Thread: Arcane staff - Damage bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Default Arcane staff - Damage bug

Hey everyone, this was a correction to a visual bug with some of the Glintstone and Arcane Weapons! Some of the damage values were not correctly displaying. The actual damage values of the weapons have not been changed in this patch. We made sure to take care of this so you have better comparisons of these weapons to new weapons coming in the expansion!
    As voom said in another thread, the arcane weapon has just been adapted in damage appearance, if I do understand this right.
    But can anyone explain me how it is possible, that the mythic gun shows more damage than the arcane weapon?
    In the following screenshot you can see that mythic gun has lower stats but shows more damage? Could this be abug of the gun?
    I know arcane weapon is clean but +43 damage because of some glacial gems aint possible.

Name:  PicsArt_03-25-09.21.53.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  898.5 KBName:  PicsArt_03-25-09.22.08.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  940.2 KB
    As you can see here, the arcane staff has more INT and More DPS.

Love to here some feedback of you guys and hopefully any def can answer as well

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juicymango For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Guns have always have far more base damage than stalves. This is the first time we've had a mythic gun and an arcane staff at the same level. Now we know that, damage-wise, mythic guns will probably exceed anything else other than an arcane gun.

Btw, an arcane gun/bow properly scaled for damage would probably break the game in its current state. I suspect that's why we didn't get an arcane gun/bow this time around.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    As voom said in another thread, the arcane weapon has just been adapted in damage appearance, if I do understand this right.
    But can anyone explain me how it is possible, that the mythic gun shows more damage than the arcane weapon?
    In the following screenshot you can see that mythic gun has lower stats but shows more damage? Could this be abug of the gun?
    I know arcane weapon is clean but +43 damage because of some glacial gems aint possible.

Name:  PicsArt_03-25-09.21.53.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  898.5 KBName:  PicsArt_03-25-09.22.08.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  940.2 KB
    As you can see here, the arcane staff has more INT and More DPS.

Love to here some feedback of you guys and hopefully any def can answer as well
    its cause glin gun has 1 grand 2 glacials gems and the staff doesn't...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Remember in the past there was a discussion about gun giving more skill damage than staff? This is exactly that.

It's just now that the damage stats you see is now truly reflective of the skill damage

Here's the quote :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    On paper, the staff definitely blows the wisdom gun out of the water. But there are some drawbacks.

Firstly, you lose 85-90 skill damage (on lightning) on another equally gemmed staff vs a wisdom gun. To compare, the giant bone Bow vs Elon Bow was only 30 skill damage less (on Aimed shot).

The HP and stat bonus on the staff is far superior to the gun. You gain roughly 260 hp over wisdom gun, and .5 crit. When under the proc, you gain an additional 3 crit and roughly the same damage u get from wisdom guns proc.

However, the difference is this. The staff will proc 100% of the time, but only if it's charged. The wisdom gun proc is far rarer, but can happen just by tapping the gun. Since it takes 3 seconds to charge and the staff proc lasts 8 seconds, you will have 5 seconds before u have to start charging again if you want to remain under the proc. This takes away 37.5% of your time, which is a huge deal in PvE and more so in PvP. Also, the range of the proc is small. 3 steps will take you out of its range. Because of the 4 axe sets, u will probably have to charge it more than once in the 8 second time period.

I'm not advertising wisdom gun. The staff may still be better. I'm just pointing out that it isn't a no brainer decision like many assume it is based on the stat bonus on character screen.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Guns have always have far more base damage than stalves. This is the first time we've had a mythic gun and an arcane staff at the same level. Now we know that, damage-wise, mythic guns will probably exceed anything else other than an arcane gun.

Btw, an arcane gun/bow properly scaled for damage would probably break the game in its current state. I suspect that's why we didn't get an arcane gun/bow this time around.
    Ah i get what you mean. So basically it's like with legendary items, gun has more damage and staff has more dps.
    But shouldnt the gun be that much better then the arcane ataff? I mean I get just 20 dps from the staff but lose 40 damage. Thats veery verry much imo...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    Remember in the past there was a discussion about gun giving more skill damage than staff? This is exactly that.

It's just now that the damage stats you see is now truly reflective of the skill damage

Here's the quote :
    Guess that answers my question though.
    But i still cant decide whats better lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    Ah i get what you mean. So basically it's like with legendary items, gun has more damage and staff has more dps.
    But shouldnt the gun be that much better then the arcane ataff? I mean I get just 20 dps from the staff but lose 40 damage. Thats veery verry much imo...
    Lol veeery indeed.

The advantage of the staff dps is that it delivers damage to multiple targets, I think 6 max. If you were using only the gun vs staff (no skills) it would take you 6 times as long to kill 6 mobs.

IOW, the staff's maximum damage output per second is actually 7,326, if you add the damage each of the 6 mobs receives. The gun simply cannot replicate that kind of damage on it's own.
    Last edited by Niixed; 03-25-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

The 'Arcane' staff is showing decreased stats on u!! What type of weapon r u using ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veenihiv View Post
    The 'Arcane' staff is showing decreased stats on u!! What type of weapon r u using ??
    Arcane staff with gems/jewels id guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I was going to keep my wisdom gun after getting the arc staff but there was no point. While the glint guns are great weapons with a good proc, ultimately the "chance to DoT" on arc staff normal attack is more powerful in elites, and the extra spell "consecrate" on charged is strong too. So it's more than the stats.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kananaskis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

About this, they did a decrease in DPS

Name:  PicsArt_03-25-09.21.53-b.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  73.9 KB
    Last edited by soon; 03-26-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post
    I was going to keep my wisdom gun after getting the arc staff but there was no point. While the glint guns are great weapons with a good proc, ultimately the "chance to DoT" on arc staff normal attack is more powerful in elites, and the extra spell "consecrate" on charged is strong too. So it's more than the stats.
    The dot proc melts elite mobs. I love it.

Side note: I think in the past, even if you managed to have your damage stat to be the same with gun/staff or bow/dagger, the gun & bow would still have higher skill damage. Not sure if that is still the case these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veenihiv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkquantum View Post
    Arcane staff with gems/jewels id guess
    Yep exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    About this, they did a decrease in DPS

Name:  PicsArt_03-25-09.21.53-b.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  73.9 KB
    Yes I realized that as well. Hopefully any def can answer this why it Shows lesser dps now.