Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
OK so IF this is a dupe there are ways to avoid this.it's from Diablo 2 and maybe even earlier.

1:if it's a really good deal and an expensive item,you can take this course to further protect yourself(bit of a pain but worth it).

1: when you go to trade,DO NOT DO IT IN THE SAME MAP.MAKE THE DUDE PARTY YOU AND MOVE TO A DIFFERENT MAP.

2:Once at the new trading map,make him move to one last map(MOST IMPORTANT STEP!)don't enter trade until the second map of just you two!

THIS INFORMATION IS FROM A METHOD OLD AS WOOD.CAN EASILY BE AVOIDED.IM NOT SAYING THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING, THIS IS JUST INFORMATION TO INFORM YOU IF YOUR BUYING EXPENSIVE ITEMS AND ARE WORRIED NOW WITH ACCUSATIONS OF DUPING HAPPENING.(HE IS MAKING THESE BAD ITEMS SOMEHOW AND STG SERVERS CAN TELL THEY ARE NOT AUTHENTIC ITEMS AND POOFS IT.KEEPS GLITCHED ITEMS FROM EVER HITTING THE STREETS.)

THIS CHECK HAPPENS WHEN YOU MOVE MAPS AND MAYBE OTHER WAYS.IF...!

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS INFORMATION TO PROTECT YOU IS FROM DIABLO 2 LoD and obv that's an old game.could be different here.

If he is a honest player/trader,tell him what is happening and why you want to do this.should be no problem.

This could very well be a bug,but I'm slightly educated on this as I have lost massive loot to this(arguably the #1 pvp caster amulet on d2 for YEARS was passed of on me for my life savings...and POOF on me.

when you see someone selling items to good to be true,they might not be true items

It never hurts to take SS,or at least remember his name.
Thank you so much for the time and effort you spent telling us this eagle eye229!