Thread: Fastest method of leveling?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fastest method of leveling?

Hi. I am fairly new to pocket legends and had a question. I am currently a level 48 bird and was wondering what the fastest instance to level from 48 - 55 is. Either solo or with a party. Note: i will be using a 4x combo potion the entire time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

With a full party u get an xp bonus.........so with a full party plus 5 ppl kill faster than 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes. I am well aware of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Crush the Keeper until 53, then Bandit Boy Hideout. Catacombs and Stronghold give good xp as well, not quite as much as Hideout though.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

The "fastest" possible way would be for you to find a group of 55's who are trying to make 56 before the update. Everyone should to be using combo elixirs, complete the BS Hideout map up to the mini boss (Catspaw) and remake. This is the fastest possible way that I can think of, you would get the xp bonus from having a full group, the speed and melee boost increase the speed of the runs substantially, finally having a group of 55's with you would ensure that they have the most stats/skills available to increase their DMG/survivability (it would help if they had level 55 sets and at least one member of each class for mega combos).
    Last edited by Gluttony; 07-10-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

What Gluttony said. ^^

What he is talking about is called slushie runs. Or extreme exp runs in other terms. So, if you want into a extreme run, prepare to spend some platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would argument Moog's post; if you are confident in your skills, I would recommend you go for Roach.
    1: the level is fast, VERY fast
    2: 60 enemies (Swill has 59) - I would go for roach instead of swill, since the latter has a lot of traps, which will slow you down.
    3: the enemies are of a higher threat than in the hideout, giving more xp/enemy

The hideout and stronghold are great places to level as well, because of the high concentration of mobs in certain places (hideout - beginning + cats passage and besides it; stronghold: square in the beginning and the one just before the boss), but these will take you longer to complete (unless you have a good bear/mage to support the party, and to pull, thereby reducing the time needed to complete)
    Ultimately, it's all up to you. Experiment and see which levels suit your style of play.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, thank you everyone for your input. I figured a question like this is something that would make a community slightly angered, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Until 53, I would do crush the keeper XP runs by stopping at the abrupt left or right turn (left containing shadows, and right with tough aliens). Avoid the alien boss on the way, and keep left. Quick, easy run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mathewcorp View Post
    Until 53, I would do crush the keeper XP runs by stopping at the abrupt left or right turn (left containing shadows, and right with tough aliens). Avoid the alien boss on the way, and keep left. Quick, easy run.
    u get much more XP if u join sewers as 48. the threat level is higher, so u get more xp! problem is more u will get booted by higher levels as 48. will need some paticence to find a friendly group.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    u get much more XP if u join sewers as 48. the threat level is higher, so u get more xp! problem is more u will get booted by higher levels as 48. will need some paticence to find a friendly group.
    Ha. True. But IMO, that is pretty rough. I mean, a level 48 can barely do enough damage to matter, and die like crazy. I would atleast do it to level 50. that is when the gear atleast becomes loads better. ;p then catspaw till 55. Or 56 even. (Have your bear run straight at the left for the catspaw hallway, so he/she can aggro the group down that way, and you stay back so you can beast up on the mob.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adwin:346513
    I would argument Moog's post; if you are confident in your skills, I would recommend you go for Roach.
    1: the level is fast, VERY fast
    2: 60 enemies (Swill has 59) - I would go for roach instead of swill, since the latter has a lot of traps, which will slow you down.
    3: the enemies are of a higher threat than in the hideout, giving more xp/enemy

The hideout and stronghold are great places to level as well, because of the high concentration of mobs in certain places (hideout - beginning + cats passage and besides it; stronghold: square in the beginning and the one just before the boss), but these will take you longer to complete (unless you have a good bear/mage to support the party, and to pull, thereby reducing the time needed to complete)
    Ultimately, it's all up to you. Experiment and see which levels suit your style of play.
    It's been tested and proven doing pulls does not speed up runs. Im talking about the huge pulls in stronghold. Replace that bear with an archer and u go just as fast. Once again ,non debatable, tested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    It's been tested and proven doing pulls does not speed up runs. Im talking about the huge pulls in stronghold. Replace that bear with an archer and u go just as fast. Once again ,non debatable, tested.
    Ow yes, this is definitely debatable IMO. I agree about the big pulls though, I read that posts about that too and know from personal experience.
    But, a bear can definitely speed up the run, if done correctly. Example, stronghold:
    1. Bear runs to the upper left, while rest of team goes right. You all meet in the upper left, where you kill everything really fast. This is faster than having to run all the way back to the bottom, when some enemies move too far back.
    2. 'meeting at the bridge or barrels': Again, bear pulls everything towards the barrels or bridge, all gets killed and nobody need to run all the way to kill every enemy. Again time saved.

There are several more examples of this. If you use the spots where you meet up perfectly, it definitely speeds up the total time of the run. In runs with my friends, we always have our specific 'meeting points', to make our runs more 'efficient'. So, saying that roundups don't make any difference in time is false IMO. It can definitely speed up the run, if done right

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Sewers at Lv 48 will not be a great experience for you - stick to Crush the Keeper. Why? A vast majority of players WILL boot you because you're below lv 50, and you'll be more or less just leeching XP at Sewers because damage will be insufficient. And regarding huge pulls vs. going around killing enemies - in my experience, I had nearly the same finishing time using both methods. Though there's a higher likelihood of death/wipeouts if the party does not know what they are doing with those huge pulls (a big problem in public games).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Is that so?
    You are NOT supposed to play like a lv55+ when doing speed runs.
    Bear runs to the right and up, while the party moves through the centre. Quick n dirty.
    IGN: adwinp

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    And regarding huge pulls vs. going around killing enemies - in my experience, I had nearly the same finishing time using both methods.
    Have to agree here, I've been in all bird groups (maybe a mage of we're lucky) with 2H bows who just plow through the mobs in no time; I have also been in groups with a bear and all mages where the bear pulls and the mages AoE the mobs to death. Personally the times are comparable and the overall difference is minimal. I would give a slight edge to the bird party because there is no coordination necessary.

As for the point of getting xp I'm going to stick to my previous post, but if you want to enjoy your experience sticking to CtK until 53 would be the route I'd choose... unless you have plenty of friends 55-56 who are willing to carry you every step of the way.