Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear Devs or Rem re: glinstone set Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Other than that.. the devs already post a thread on why they think the set is the way it is. They explained something about it being a trade-off and that, that trade-off to them is worth the set. Like an older post said; "its too late to ask for buff"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkystash View Post
    Other than that.. the devs already post a thread on why they think the set is the way it is. They explained something about it being a trade-off and that, that trade-off to them is worth the set. Like an older post said; "its too late to ask for buff"
    Looking at the threads abt the arcane staff, while daggers were been buffed, for us mages there was at least an explanation.
    Well, what papa is asking is an explanation.. did u really got in which way this set is worth the trade off? Cause we haven't still get it.
    Last edited by Kharjojo; 03-12-2016 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    Looking at the threads abt the arcane staff, while daggers were been buffed, for us mages there was at least an explanation.
    Well, what papa is asking is an explanation.. did u really got in which way this set is worth the trade off? Cause we haven't still get it.
    That's exactly what I'm asking. Just wanna pick the heads of the Devs about this set. It's more expensive and time consuming than imbued. Certainly over the long term. And while warriors for example ended up with a spectacular combination of sword and set, I don't see an similarities with Mage or rogue either. I actually appreciate the glinstone set for warriors in pvp although when combined with the sword is extremely op, they compliment each other well. Both are also good without the other. It seems that the Mage weapon and set is the exact opposite. There are most certainly things that I may not have considered. I'd just like to hear from the devs about their thoughts on this now that there has been some non theoretical game time to observe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Up up up. Need answers. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hmmm, yep the glint set is not good for mage why can't the set just add like 100int extra or have a powerful aoe attack like the arcane sword. Also I don't find the arcane staff extremely useful. That needs to be buffed some how cause its terrible compared to the other arcane weapons. I suggest like a invincibility for 2 second or something and cast heal also a fixed aoe attack like the warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well the only good thing about the set IMO is the mythic helm for mages. Which I'm using. The rest of t he piece are unless..

The trade off is not worth it.. so the devs developed the glintstone set.. so which of them actually play their own game and tried this so called mythic gear with light proc and calls it useful.. did they even attempt to try it before releasing this useless set.

Useless like everyone else says.
    Useless to mages
    Uueless proc that need light skill
    Useless in pve
    Useless in pvp

Overall useless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Devs!! Pls give us an explanation of why this is so. It would be nice if it got buffed. I didn't even bother to start the mythic set quest and the orcslaying quest because so far there is no reason to besides the AP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

they won't make mage op .. that's not part of this game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

So you thought you would be op with this set and your not.warrior was trashed on for a loong time and when we get a fix (ITS A FIX) people go crazy.i really don't know who people think any class is better than another.Now we can have all characters running in a party,instead of just rogue>mage> warrior.

SEEMS LIKE ALL YOU GUYS FORGET THAT this game must continue and cannot be stuck on make a set of gear perfect for you . honestly,you gotta move on.If st thinks it needs a fix then eventually it will get one.its their game and no one forces you to spend cash on it.YOU make that choice,You decided it would be the best set of gear (and I assume you did very little research before you got it.which is YOUR fault again for not investigating it further.

We know none of the numbers stg runs nor what they have planned.So if you didn't make the effort to research a very expensive in game item before you decide to buy it,that's on you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

<This comment is deleted. I was tired when I made it and rambled. Ibis in the next comment beautifully sums up what I would like to say.>
    Last edited by mishafeng; 03-22-2016 at 06:15 AM.
    Yeah, that's my sig. You have my permission to be #jelly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mishafeng View Post
    It's because these people spend money on the game and that we only asked for a FIX of the warrior class. Not to make them over powered in nearly every sense. The people that spend money on this game (papa etc etc) pay sts salary don't you forget. If sts can't keep plat buyers happy they find a new game and sts loses income. All were asking is that you buff the mages. Our glint set is clearly junk and so is staff. I've used both arc staff and glint staff (reason) and tbh I'd take glint any day. It's proc is better making it better over all. The same needs to happen with set. My current legendary armor when compared with glint set is nearly the same in stats. It needs to be fixed is what were asking. Not to be the best class.
    Soooooooo
    What you are trying to say here is, sts, I pay you salary so you should buff me every time I ask & screw everybody else. Am I correct?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    That's not what anyone is saying. People payed a lot of money to craft this set. STS promised us that the proc would make up for the stat loss. Rogues and Wars are using their sets. Mages are still using arcane ring and 41 amulet. The mage set is not living up to anyone's expectations. The original poster of this thread is simply asking sts to clarify what they envisioned for this set. I think that is a fair question to ask
    sts knows what they are doing.There is a reason why this set hasn't been revamped I'm sure.If they were to give you a proper fix (which everyone would say is underpowered and complain anyways)it would be small.Its easy to say well match it to warriors set with a powerful proc.Nice thought but have you thought maybe just maybe it couldn't be balanced and have you guys be happy.you want this massive boost in power when you don't need it.I've seen many many many mage running around with very very nice pvp stats and excellent pve stats.maybe you need to change your play style.Not everyone plays the same and things as small as staying to left of the map or right can change the outcome of numerous situations.Many ways to own as a mage.As of now,I think each class has its ups and down like it should be.AGIAN,NO ONE FORCES YOU TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME.NO ONE FORCES YOU TO USE THIS SET.OTHER MAGES DO JUST FINE IN ANY ASPECT OF THE GAME AND IF YOU CANNOT MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE THE WAY YOU PLAY.if it has not been talked about yet but you know they are well aware of this issue then stop trying to force them to answer to you.85% of all mages I have seen big and small have had great pve pvp stats.every set for different characters are going to act different according to which character type.Just think about mechanics of a rpg.its basic knowledge really.

never seen so many "gamers" crying around before.every heard of roll with the punches?I would hate to play a pc or console pvp game with a lot of you...Excuse me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    That's not what anyone is saying. People payed a lot of money to craft this set. STS promised us that the proc would make up for the stat loss. Rogues and Wars are using their sets. Mages are still using arcane ring and 41 amulet. The mage set is not living up to anyone's expectations. The original poster of this thread is simply asking sts to clarify what they envisioned for this set. I think that is a fair question to ask
    Firstly, my comment was very specifically directed to what mishafeng had written. It has nothing to do with the original post on this thread.
    Secondly, do not try to justify the buff of this set due to the gold/plat you may or may not have spent. The stats of all sets were released prior to you crafting them. It was your choice to spend the gold/plat and that should not be the core reasoning in your "feedbacks".

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    So you thought you would be op with this set and your not.warrior was trashed on for a loong time and when we get a fix (ITS A FIX) people go crazy.i really don't know who people think any class is better than another.Now we can have all characters running in a party,instead of just rogue>mage> warrior.

SEEMS LIKE ALL YOU GUYS FORGET THAT this game must continue and cannot be stuck on make a set of gear perfect for you . honestly,you gotta move on.If st thinks it needs a fix then eventually it will get one.its their game and no one forces you to spend cash on it.YOU make that choice,You decided it would be the best set of gear (and I assume you did very little research before you got it.which is YOUR fault again for not investigating it further.

We know none of the numbers stg runs nor what they have planned.So if you didn't make the effort to research a very expensive in game item before you decide to buy it,that's on you.
    Replying to your first two sentences, from what I recall, warriors were useful in PvE until around s5 when rogues began to get really OP (although it started with the introduction of the arcane daggers, only very very few were top geared and the elites back then were very elite and a warrior was essential). Mages were OP in PvP, however, for about a few days till stun immunity was added and then again now in s6 - excepting, obviously, the best geared mages which again were few.

Mages also had a heal which gave a pathetic amount of HP regen for three years so touché.

Enough about #magepower though lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cannot say it better than alhunt.

Now, back on track, it's not a matter to ask for a OP set, it's just a simple question... again: in which way the trade-off is worth?
    Last edited by Kharjojo; 03-22-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Up. I want some answers too!