Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 50 Plat Premium Character pack question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 50 Plat Premium Character pack question?

In the beginning of the game it gave me the option to purchase the pack if i wanted. I said no thanks but i am lvl9 now and i want to purchase it. How do i go about it? I don't see that purchase option anymore. If i buy over 50 plat will i have the premium pack?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    You'll be able to do this as long as your character has not completed the tutorial and you are not level 3.

-ALS
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...939#post342939

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Currently there isn't any way to purchase the package without restarting a new character.

We understand the desire to purchase it once you get to know the game and like it and are adding in an option to purchase the new player package from the store. That way you'll be able to buy it later if you want to. I'm not sure when this change will go in, so for now, remaking is it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So now you have over 50 Plat and you want to purchase the pack you say? Well that should be easy! Although there aren't any 50 Plat packs in my knowledge. Anyway, go to the store, go to "items", and whatever class you are warrior/enchantress/archer. Let's just say Mage for now, then tap "item-packs". Scroll down to whatever pack it is you want ^_^ remember, if there's another pack with the same name, they're a different level. Feel free to ask further if you're stuck

EDIT: scratch what I said, listen to the guy above me "Samhayne". He knows EVERYTHING about the game. I'm just "A-kid-down-the-block".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Sam please make sure that regardless of how people buy it, the pack remains once per character. Otherwise people will never buy separate auction/inventory space ever again because they would be allowed to just keep getting 50 inventory and 10 auction slots at the discounted rate. That in itself makes the pack worth it over buying these slots separately. Believe me, I remade for it.

STS can afford to lose income on this once per character, but the potential income lost from multiple unregulated purchases of the new player pack would be monumental.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-11-2011 at 06:10 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    the potential income lost from multiple unregulated purchases of the new player pack would be monumental.
    Your adjective is monumental. (That's a double entendre, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is. )
    All my posts are automatically +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I don't know that they will lost "plat" from these packs if it encourages more people to purchase than would otherwise have purchased the separate items. Sometimes you can sell more at a discount than you would have at a premium.

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I don't know that they will lost "plat" from these packs if it encourages more people to purchase than would otherwise have purchased the separate items. Sometimes you can sell more at a discount than you would have at a premium.
    The packs are worth 150+ Platinum each. Companies usually calculate their prices of items, based on how much they need to break even, and a little extra for profit. Sales usually still make them profit. But this is literally buy 1 get 2 free. They loose money on each purchase, hoping it will stimulate more purchases later on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre View Post
    Your adjective is monumental. (That's a double entendre, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is. )
    I don't get it. Monumental how?

I suppose the buying many at a discount can also happen, earning them money after all.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange