmate hve critical about 48% (forget how many) no eye gem, you just need better equipment or jewels :'v btw no arc ring?? Seriously? 56 lvl cap is near :'v arc ring will be useless later :'v

Too many :'v emot? :'v im sorry about that :'v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I just started endgame pvp a couple days ago and its unfortunately true -.- rogues are op... Even in clash. Rogues up here are nothing like twink lvl where they are actually balanced. Rogues can literally travel across the map and one shot you easy if you are a mage recovering you shield from last battle or two shot you if your a tank. 15k crit damage!? Whats next 30k?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Critical and dodge are stats that should have diminishing returns once past 35%.
    From 35-50%, you gain an actual .5%. 50-75%, .25% gained. 75-93%, .125% gained. 93%+, .05% gained.

So:
    35% crit on screen = 35% actual crit chance
    36% crit on screen = 35.5% actual crit chance
    40% = 37.5%
    50% = 42.5%
    51% = 42.75%
    52% = 43%
    60% = 45%
    70% = 47.5%
    75% = 48.75%
    76% = 48.875%
    77% = 49%
    85% = 50%
    90% = 50.625%
    93% = 51%
    94% = 51.05%
    95% = 51.1%
    100% = 51.15%
    110% = 51.65%
    130% = 52.65%
    150% = 53.65%
    200% = 56.15%
    217% = 57%
    500% = 71.15%
    750% = 83.65
    1,000% = 96.15%
    1,077% = 100%

Would work out nicely. If I'm not mistaken, our armor value already has diminishing returns. Most games implement diminishing returns for several aspects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I don't usually walk around towns checking other people's stats, but I don't think I've recently seen a rogue with over 60% crit. Maybe there are a few, but even they will most likely get under that number when crit passive gets nerfed with new client. Using the most extreme cases isn't indicative of the game population as a whole. It's just as easy for me to point to a few tanks or mages with ridiculous stats and say "wow nerf them, they so op, imagine tank with 12k health at lvl 56".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

To clarify he said the average is 30 to 40 with pros reaching upward of 50 and 60. He is correct. To speculate that rogues main stat, dex (crit and dodge) will somehow go down after the expansion is just ridiculous. So warriors str and sorcs int will do the same? No.
    It's always how everything applies in pvp. If everyone here bases everything on pvp then we all should all be able to agree that rogue was, is and will always be the top class. Based in part to the fact that as you can see, it's mostly rogues that influence the game via forums. I'm guessing this guy that posted is a warrior. Mages don't speak up because there's not many pro mages playing anymore. They all made rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Yes he says average is 30-40 and then goes on a rant about rogues with 60 and 70. Gg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

We're going up 10 levels here with the definite possibility of new arcane and mythic items to follow. That's substantial and I see what his point is but you see it as a rant. There's been a ceiling on crit and dmg passive since day one. Now the solution is to nerf the passive which will affect everyone across the board. With tanks and mages gearing str and int respectively, rogues will be the only ones adding true crit. And depending on gear selection(dex based gear) I don't think 70 is out of the question. I have to sacrifice too much hp and dmg for a crit build. I've tried it and it's decent for pvp but there's much more to this game than these 2 pvp rooms.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

It is a rant, because it presents us with a biased and extremely skewed picture of the game situation at the moment. To get to 60% crit you need a huge numbet of eyes. Right now I need to add 12 or 13 more eyes in order to up my crit to that number. With new client I will need 2 more. Are you aware that means pretty much a full eye setup?

As for everyone making rogues. This just isn't true in regards to pvp. On the contrary, many of my rogue friends now pvp exclusively as tanks or mages. You can even see it in the forum. I remember my surprise the first time I saw Kingofninjas say here 'we mages'.

So please.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Are AL game all about pvp?
    There is many ppl enjoyed pve more than pvp, with this dramas STS will hard enough to make rogue like was they must, damager in map and nerf in pvp room,
    Do u have feel enter elite map when wars do more in map than u as rogue,
    They stunt with that sword, attack almost same with us,
    We feel useless and nerf.
    Then we need more nerf?

[ forgiveness ]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ryuba For This Useful Post:

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Great feedback, all. Thank you! Balance is something we look at and reassess every expansion, to make sure that everything is still sustainable for the long run. The same will happen for this expansion as well.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: