Thread: Meet Mrwallacejr

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Meet Mrwallacejr

As positive as the general feedback to the forum guides for bears are, I heard some gentle criticism that we all on here focus on the end game bear, the leveling bear is left alone.
    In my case, that has a pretty simple reason: When I leveled Mrwallace (now senior), I had no clue what I did there. It was the first char I leveled over 18, and I made every mistake I could make. I started to think about stuff like specs and tactic when I was level 50.

But now I'm old and wise , I know how I want my bear to work. And to do something new until there will be new end game maps, I’ll level up another bear, and post what I did there...

As always: This is not a build-a-bear-guide, this is just my point of view. Please comment and share your ideas.

Compared to someone starting the game, I have the advantage of tons of gear in my stash. Especially in low levels this makes things really easy. I got some platinum sets from my failed twinking attempts that will have a use now.

My goal is a level 30 dual spec str/dex bear wearing Shivering and Iceberg, on the way there I don’t want to bother much with dual spec. I will use dex weapons, because it’s just more fun and I really hate having to walk to my enemies.

So let’s start a bear - meet Mrwallacejr

Level 1 to 4

That part is boring, but fortunately over fast. Just join full games and try not to die. No need to think about how to spend your skill point, the first four are spent automatic. But I’ve been a bit creative with my stat points. Generally I would put all points into dex at the start, but from level 5 on I want to wear an Armsman plate, which needs 22 str and adds 7 str. So I will add str until I have 15 and then put all the rest into dex. This means I’ll have to use boost gear at level 5 - which is a funny thought...

Stats: Put 15 into str for Armsman armor, rest dex
    Skills: Nothing to chose there
    Gear: Don’t buy anything! What you got at the start is fine for the first levels.
    Play style: Walk to mob. Auto attack. Use Skill. wait. Walk to next mob... Don’t fall asleep.

Level 5 to 9

Time to decide about skill points! I’ve put all new skill points into Rage, all stat points into dex. With every additional Rage level it feels better, at level 8 I could easily solo rush Dark Forest. Fun. Only stop for trolls.

Stats: All new into dex
    Skills: All new into Rage
    Gear: Armsman plate. I tried all six crafted level 5 armors, I like Armsman best for my bear. Rest of gear is best drops or old twink stuff.
    Play style: When rage is on - Mob is dead before you reach them. When rage is on cooldown: See level 1-4 play style

Level 10 to 14

Still putting all stat point in dex, after maxing out rage, all points go into stomp. This may not bring much in higher levels, but now it is just a great damage dealer. And it’s fun to be a low level stompy bear...
    I use talon and wing from platinum pack, and still stick to the Armsman

Stats: Dex Dex Dex :-)
    Skills: Max Rage, then max Stomp
    Gear: Armsman plate, platinum pack cap, talon and wing
    Play style: Soft crowd control. Walk into room, taunt, walk into corner, when mobs followed step back and stomp...

Level 15 to 19

To stingy for a new armor, so only change to pink level 15 / 17 talons for some extra damage. Hell Scream joins the skill map and gets every extra point.

Stats: Stopped putting points into dex when I reached 65 Dex. For a Shivering talon set I'll need 93 Dex, it adds 4 * 7 Dex, so I stop at 93 - 28 = 65 Dex and start putting points into Str.
    Skills: Max Stomp, then hoild back skill points until level 18 for Hell Scream
    Gear: Same as before, only level 15/17 talons
    Play style: With Hell Scream you now can stun mobs before stomping them, yay!
    Last edited by Mr.Wallace; 07-15-2011 at 06:51 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Wallace For This Useful Post: