Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Concerned of rogues becoming op after level expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    It is a rant, because it presents us with a biased and extremely skewed picture of the game situation at the moment. To get to 60% crit you need a huge numbet of eyes. Right now I need to add 12 or 13 more eyes in order to up my crit to that number. With new client I will need 2 more. Are you aware that means pretty much a full eye setup?

As for everyone making rogues. This just isn't true in regards to pvp. On the contrary, many of my rogue friends now pvp exclusively as tanks or mages. You can even see it in the forum. I remember my surprise the first time I saw Kingofninjas say here 'we mages'.

So please.
    This is a great example of a skewed picture of the game at the moment. Isn't it more just your experience? My experience isn't the same as yours. But in essence this is what the forums are good for. Look Tat, we're arguing. I consider you a friend but this is what we're left with. Different perspectives of the same game, constant speculation and imbalance. Everyones experience will be different but these factors never change.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can I just say.. I do not have these concerns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Which exactly is the skewed picture? I speak with numbers. Numbers say it's completely out of the question for 99% of the rogues to get anywhere near 60% crit at the moment, unless they use some crappy tactics gear. If you or the OP dispute this, go make a rogue with top gear (it's pretty much the same for all maxed rogues right now with slight variations), reach 60% crit with Nekro, and come show me.

As for pvp, ask around about the current situation. Or better yet - make an all-rogue team, go play vs tanks and mages, and come tell me the results.

And of course, the fact that we are arguing, doesn't mean we are no longer friends lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Great feedback, all. Thank you! Balance is something we look at and reassess every expansion, to make sure that everything is still sustainable for the long run. The same will happen for this expansion as well.
    and hence we are nerfing rogues.
    Remi, you left out that last sentence.
    Jk.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    It is a rant, because it presents us with a biased and extremely skewed picture of the game situation at the moment. To get to 60% crit you need a huge numbet of eyes. Right now I need to add 12 or 13 more eyes in order to up my crit to that number. With new client I will need 2 more. Are you aware that means pretty much a full eye setup?

As for everyone making rogues. This just isn't true in regards to pvp. On the contrary, many of my rogue friends now pvp exclusively as tanks or mages. You can even see it in the forum. I remember my surprise the first time I saw Kingofninjas say here 'we mages'.

So please.
    It's true I mainly play mage now. My devices has gotten to slow to play rogue effectively, and the screen is too small to track everything going on, so mage is a better choice for me. I do play rogue occasionally when a rogue friend wants to play mage and we switch gear.

However, rogues are still OP in tdm. Even after not playing rogue for 3 months, I found it very easy to run corner to corner one hitting mages and rogues. The OP has a point. When I stacked 2 Aimed shots, which is usually the case when I PvP, my crit was 75%. Throw in a planar pendant proc, and it basically hits 100%. I would love an arcane pet that brings enemy crit down to 35-45% for like 10 seconds on its AA.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    To clarify he said the average is 30 to 40 with pros reaching upward of 50 and 60. He is correct. To speculate that rogues main stat, dex (crit and dodge) will somehow go down after the expansion is just ridiculous. So warriors str and sorcs int will do the same? No.
    It's always how everything applies in pvp. If everyone here bases everything on pvp then we all should all be able to agree that rogue was, is and will always be the top class. Based in part to the fact that as you can see, it's mostly rogues that influence the game via forums. I'm guessing this guy that posted is a warrior. Mages don't speak up because there's not many pro mages playing anymore. They all made rogues.
    I'd take two mages one rogue over two rogues one Mage anyday, if a rogue isn't rlly skilled she'll get you farmed in endgame clashes due to tank sets, mages can counter it by shielding when pulled, rogues get eaten alive.
    So mages are more useful in pvp than rogues are atm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryuba View Post
    Are AL game all about pvp?
    There is many ppl enjoyed pve more than pvp, with this dramas STS will hard enough to make rogue like was they must, damager in map and nerf in pvp room,
    Do u have feel enter elite map when wars do more in map than u as rogue,
    They stunt with that sword, attack almost same with us,
    We feel useless and nerf.
    Then we need more nerf?

[ forgiveness ]
    Either ur useless on rogue or u are useless on rogue, tanks doing more damage than you as a rogue and you blame it on arcane sword? Learn your class before you come up with gibberish like that, rogues definitely rule pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Would reducing the amount of crit each dex point adds out of the picture?
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I just say that for people who say nerf, nerf and nerf. I do learn it in last 2 years, this is not about how useless rogue or other class are, but this is about dramas that they make for each class they play.
    All class good already u just need spend ur gold for gear and jewel.
    And dont forget all class have their each jobs.
    I just blame this post hard that what all i mean.
    They cry for nerf

[ forgiveness ]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ryuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Wait wait wait . Why nerf rogs ?( I am a mage for 3 years BTW ) Yes they will give a high crit after the expansion . There is not need to reduce their stas . But buffing other classes would be much better. Let the high crit for rogs play on your hand . why not add a 20% damage reflection on mage shield , and a 5% crit debuff ( stacks ) on warrior juggernaut ? Each tick will reduce crit of one nearby enemy by 5% and with mage shield reflecting damage , problem will be solved in no time .( considering the high HP of tanks and the upcoming 1.5% extra reduction from shield ( per point ) , surviving won't be a huge problem )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Wait wait wait . Why nerf rogs ?( I am a mage for 3 years BTW ) Yes they will give a high crit after the expansion . There is not need to reduce their stas . But buffing other classes would be much better. Let the high crit for rogs play on your hand . why not add a 20% damage reflection on mage shield , and a 5% crit debuff ( stacks ) on warrior juggernaut ? Each tick will reduce crit of one nearby enemy by 5% and with mage shield reflecting damage , problem will be solved in no time .( considering the high HP of tanks and the upcoming 1.5% extra reduction from shield ( per point ) , surviving won't be a huge problem )
    Agreed, i would nice to see damage reflect to a rogue when critical :') but its only last long 4second 2second when shield just active with ignore all damage so first second the damage wont relected after its gona reflect play for 2second at least a rogue or warrior took half damage on it nice opinion hihi i like it and agree to 5% reduce damage every tick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Go make rog and no more mage and warrior at 56 an d no more report about rogue is OP .

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nooo don't nerf rogue
    Rogues are not OP . the reason why they have so high damage is because they're the " damager" right? And besides rogues are easy to kill unless ur a pro or u have a good set of items. in PvP , their damage is alrdy reduced/nerf . and since we're moving in new cap .. Warriors Armor and health will surely increase a lot (since jugg is scaled on lvl but also not ony that ) but ofc also mages and rogues . so why nerf rogues ??.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

It took me 6 months to develop a fully working strategy to kill rogs. The gear of rogs does not make a big difference in the case with mages , you have 6-10s to kill a rogue before you die . if it's all timed right , you should be able to stun the rog and gain extra seconds . mages need shield to survive . once it's down gg , one combo or crit aimed is enough . Even nekro shield is not strong enough to resist . also it's almost impossible to win if rog sneak attacks . sp + aimed combo deals insane amount of damage to a mage that was not shielded. In that case you will be sitting with 20-30% HP or will be with a wasted heal ( if you use it ) so basicly your time is reduced to 3-4s ( shield invincibility + you will be able to survive for some time )